You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ressies vs Bolton

coop

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there have been several times this season when San Jose has been bullied by a bigger striker. He's a very technically gifted defender, and has all the attributes required to become a top one. Think he needs a loan move to a lower league side to see how he does against better opposition.

In other news, Huddersfield want to take Martin Kelly on loan next season. I reckon Kelly should be looking at going to a Championship level side personally.

San Jose defo needs a loan spell somewhere. Kelly is quality, he's better than League One for sure. And if they aren't going to be getting first team games, Darby and Spearing need to be allowed out on loan too, regardless of what it means for the CL quota.

Do players bought for the Academy count as 'Home Grown'?

Just wondering who in the reserve/academy sides are eligible to fill to CL quota.

They count as Home Grown Players if they have been at the club for 3 years between the ages och 15 and 21.

Players that are still under 21 and have been at the club for 2 years can be listed in List B.

Players available as "Home Grown Locally Trained Players" next season:

Martin Hansen

Chris Oldfield

Jamie Carragher

Stephen Darby

Martin Kelly

Godwin Antwi

Jack Hobbs

Miki Roque

Robbie Threlfall

Steven Gerrard

Jay Spearing

Paul Anderson

Ryan Flynn

Adam Hammill

Steven Irwin

Ray Putterill

Nathan Eccleston

Craig Lindfield

Players available as "Home Grown" next season:

David Martin

Players available to "List B" next season:

Dean Bouzanis

Emiliano Insúa

Daniel Ayala

Ronald Huth

Mikel San José

Ryan Crowther

Gerardo Bruna

Gary Mackay-Steven

David Amoo

Krisztián Németh

Dani Pacheco

András Simon

Edited by Macca74

Due to us being involved in a title race i can fully understand Spearing not getting a look in this season as whilst we all know Jay would never let anyone down and will always give 110% Rafa may feel he can not take the risk when every game is a must win match.

For what its worth i would have him involved in the subs certainly with a couple of games to go regardless of whether we are still in the title race as it would be reward for the lad.

Jay is 20 now and i would fully imagine he will be involved in the pre-season where hopefully he can continue to impress because last night he was immense and showed that he is a step up in quality then the majority of the players around him.

at last someone who talks sense and obviously watches football. I like yourself dave have been singing speos praises for years whilst most of these morons were following the crowd and rantin on about his height, the lad has class written all over him from his head 5 foot 7 and a half down to his feet if that greedy little twat paccechio or nemeth would have scored a hatrick last night we wouldnt have heard the last of it today. Its 12 months since Piss head Plessis played at arsenal and was gonna be the next best thing,and its bin the same for paccechio and Nemeth a few good games and WOW!.The 2 of them should be given thier own ball and told to go play on the next pitch they break down attack after attack time and time again and Abblet says fuck all

at last someone who talks sense and obviously watches football. I like yourself dave have been singing speos praises for years whilst most of these morons were following the crowd and rantin on about his height, the lad has class written all over him from his head 5 foot 7 and a half down to his feet if that greedy little twat paccechio or nemeth would have scored a hatrick last night we wouldnt have heard the last of it today. Its 12 months since Piss head Plessis played at arsenal and was gonna be the next best thing,and its bin the same for paccechio and Nemeth a few good games and WOW!.The 2 of them should be given thier own ball and told to go play on the next pitch they break down attack after attack time and time again and Abblet says fuck all

you dont have talk some shit in that post

Shite.

Nemeth comprehensively outshone Spearing last season and he's been injured for most of this.

Oh and learn to spell.

Is it me or is Nemeth vastly overrated?

Even when he was scoring goals last season I didn't think he looked that great.

You dont know much about football then.

He is not the only reason, but he is a major reason why the reserves finished first last season, and are bottom this year, when he has missed most of it

Shite.

Nemeth comprehensively outshone Spearing last season and he's been injured for most of this.

Oh and learn to spell.

i agree with your sentiment, but dont know about comprehensively outshining him.

Spearing was excellent last season too

I watched this last night and two thoughts occured. Firstly, how the fuck does Speo get a hat trick, ping inch perfect passes around all night, make a last ditch block and still lose? And second of all, I know it was only the ressies, but surely he's good enough for more first team appearances next season?

I watched this last night and two thoughts occured. Firstly, how the fuck does Speo get a hat trick, ping inch perfect passes around all night, make a last ditch block and still lose? And second of all, I know it was only the ressies, but surely he's good enough for more first team appearances next season?

The Bolton team that were put out last night contained plenty of players with Premier League experience but Jay was still the best player by a mile.

If he were to go out on loan next season then it needs to be a mid table Premier Leauge team and i think he would be superb for them.

Hopefully he will plenty of chances at Liverpool next season so he doesn't need to.

The Bolton team that were put out last night contained plenty of players with Premier League experience but Jay was still the best player by a mile.

If he were to go out on loan next season then it needs to be a mid table Premier Leauge team and i think he would be superb for them.

Hopefully he will plenty of chances at Liverpool next season so he doesn't need to.

I don't want to see him on loan; I want to see him play for us. He can deffo do a job - if not more. His composure, intelligence, decision-making and effort are all first class and he looks to have bags of technique too. I can't see him not making it, to be honest. He's clearly good enough to play in the top flight and I suspect he's the sort of player who will carry on improving to match the company he keeps.

Watched highlights of this game, and it seemed only Mendy played well defensively. I have criticised him as not good enough in the past, but that display was a vast improvement on what I have seen so far.

Nemeth is letting his head drop after missing chances. He needs to believe that if he misses one, another will be along soon. We have enough attacking ability to ensure this.

Both Bruna and Pacheco are infuriating with their one-footedness. Pacheco had a perfect opportunity to score if only he hit it left footed instead if dragging it back. Bruna had a moment where he ran across the box when he had 3 different options to pass to, if only he used his right foot.

Andras Simon is offering so little goal threat I don't think he will make it as a striker. He doesn't look like he has that instinct. Seems to be a less effective version of Heskey.