Quantcast
The Ultimate Beer Thread (No Carling allowed) - Page 59 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
ISeeRed

The Ultimate Beer Thread (No Carling allowed)

7 hours ago, cloggypop said:

Did you get any Köstritzer? 

Here's what I managed to get. I'll be scoring each one out of 10 with the lowest score I imagine around 9.7.

20200613_194504.jpg

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, S.i.t.M aka The Boring One™ said:

What's the ninja beer at the back with the green and yellow cap? 

It's another Ayinger. The blue label across the neck, plus the bottle of Ayinger you can see has the yellow portion on the very right side of the cap, you can see it if you look closely enough.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, paddyberger said:

http://bier-wein.de/landingpage

This a good site based in Germany and prices are decent. Take about 4-7 days to deliver to UK, although not used myself.

Was surprised how low the prices are, but when you come to make the purchase it shoots up. Extra 25 cents per can and 96 cents per bottle as deposit which you can return for a refund (postage paid for by you), then €6 per tray for packaging, then noticed the €24 delivery. Be decent for a large order though.

8 hours ago, Furmedge said:

Was surprised how low the prices are, but when you come to make the purchase it shoots up. Extra 25 cents per can and 96 cents per bottle as deposit which you can return for a refund (postage paid for by you), then €6 per tray for packaging, then noticed the €24 delivery. Be decent for a large order though.

Yes, a lot of the guys on the Facebook page I use for perfect draft use that site. If you bulk order it seems really good value. 

This might be of interest to some.

Large selection of kegs from uk distributor so no excessive shipping. Also, they do a lot of reasonably priced bundles. They’ve stopped selling individuals during covid, which is a shame as their stock is normally unmatched.

https://www.beerhawk.co.uk/perfect-draft-range/perfect-draft-kegs

• Upvote 1

Just now, Bruce Spanner said:

Yet. 

Once this nasty seasonal flu disappears it’ll go back to normal.

I meant the site Paddy linked to.  But I think for them it is standard practice sadly.

6 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

This might be of interest to some.

Large selection of kegs from uk distributor so no excessive shipping. Also, they do a lot of reasonably priced bundles. They’ve stopped selling individuals during covid, which is a shame as their stock is normally unmatched.

https://www.beerhawk.co.uk/perfect-draft-range/perfect-draft-kegs

They’re only for the Perfect Draft machine though aren’t they?

On 13/06/2020 at 09:49, Sugar Ape said:

I ordered the Belgian Beer one from Beerhawk the other day. Hoping to have it for the Derby. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

They’re only for the Perfect Draft machine though aren’t they?

Not sure, just got an email earlier just clicked and copied the link.

Some good options though.

27 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Not sure, just got an email earlier just clicked and copied the link.

Some good options though.

Yeah, they are. I love mine, very low maintenance.

My mate is a cracking home brewer, dropped me a load of his stuff the other evening. Just had his 6% pilsner with a curry. Out of this world.

Apparently he sent some to another brewer he knows to try, who is in the trade and admin of a nationwide brewing group, and the fella tagged him into a post on their Facebook page saying it’s the nicest pilsner he’s ever had.

I cleaned him out his last load of bottles too, jammily.

3 hours ago, Scooby Dudek said:

It's fine, nothing great but a nice intro, a little like Beer52.

You'd genuinely be better going to your nearest big Tesco and spending the same amount, you'd get better beer and more for your money.

If you want to try really good stuff try hoptimism/rad beer/indiebeer/beermoth/cloudwater/beer lab amongst others that do delivery. The beers are more expensive but you'll taste the difference and not regret it.

• Upvote 2

Signed up for a Beer52 special on a new work email last week. 

Opted for the light beers option and still got a stout in the box. The rest was fucking fruit tasting alcohol pop shit and the stout was the only drinkable beer in the case.