You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Ultimate Beer Thread (No Carling allowed)

ISeeRed

Done the same tonight as last time I posted. Black Wych > Pistonhead (small bottle) > Budweiser Budvar. Still got the Bud left and a bit of the Pistonhead, which is great for balance after the heaviness of the Black Wych (porter). Tonight though it's not new year's eve, and there's no fucking wine to screw the night up thankfully. Just got to make sure I watch the vodka and orange. Still most of the only one I've had left, might get one more later.

Completely failed to do that and ended up in a massive mess the next day. So did it again 2 days later and it was fine (I hadn't drank Black Wych and not ended up in a mess after, just wanted to do that basically.)

Am giving that combo a rest now I think.

• 3 weeks later...

Haha someone's embarrassed about that can of Tetley!

I was waiting for someone to pick up on that! My mate left 4 cans of Smiths and a Tetleys here and I gave his Smiths to my father in law for Christmas. He was fuming so I'm saving his Tetleys for the next time he's round!

• 2 weeks later...

Also, fully restocked beer shelves. Just crying out to be drank. Soon, baby. Soon.

BB3BEBB0-EB09-4A01-9233-E3B9D31EFA18_zps

Aww, look at the poor little Fruli's are stuck out on the end, feeling ostracised for being a shit insult to the very idea of actual beer. Don't feel too bad for them though, they may be left undrunk by anyone with tastebuds, but at least they have each other... unlike the Tetley's... the widgeted freak.

• 1 month later...

I'm living the dream in the world of beer these days. In my spare time I get to visit pubs and sample their beer and decide if I want to buy it to sell in our bar. We've just had a 4th wicket installed and our typical range consists of a permanent Blonde from Saltaire Brewery, a trad bitter and two top quality pales from local breweries, as much as possible.

Top sellers recently are Blackberry Cascade from Saltaire brewery which we started on a Thursday night and was gone by Friday night, Yankee from Roosters Brewery, a gorgeous hoppy pale ale, and White Rat from The Rat Brewery.

Craft bottles at the moment are Punk IPA, Dead Pony Club and Brooklyn Lager though we're about to put Hebden Wheat in the fridges and hopefully Fruli and Bacchus if I can get it at the right price.

SB_Fruit_Blackberry_Cascade11-e135306265

rooster-yankee.png

bb09e3d364380ddc4fd1e53ae9284f1e_320x320

little-valley-hebdens-wheat.jpg

• Upvote 6

I'm living the dream in the world of beer these days. In my spare time I get to visit pubs and sample their beer and decide if I want to buy it to sell in our bar. We've just had a 4th wicket installed and our typical range consists of a permanent Blonde from Saltaire Brewery, a trad bitter and two top quality pales from local breweries, as much as possible.

Top sellers recently are Blackberry Cascade from Saltaire brewery which we started on a Thursday night and was gone by Friday night, Yankee from Roosters Brewery, a gorgeous hoppy pale ale, and White Rat from The Rat Brewery.

Craft bottles at the moment are Punk IPA, Dead Pony Club and Brooklyn Lager though we're about to put Hebden Wheat in the fridges and hopefully Fruli and Bacchus if I can get it at the right price.

SB_Fruit_Blackberry_Cascade11-e135306265

rooster-yankee.png

bb09e3d364380ddc4fd1e53ae9284f1e_320x320

little-valley-hebdens-wheat.jpg

It must be difficult for you, if you need to employ a taster, im willing to step up.

Not sure where to put this but I was out at a family thing on Saturday night & one of my missus' uncles ordered a non-alcoholic lager, with a lemonade tops.

Now I'm far from a drink Nazi, very rarely do I even notice what anyone else is drinking but I nearly walked out the place in disgust, even the waiter looked like he was going to twat him.

Non-alcoholic lager tops, I've heard fucking everything now.

• Upvote 1

What do you fuckers call an Alster? Wiki says "Shandy"? (or some form of it)

Alsters are ace in the evening sun.

Where I am, it's generally called a 'lager tops' although I've heard people ordering it as a shandy.

The people ordering them tend to wear slacks, loafers, tank tops & giant stetsons & listen to Baby Jane era Rod Stewart.