You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Gillett and Hicks (ownership saga)

Antynwa

2 Points on Top with the Mancs having a game in hand.

:whistle:

Hand on heart if i told you at the start of the season we would be at this stage just two points off the mancs although they have a game in hand would you have taken it.

I would because i know there are a few twists to come yet before someone is crowned Champions.

Hand on heart if i told you at the start of the season we would be at this stage just two points off the mancs although they have a game in hand would you have taken it.

I would because i know there are a few twists to come yet before someone is crowned Champions.

Yep I would have.

That is without knowing the results, I you told me would draw against the aforementioned teams, and still be in with a very good shout of winning it. I'd laugh in your face.

I don't intend to bring this back up in May, nor do I want to, I want to be proven wrong in the feelings I have and the opinions I have on why this season is going tits up. I want us to win the league.

Yep I would have.

That is without knowing the results, I you told me would draw against the aforementioned teams, and still be in with a very good shout of winning it. I'd laugh in your face.

I don't intend to bring this back up in May, nor do I want to, I want to be proven wrong in the feelings I have and the opinions I have on why this season is going tits up. I want us to win the league.

"I don't intend to bring this back up in May, nor do I want to, I want to be proven wrong in the feelings I have and the opinions I have on why this season is going tits up."

You are writing as if you are showing a huge degree of foresight right now:

You are not:We are 7.4-1 to win the League on Betfair

The season has not gone "tits up" which would imply throwing away a great position

We have never been close to favourite & we have never traded properly lower than 3.5

We have only been ahead of the Mancs for under a week.

They never started badly but instead got their hard games out of the way early which the betting market understood.

And can you please explain how we can be more cautious than the Mancs but concede more, score similarly & be involved in more total goals in our games?

It isn't possible.

For me we are showing progression as the table shows you we are second and in with a shout of the title.

This is progression from the previous seasons under Rafa.

Now come next season if we are fighting for fourth place and well off the pace for the top then i can understand peoples feelings towards Rafa as this would show we are going backwards.

I honestly feel we are very close to something special.

We have a superb first team which only needs possibly the addition of a world class winger away from having a team that can go on a dominate for many a year and allow us to add to that quality much like the mancs do.

It would be crazy to potentially set ourselves back two or three years whilst a new manager comes in and brings in his own ideas and players.

For me we are showing progression as the table shows you we are second and in with a shout of the title.

Now come next season if we are fighting for fourth place and well off the pace for the top then i can understand peoples feelings towards Rafa as this would show we are going backwards.

We have a superb first team which only needs possibly the addition of a world class winger away from having a team that can go on a dominate for many a year and allow us to add to that quality much like the mancs do.

It would be crazy to potentially set ourselves back two or three years whilst a new manager comes in and brings in his own ideas and players.

agree with every word

With that in mind, do you not think a shorter contract extension may be wiser than the current one on offer?

Rafa has 18 months left on his contrct and i could fully understand if the board only offered a two year contract extension onto the current 18 months he has.

He won't accept that though will he?

The irony is all that protesting to save his job has made him untouchable with the owners, so now if we suddenly fall apart next season we'll have to fork out a huge amount to get rid.

He wanted a 4 year extension to 2014, they wanted to offer a 2 year extension to 2012. They met in the middle or at least thats the way I see it.

Christ on a bike.

When did the "must challenge for the league this season" goalposts get shifted to "must challenge for the league unless he starts well, in which case he must win the league. Oh, and play scintilating football. With a team entirely comprised of academy products. And never make a single substitution that every single fan doesn't disagree with. Or any decision for that matter. Ooh, and he has to solve the ownership issue without making any mention of it to the press. Else, RAFA OUT?"

Fucking douchebags everywhere.

It mattered when you thought you could use a quote from your hero as a stick to beat Rafa with, but quickly changed your tune when, yet again, you got shown up to be fucking imbecile.

"Sigh"

Don't get shown up by your kind and Mourinho's won more titles than Rafa so he can say what he likes, he talks the talk and walks the walk.

I wouldn't have accepted it as it is not a great position to be in really especially as we still have to go to Old Trafford.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
Don't get shown up by your kind and Mourinho's won more titles than Rafa so he can say what he likes, he talks the talk and walks the walk.

irony (FIGURATIVE SPEECH)

noun

a means of expression which suggests a different, usually humorous or angry, meaning for the words used:

Her voice heavy with irony, Simone said, "We're so pleased you were able to stay so long." (= Her voice made it obvious they were not pleased).

Seriously, jog on, you fucking retard

irony (FIGURATIVE SPEECH)

noun

a means of expression which suggests a different, usually humorous or angry, meaning for the words used:

Her voice heavy with irony, Simone said, "We're so pleased you were able to stay so long." (= Her voice made it obvious they were not pleased).

Seriously, jog on, you fucking retard

Sprint on you fucking spaz.

id like to see all of them out to be honest,im a fan of Rafa,but i dont think hes good enough to win the title,hes far too negative,his transfer record is far worse than houlliers

and him coming out in the press every week with some shite is not the liverpool way.

his rant will be remembered in years to come and used against him if we dont win the league,and at this moment in time i cant see us winning it as much as i hate to say it,

all season ive believed we would win it,but after last night i just cant see it happening,going on current form in 2 games time i can see us being in 4th!

Biggest load of shite ever posted on TLW.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
I've not used "ignore" on here for ages, but it's been put back in use again this weekend.

I love you too

Not that you'll see this message, mind

It proves that if you have not won the league in your first four seasons at a club, you probably never will do.

You could also say it proves that all really good amangers will win the league during their first four years at a club, like I said put out a list of what you nconsider to be the best 5 managers in the world and how long it has taken them to win the league with their clubs.

Edit- A bottle of Rijoa obviously influences your typing.

"It is not likely to be manager more than 4 years" :

List of English Football League managers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In Premier League: Gareth Southgate is no. 5 with 2 years 254 days. That says a lot!

Edited by BorizJeltzin