You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Gillett and Hicks (ownership saga)

Antynwa

The Chelsea fans complained about the style of play, ultimately it is what cost him his job, despite his record, every win feels like a defeat. As for fortune and the brave, Huth, now that was brave, on that occasion fortune didn't favour it, sort of blows that theory out the water. Kev Keegan will concur.

To then say 4 years is reasonable, not when you're team finished 2nd the year before and you have billions to spend.

I don't think they complained about the style of play and they were all gutted to see him leave, it was abramovich who made the decision to axe him one I am sure he regrets now as they will never find a replacement good enough unless he goes back there, I am hoping we get him first though to increase our chances of winning the league.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
He did say that but what does it matter, he asked for 4 seasons and did it in 1, now that he has left Chelsea Ferguson has it easy again as it seems no one else has the ability to topple him.

So your admitting that essentially, you talk shite?

I can remember when Mourinho was the manager and this place was not too bad then and many people agreed just refreshing it is to have Rafa as the manager of Liverpool as he acts with respect instead of Mourinho.

Do the members (great term as well) who want Mourinho rembering his antics of getting a ref to retire because he made up stories about Barcelona trying to pay off the ref.

His other claim when he said the ambulance took too long to arrive for Cech which was again proved to be made up bollocks.

His antics at 'shushing' the Liverpool fans after Chelsea had scored in the Carling Cup Final.

His total lack of respect at Porto and i think he did the same at Chelsea when he took off his winners medal and just threw it into the crowd.

Its a sad day when Liverpool fans, so self titled 'most knowledgable fans in the country' are wanting this disrespectful prick as the manager of the club yet we have a manager who is a proven winner already at the club and he is abused from pillar to post.

Mongs!

The point is you used that quote as a reason for telling us how wonderful Mourinho is, then someone shows you a quote where he contradicts himself by saying he can do it in four years with a team that has just finished 2nd and got to a CL semi. You then say 'what does it matter'

Your argument wascut like a hot knife through butter.

When Rafa took over we had just pushed Arsenal all the way to the title,coming a close 4th and only 30 points behind!

Oh yeah. We only finishede 37 points behind the next season.

Then nine points behind.

Since then? Backwards.

I can remember when Mourinho was the manager and this place was not too bad then and many people agreed just refreshing it is to have Rafa as the manager of Liverpool as he acts with respect instead of Mourinho.

Do the members (great term as well) who want Mourinho rembering his antics of getting a ref to retire because he made up stories about Barcelona trying to pay off the ref.

His other claim when he said the ambulance took too long to arrive for Cech which was again proved to be made up bollocks.

His antics at 'shushing' the Liverpool fans after Chelsea had scored in the Carling Cup Final.

His total lack of respect at Porto and i think he did the same at Chelsea when he took off his winners medal and just threw it into the crowd.

Its a sad day when Liverpool fans, so self titled 'most knowledgable fans in the country' are wanting this disrespectful prick as the manager of the club yet we have a manager who is a proven winner already at the club and he is abused from pillar to post.

I'm sure he retracted his comments, and apologised for them about what happend to Cech.

But when he ran down the touch line at the toilet oh, he was a 'legend' then? Besides, I wasn't really that arsed anyway.

If someone else had thrown their medal into the crowd we'd be calling them a legend.

Rafa ? 'Abused'?. Criticised mate, but not abused.

I liked his celebration at Old Trafford when Porto won there! :whistle:

Mongs!

The point is you used that quote as a reason for telling us how wonderful Mourinho is, then someone shows you a quote where he contradicts himself by saying he can do it in four years with a team that has just finished 2nd and got to a CL semi. You then say 'what does it matter'

If your going on about 'arguments' and how to make a water proof argument, then you have a point.

However, it's just crazy talk, he asked for four years, and he won it in his first.

Regardless whether you believe the 4 years was reasonable or not, he still won the league in his first season, which by the sounds of things, many would have expected him to do anyway.

They did complain about the style of play, there was no atmosphere there even though they'd won the league for the first time in how many years cos the footy was so shite. He wouldn't come here anyway so you may as well wish for a lemon slice in charge.

As for the fool who says 'what if you don't think Rafa will win the league' well, you don't have a crystal ball so you what you 'think' is irrelavent, I mean what if you think Vol Au Vonts taste better with vinegar, what if your arm bursts?

Mongs!

We could all pick quotes by managers and other ways they contradict themselves i.e Rafa praising some of the more shit players like kuyt and lucas when leaving others out for sub standard performances. At the end of the day it doesn't matter if a manager says I might need 4 seasons and then wins the title within one as they have won it within the 4 seasons they asked for.

He did say that but what does it matter, he asked for 4 seasons and did it in 1, now that he has left Chelsea Ferguson has it easy again as it seems no one else has the ability to topple him.

The Mancs had it easier in 2007 when Mourinho was here than in 2008 when he wasn't.

In 2008 the Chavs would have won the League if Grant had been in charge all season.

For us (& Rafa) things got a lot harder with Mourinho leaving as we actually lose an important SF against the Chavs as we didn't have Jose's ego giving us such an edge.

If your going on about 'arguments' and how to make a water proof argument, then you have a point.

However, it's just crazy talk, he asked for four years, and he won it in his first.

Regardless whether you believe the 4 years was reasonable or not, he still won the league in his first season, which by the sounds of things, many would have expected him to do anyway.

No I am not talking about watertight arguments, not even Mourinho, people are just responding to the point made, which was saying what a winner he is cos he would never ask for more than one season, he did. That was all.

Starting up a different conversation is something aside from that.

They did complain about the style of play, there was no atmosphere there even though they'd won the league for the first time in how many years cos the footy was so shite. He wouldn't come here anyway so you may as well wish for a lemon slice in charge.

As for the fool who says 'what if you don't think Rafa will win the league' well, you don't have a crystal ball so you what you 'think' is irrelavent, I mean what if you think Vol Au Vonts taste better with vinegar, what if your arm bursts?

In the same way that people think Benitez will win the league with Liverpool? Are they fools?

IMO What will stop Liverpool from winning the league, is the attitude of Rafa. We have a quality side, which underachieved last season, and perhaps will do again this season.

His ethos is wrong, his man management is suspect, and the point of the academy under Rafa, well there is none.

If Rafa hasn't changed his ethos in his time at Anfield, why would he go and change it next year?

Granted, his ethos has worked for us many a time, no doubt. But his decisions especially it has hampered us big time, and it will not change in 2, 4 or even a decade from now with Benitez.

Even if Rafa were to go, Mourinho isn't the answer. Its only the blind panic of 20 years and the Mancs closing in, that makes it seem like a good idea.

Nothing to do wtih his proven record then?

Even if people don't want Mourinho, who would actually be better then him?

The team finished 2nd the season before, he took them up a place, with massive spending and most the same first eleven and actually took them backwards in Europe.

No he didn't, because he finished at the same stage as Ranieri did the previous season.

(I think so anyway)

The team finished 2nd the season before, he took them up a place, with massive spending and most the same first eleven and actually took them backwards in Europe.

With the major improvements to the side of Cech & Robben already having their deals agreed by the previous regime.