You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Snooker UK Championship

Woo

Am I the only one watching it? Been quite eventful. Hendry, Doherty and Selby been knocked out in the first round.

Also, the whole match fixing scandal with Jamie Burnett, which I put down to him being shit, more than being a cheat. Although it was a really really dodgy miss.

And today, Ding just knocked in a class 147 against Higgins. Quality game with Higgins being 4-1 ahead currently.

Hendry and Doherty are not what they were. I quite fancy one of the chinese to make a real go at the world title this year. That Ding fella has the potential to be one of the stars of the future. I felt sorry for him when he played O'Sullivan that tie.( I think it was Ding anyway). Wherabouts is this being played Woo?

Hendry and Doherty are not what they were. I quite fancy one of the chinese to make a real go at the world title this year. That Ding fella has the potential to be one of the stars of the future. I felt sorry for him when he played O'Sullivan that tie.( I think it was Ding anyway). Wherabouts is this being played Woo?

In party central, also known as Telford.

Just got back swiched it on. Higgins must be on fire.

He's not played that well, only made two breaks over 50 even though he won the session 7-1. It was a strange session of snooker as either player was on top of their game, even though Ding got a 147, his break building after that wa really poor.

You've got a bit of a thing for Mr Hendry as I recall, Woo. You must be devastated.

Yeah I am Olly, but not suprised. He's simply not the player he was, but then again, nobody else was. I'm just glad he is still playing as I think he will definately be retired within the next five years.

My record against you in snooker is 100%. I'm thinking of tallying up an american pool score from January until May. It will be extremely close, going by our last few Riley's sessions.

Cain, you're shit at lying. :whistle:

Big bad Ronnie acting a tit again there. Getting beat by Joe Perry 6-5, and because he missed a red and is getting beat in the frame by about 20 points, smacks the white when walking away from the table and concedes the frame.

Big bad Ronnie acting a tit again there. Getting beat by Joe Perry 6-5, and because he missed a red and is getting beat in the frame by about 20 points, smacks the white when walking away from the table and concedes the frame.

Just showed it on bbc.

Got to love the guy. I know you won't though.

Haha classic commentary moment then! Willie Thorne noticed that the referee hadn't spotted the Pink correctly - it was slightly off the spot. The conversation went like this:

Willie Thorne - 'I don't think the referee's spotted the pink correctly, it looks out of line with the the blue and Black.'

*camera pans to being in line with the colours and proves Thorne to be correct*

John Virgo - 'Well spotted Willie!'

Thorne - 'Well I haven't got where I am today without spotting things like that John.....Where am I?'

Virgo - 'Telford'.

Haha classic commentary moment then! Willie Thorne noticed that the referee hadn't spotted the Pink correctly - it was slightly off the spot. The conversation went like this:

Willie Thorne - 'I don't think the referee's spotted the pink correctly, it looks out of line with the the blue and Black.'

*camera pans to being in line with the colours and proves Thorne to be correct*

John Virgo - 'Well spotted Willie!'

Thorne - 'Well I haven't got where I am today without spotting things like that John.....Where am I?'

Virgo - 'Telford'.

Brilliant.

I hate Willie Thorne though.