You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The use of Hillsborough to bolster the argument for Shields is really, really, really poor form. I'm not going to spend my afternoon arguing about it but if you can't see the difference between a systematic cover up of 96 Liverpool fans dying on a terrace at a football match is different to the flawed conviction of a Liverpool fan in Bulgaria, in a different country to any game and on a different day to any game, then I despair.

If SOS voted on this and are acting upon that vote then they do have a mandate.

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually you're wrong. My previous username was RedPower, which for some reason I think was banned by stealth, as I can still log in using it, but my posts do not appear visible to other users. And you never did answer any of my PM's asking why I had seemingly been banned by stealth.

So you're saying you didn't get a fair trial?..

The use of Hillsborough to bolster the argument for Shields is really, really, really poor form. I'm not going to spend my afternoon arguing about it but if you can't see the difference between a systematic cover up of 96 Liverpool fans dying on a terrace at a football match is different to the flawed conviction of a Liverpool fan in Bulgaria, in a different country to any game and on a different day to any game, then I despair.

The only person who mentioned Hillsborough was me in relation to the media and the shite they can spout. This was in response to Momo's Athens media point. Nothing to do with Michael Shields or his case???

Actually you're wrong. My previous username was RedPower, which for some reason I think was banned by stealth, as I can still log in using it, but my posts do not appear visible to other users. And you never did answer any of my PM's asking why I had seemingly been banned by stealth.

Yeah, RedPower, I remember. An absolute fucking dick, with a posting style just like Momo. In fact, one of Momo's aliases was ScousePower, so you can see why you got caught up in the Momo net. If you act like the biggest WUM on the forum, chances are you'll get confused with him.

As for me not replying to your pm's, well every time Momo was banned he'd send me some kind of message and I never replied to them either, so why would I have replied to yours?

Yeah, RedPower, I remember. An absolute fucking dick, with a posting style just like Momo. In fact, one of Momo's aliases was ScousePower, so you can see why you got caught up in the Momo net. If you act like the biggest WUM on the forum, chances are you'll get confused with him.

As for me not replying to your pm's, well every time Momo was banned he'd send me some kind of message and I never replied to them either, so why would I have replied to yours?

The only 'controversial' stuff I remember posting was about the Athens ticket allocation situation - controversial in the sense that my sentiments were counter to the general feeling on the forum at the time, and I may have queried the exclusiveness of TLW's Alonso to Arsenal story.

Everytime somebody goes against the grain then they are immediately labelled Momo, it's almost a reflex action from some people.

Which is why I didn't compare it. Do keep up.

So what was worse than what, when you said "worse than that" in your previous post regarding "a fair trial"?

Or was the use of the words "fair" and "trial" in a thread about a Liverpool fan who may not have received one, just happenstance?

The problem with smug, unfunny smartarses like you is that you always assume that everyone else is stupider than you.

I'm guilty of it too at times. But I'm funny.

And I also think that if you will insist on choosing battles this unwisely, you really should adopt a slightly different posting style, otherwise - quite rightly - lots of people will think you're a cunt.

So what was worse than what, when you said "worse than that" in your previous post regarding "a fair trial"?

Or was the use of the words "fair" and "trial" in a thread about a Liverpool fan who may not have received one, just happenstance?

The problem with smug, unfunny smartarses like you is that you always assume that everyone else is stupider than you.

I'm guilty of it too at times. But I'm funny.

And I also think that if you will insist on choosing battles this unwisely, you really should adopt a slightly different posting style, otherwise - quite rightly - lots of people will think you're a cunt.

If you pay close attention, you'll find that the poster 'rondeco' brought up the 'fair trial' phrase when he replied to one of my posts, and my reply was to his post.

I thought you were all against injustice, yet you would happily see me wrongfully imprisioned in a Bulgarian jail? And I would deserve this fate simply for putting forward an opinion on an internet website? I think you are becoming a bit unhinged.

Yes. It would seem to be a place for you to learn a valuable lesson. I'm not replying to any more of your mails as you are a complete cock.

Yes. It would seem to be a place for you to learn a valuable lesson. I'm not replying to any more of your mails as you are a complete cock.

It's a shame you're not going to reply because I'm intrigued to know what this 'valuble lesson' could be. Again, I think you're completely unhinged if you think people deserve to be wrongfully imprisioned for submitting opinions to an internet message board that you don't agree with. It just makes your calls for 'justice' completely laughable.

What do you mean "how convenient"?? So are you suggesting he didn't do it even though he confessed? Are you saying the Bulgarian authorities were right not to take his statement? Are you saying the fact Michael put himself forward to take a lie detector test (which he passed) is also not relevent? Every body (such as trials abroad etc) that takes an interest in cases such as Michaels have said the judgement from the Bulgarian authorities was unsound.

As someone pointed out earlier on this thread, with friends like you, we don't need enemies.

I really can't be fucked with arguing with you - you're clearly a twat of the highest order. I hope and pray one day you get put in a position that Michael is in now and people turn their backs on you, it would be no more than you deserve.

Christ on a bike, are you for real? Wishing that onto other people?

**Shakes head**

Totally agreed.

And while I respect anyone else's right to get involved with the case , I resent being told its some form of moral obligation.

The only 'controversial' stuff I remember posting was about the Athens ticket allocation situation - controversial in the sense that my sentiments were counter to the general feeling on the forum at the time, and I may have queried the exclusiveness of TLW's Alonso to Arsenal story.

Everytime somebody goes against the grain then they are immediately labelled Momo, it's almost a reflex action from some people.

You're an absolute whopper who only seems to post stuff in order to get a reaction from others. Look at your post history, virtually all of your posts have either been on Michael Shields, or accusing Carragher of only getting a place in the team because Rafa is scared that 'his mate Bascombe' will write nasty things if he drops him.

And the stuff you were posting about the ballot was fucking bollocks, posted with the sole intention of winding people up. You're a fucking wanker, either intentionally or unintentionally, and I don't want you on here, so bye.

some reds fans are real idiots.

The reason this is getting done is that this is a special case, you must be really thick to realise he has not been fitted up, just look at the programme that was on tv.

T if I get locked up on saturday for allegdley hitting a fulham fan., I would have a decent lawyer who would look at any evidence if I denied it.

That is why this is a special case , michael never had a fair trial,.

another reason it has to be done. Is on the 4th of december it is going before the high court.

This will also raise the profile and like the 6 minute justice chant at the Arsenalk game a few years ago it became national news this will do the same.

Lets put it this way if Michael would have been a holidaymaker on that evidence he would have been freed now!

NEXT TIME IT COULD BE YOU!

EVEN IF YOU HAVE YOURE DOUBTS ABOUT MICHAEL PLEASE SAVE YOUR ENERGY FOR THAT 3 MINUTES AND ASSIST THE LAD GET A FAIR TRIAL IF NOTHING ELSE.

It's far more simple than that. We look after our own. That's what we do - it's a concept that comes out of trust and loyalty with your mates and fellow fans. If I went to watch Liverpool and ended up locked up because of no other reason than I might originate from the same country as someone else, I would expect my mates and fellow reds to want to support and back me and bring me home. Michael deserves that much from the basic comradeship of being a red.

I'm loving the way you and all of the other true hardcore SOS supporters (That's how your trying to put yourself across to me anyway) are jumping on everybody's back because they don't fully agree with what SOS are doing here. Even some of your own members are questioning this action. Accept it that not everybody will agree and stop trying to ram it down their throats. This is another reason why I won't join up with SOS, as was pointed out they wouldn't do a protest during the match against the owners so what makes Michael Shields more important to the original cause. My understanding is that the group was started because of the owners and that the remit is to get the owners out. I see nothing that makes me want to join and a change in actions that will have a lot of their members disagreeing with this and possibly many more.

You also say we should stand by Michael Shields because he is a red. Sorry mate but that is a load of fucking shit. There are quite a number of reds banged up in prison's for serious crimes, but I suppose it's because they are 'guilty' that we don't start a campaign to get those guys out. Just because the media have jumped on this story does still not make him innocent just because he wasn't tried over here and that some sensationilist documentary was made to highlight his story. There is enough evidence to convict him as much as people say there is to say he is innocent.

I'm loving the way you and all of the other true hardcore SOS supporters (That's how your trying to put yourself across to me anyway) are jumping on everybody's back because they don't fully agree with what SOS are doing here. Even some of your own members are questioning this action. Accept it that not everybody will agree and stop trying to ram it down their throats. This is another reason why I won't join up with SOS, as was pointed out they wouldn't do a protest during the match against the owners so what makes Michael Shields more important to the original cause. My understanding is that the group was started because of the owners and that the remit is to get the owners out. I see nothing that makes me want to join and a change in actions that will have a lot of their members disagreeing with this and possibly many more.

You also say we should stand by Michael Shields because he is a red. Sorry mate but that is a load of fucking shit. There are quite a number of reds banged up in prison's for serious crimes, but I suppose it's because they are 'guilty' that we don't start a campaign to get those guys out. Just because the media have jumped on this story does still not make him innocent just because he wasn't tried over here and that some sensationilist documentary was made to highlight his story. There is enough evidence to convict him as much as people say there is to say he is innocent.

What is the evidence to convict him then? I would be willing to put a months wages on the fact that there is enough of a reasonable doubt to at least get the lad a fair trial. I seriously hope that if I ever get put on trial for something I didn't do some people on here aren't on the jury, somebody else confessed to the crime! How much more evidence do you need????

The reason why so many reds want to do something about protesting for this lad isn't because he is a red but because he is a red who got nicked and wrongfully imprisoned because he went to the game and got found in the wrong place at the wrong time, come on let's face it if you have a cunt like sankey staying next door to you that could happen to anyone of us.