You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

UFC and WWE aren't that different at all. Except UFC is 'real' and boring as shit, whereas WWE is choreographed and entertaining.

You list the UFC as 'real' like it's not real... It's a true bloodsport, a very competitive fighting institute.

And now for the Boring as shit... How is it boring? I can't even fathom someone calling it boring.

I can understand when someone says, "I don't like watching to submission guys" because that doesn't make sense to a lot of people who wouldn't understand what they are doing.

WWE to me, is ridiculously boring, because the 'event' means nothing. It's all pre-planned and silly, really.

The purpose there is to 'entertain' you but it doesn't entertain me because it is a meaningless faux-fight.

The storylines are recycled ad nauseum and poor to begin with...

Anywho, you can't compare the WWE to UFC because the WWE isn't fighting, at all.

Don't get me wrong, I know it's a very lucrative business and has millions and millions of fans worldwide, my lad's got all the Action Figures, Video Games and all other kinds of bullshit that you can buy, but my lad is 6 yrs old. What the fuck is the appeal to WWE for someone over 12 yrs old?

Do you know what i don't even know. But i just cant not watch it. I don't know why its one of them things. You just get addicted to but you cant help it. I really don't know why i like it. But i do. It might be because from as long as i can remember i have been watching it every week.

Do you know what i don't even know. But i just cant not watch it. I don't know why its one of them things. You just get addicted to but you cant help it. I really don't know why i like it. But i do. It might be because from as long as i can remember i have been watching it every week.

Well i don't know if you don't know.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Here, im a big pro wrestling fan but I have a lot of respect for the UFC as well. I've been following wrestling most of my life but quite frankly appreciate how ridiculous some people might find it. Personally, I think it's part of the appeal. It doesn't alter the appeal wrestling has for me no matter what people make of it on this board.

But, the way your denigrating a sport that some people may be as passionate about as you are about pro wrestling; I hope you remember that the next time you have a hissy fit the next time someone takes the piss of wrestling.

Also, your point about Brock Lesnar's victory being a victory for pro wrestling is ridiculous. Lesnar's background is primarily in amateur wrestling. He was involved in pro wrestling for only a small percentage of his athletic career.

It's like saying Michael Jordan's subsequent achievements in basketball were a victory for baseball after his foray into baseball in the nineties.

Why does the event in WWE mean nothing when you don't know the outcome?

It's just another weak argument used to take the piss of wrestling. I know Hans Gruber didn't really get fucked out of the Nakatomi building in Die Hard. Doesn't mean it's any less good of a show.

Why does the event in WWE mean nothing when you don't know the outcome?

Because its trying to create the illusion of a real fight and it follows the same pattern for drama.

One Wrestler is winning, then he is losing, then he's miraculously not tired/injured/etc, and winning again! rinse repeat...

I love the tag team matches cycle because undoubtably it'll involve both guys wailing on one guy who is stuck and can't get to his corner and they keep dragging him back, etc etc etc

Then out of some sheer force of will(hahaha) he manages to tag his partner who jumps into the ring and batters both guys with incredible vigour and wins the match! Ooohhh!!

The whole spectacle is cheapened beyond belief because it wants to be real. At the end, it was all staged in every way... which is inexcusable.

Trying to say that films should fall under this as well is silly because a film is there to tell a story, not to show you a fight, of course... there may be fights in that story.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea15p4hM_3M&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea15p4hM_3M&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Your UFC champion.

He liked it, he just couldn't hack it.

I don't think that's the case considering his attempts to play in the NFL, which is much more physically demanding, and then his switch to the UFC... which is MUCH more physically demanding than the WWE...

Considering you have to heal after your fights, and your training involves being hit, which means you usually fight at 80-90% instead of 100%.

Granted, the WWE tour can be difficult because it hits a lot of cities in quick succession but its nothing like professional sports/fighting.

I don't think that's the case considering his attempts to play in the NFL, which is much more physically demanding, and then his switch to the UFC... which is MUCH more physically demanding than the WWE...

Considering you have to heal after your fights, and your training involves being hit, which means you usually fight at 80-90% instead of 100%.

Granted, the WWE tour can be difficult because it hits a lot of cities in quick succession but its nothing like professional sports/fighting.

You have next to no time to heal in sports entertainment, its basically wrestle until you can afford to take time off or get injured. Some wrestlers are just lazy and don't work as hard on the tours cause they've made it, but most have to work their ass off. Lesnar just has to fight once every six months and train every other day.

Come on, Dirk... Brock is no more Champion on merit in UFC than he was in WWE. Dana White hotshotted him to the top of the card because he thought he could make big money for the company in exactly the same way Vince did.

If Vince says so then that is on merit. It's because he believes you can have the most entertaining matches, get over with the crowds and sell a shit load of tickets, PPV buys, TV ratings and merchandise. If you're the WWE Champ, then you're the champ.

If it were a meritocracy then this young rookie in MMA would have gradually made his way up the card, taking on tougher and tougher opponents before getting his shot at the title.

UFC and WWE aren't that different at all. Except UFC is 'real' and boring as shit, whereas WWE is choreographed and entertaining.

Oh no it isn't.....

Panto is so fake they have taking off your imaginary tshirt scenes.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nmia-CRJVOg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nmia-CRJVOg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

"Gawd damn, script says I should rip off my tshirt now.......Rahhhrrrrr"