You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Atletico report

dave u

Good read.

I totally agree that we have to make it easier for ourselves. If every match is a mountain to climb the players will be exhausted soon. That will especially apply for Gerrard who play a high energy game for 90 minutes when we are struggling

IMO a smart way of rotating/resting is having the big guns who need a rest on the bench and putting them on at 60-65 minutes if the match doesn`t go our way. Our squad has enough quality to cope if - let`s say - Gerrard, Alonso, Carra and Torres is on the bench, so there won`t be many times that the game is beyond winning after 60 minutes. Whiskey-nose use this tactics often and it usually pays off.

For instance, I would trust this attacking set-up against West Brom:

Mascherano

Pennant Babel

Yossi

Kuyt Keane

Midfield/attacking players on the bench: Riera, Gerrard, Alonso.

Maybe he was unsure about how much to acknowledge it? Could be that he didn't want to make too much of it because he didn't think it was THAT much of a big deal for the Liverpool-fans that he was returning?

Possibly. But his song was belted out really loudly during the first half, and he hadnt even warmed up at that point. I'm not saying he didn't appreciate it fully, he just looked like he didn't. Only Fowler has had a better welcome on his return in recent years.

Maybe he was just trying to be professional and loyal to his current team and not over-egg it?

It’d piss me off if one of our players was bowing down and shaking his willy or whatever at the away fans during or after one of our games.

Understandable that he may have been a bit sheepish.

I still love the little cunt.

The more games we come back from the dead in, the easier it'll get. Look at the mancs in their pomp. Teams would shit themselves more and more as the clock wore down because they had an impressive record of coming back from behind. The more times we do it, the more opponents will see it as an inevitability and hopefully, the more our players will as well.

It'd be nice to tonk someone though.

Yeah I saw him at full time, I thought that was half arsed too.

Dirk does more than that in every single home game. For someone who was going on about how much he couldn't wait to come back, I thought he had a funny way of showing it.

Lil’ Luis is in fact playing for Atletico now, not for us. If he was seen jumping up and down in front of the Kop embracing the supporters at row 1, how would you react to that if you were an Atletico fan?

It’s certainly something Lil’ Luis had to consider. It’s not just about showing us his appreciation, it’s also about not pissing off the fans of his new club.

I won’t hold this against him. I’m sure he appreciates the superb reception from the Anfield crowd.

Lil’ Luis is in fact playing for Atletico now, not for us. If he was seen jumping up and down in front of the Kop embracing the supporters at row 1, how would you react to that if you were an Atletico fan?

It’s certainly something Lil’ Luis had to consider. It’s not just about showing us his appreciation, it’s also about not pissing off the fans of his new club.

I won’t hold this against him. I’m sure he appreciates the superb reception from the Anfield crowd.

If Torres went back to Atletico and dived in the home end and started hugging their fans because they'd given him a great reception, I wouldn't hold it against him, so I don't see why Atletico fans would be arsed about him actually standing there in front of the Kop and milking his moment for a little while.

Luis' head was probably mixed up a bit. He was on the bench so he'd have been pissed. He'd have realised he's an Atleti player and probably didn't want to over do it and he had a hand in our goal so at the end he wouldn't have wanted to be too over the top.

Expected more of a love in too but i won't hold it against him, hes a leg.

If Torres went back to Atletico and dived in the home end and started hugging their fans because they'd given him a great reception, I wouldn't hold it against him, so I don't see why Atletico fans would be arsed about him actually standing there in front of the Kop and milking his moment for a little while.

All well and good but Little Luis is not Torres and never will be.:yes:

Luis' head was probably mixed up a bit. He was on the bench so he'd have been pissed. He'd have realised he's an Atleti player and probably didn't want to over do it and he had a hand in our goal so at the end he wouldn't have wanted to be too over the top.

Expected more of a love in too but i won't hold it against him, hes a leg.

You're probably right. I'm not holding it against him, I was just a bit disappointed as I'd been looking forward to his homecoming for ages and it was a bit of a damp squib in the end.