You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Momentum

coop

Here we are 4 games into the league with 3 victories and 1 draw and sitting pretty at the top.

We now have the opportunity to get a head of steam up by beating Stoke with all our big players picked to scare the life out of Stoke.

Zigackly made a great post in the match thread saying we don't need Kuyt's defensive duties so playing Reira and Babel on the left and right wing against Stoke but i have to admit i would be tempted to have Gerrard out right instead of Babel and bringing the Dutchman on in the second half much like today.

We have a huge squad now and although we have a tough game midweek we should have enough quality to beat them but i would rather rest players in the Champions League then i would the Premier League.

We had an opportunity last season to get a head of steam up but Rafa decided to rest players against Portsmouth but i feel this season he has learned his lesson and Stoke are there for the taking especially if we get an early goal and lets make the rest of the teams try and catch us.

I'd be very tempted to rest Gerrard and Torres for Stoke - and not for any reasons of rotation; just because I'd want to be certain of their full fitnes for the rest of the season. However, I doubt Rafa will act irresponsibly in that regard. Whether they play or not, we should certainly be expecting to twat them. There's the small matter of Tuesday to negotiate first though.

Lets just hope Rafa doesn't start fucking about with the team as he did last year for the birmingham and portsmouth games as the confidence the lads will now have could see us steel a march on some of our rivals. Great performance today and it was nice to see the shakles off and us having a real go at United, it brought its just rewards and two one flattered them, looking forward to seeing the goals again on match of the day!

I'd be very tempted to rest Gerrard and Torres for Stoke - and not for any reasons of rotation; just because I'd want to be certain of their full fitnes for the rest of the season. However, I doubt Rafa will act irresponsibly in that regard. Whether they play or not, we should certainly be expecting to twat them. There's the small matter of Tuesday to negotiate first though.

I'd start them til game over then let Babel and Yossi have some fun.

I would go with our strongest 11 against Stoke. Gerrard and Torres have had a rest today, there's no reason not to throw them right back in. We nearly have our strongest 11 available now so we should get the playing together and gelling asap. It'd be mad to make unnecessary changes this early in the season and lose our momentum.

They need match time to get match fit. I say play our strongest side and try to keep the morale of the squad as high as possible. Rest players against Crewe if needs be.

I'd like to see Torres against Marseille if he's ready. They'll be shitting their pants after what he did to them last time. Then maybe take him off after 70 mins and play him against Stoke as well.

I'd start them til game over then let Babel and Yossi have some fun.

Agreed. Much better to get the game won with the best side and then let the second string gain some confidence. We should beat them with today's starting side, but you never know, the 'lesser' players seems to lose direction if they don't score early on.

We need the same intensity against Stoke. I'm not kidding! They will be up for this, and it will be scandalous to treat the match lightly and fail to come away with all three points. Today was brilliant, but the shine will come right off it if we don't build on it.

Stoke will be like Standard Liege - but without the energy, the belief or the talent.

Stoke's motto is "Sometime's you've got to lose ugly."