You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Statement on .tv

dave u

we really are becoming a mickey mouse club when we resort to this shit. please fuck of G & H and give us our club back. midnight saturday and they think people aren't listening, get a grip, this is LFC, we always listen, always listen and alawys will. "Get out of our club, Liverpool Football Club its in the wrong hands"

Bit weird that that they chose to put this out at this time of night.

I thought the same too. May be the owners decided not to pursue with Barry, end of and thought us fans should be reminded that they have the final say. Funny how they use Parry to communicate messages to us fans.

Crazy statement, at a crazy time about a crazy transfer saga.

At the end of last season we desperately needed 2 wide players with pace who could get goals. As it stands we've spent nearly £30m and we're still in the same position with the Barry deal not looking like fulfilling these requirements

Rafa is surely going to go into meltdown if he isn't backed on a transfer he has spent the best part of 3 months trying to tie up and Parry has probably tried to strike first in getting their side of the story out first

I await Rafa's response. I could see him walking over this, especially if they turn round and say the money is there just not for Barry, you were going to pay too much

[hrIGHT][/hrIGHT]

Crazy statement, at a crazy time about a crazy transfer saga.

At the end of last season we desperately needed 2 wide players with pace who could get goals. As it stands we've spent nearly £30m and we're still in the same position with the Barry deal not looking like fulfilling these requirements

Rafa is surely going to go into meltdown if he isn't backed on a transfer he has spent the best part of 3 months trying to tie up and Parry has probably tried to strike first in getting their side of the story out first

I await Rafa's response. I could see him walking over this, especially if they turn round and say the money is there just not for Barry, you were going to pay too much

Totally agree on the wide players :whistle:

In an ideal world, the owners would back the manager and just sign the cheques etc but that's not how it works. I bet the likes of Fergie and Wenger have been over-ruled by their respective boards regarding potential targets - it's the whole conducting of business in the press which is fucking amateurish.

I don't have a problem with the owners disagreeing with Rafa, but they shouldn't be releasing statements about it.

The leaking of the Barry interest back in April/May has caused this problem. If we'd done everything behind the scenes and not in public, then the owners wouldn't have felt the need to come out and issue a statement.

In an ideal world, the owners would back the manager and just sign the cheques etc but that's not how it works. I bet the likes of Fergie and Wenger have been over-ruled by their respective boards regarding potential targets - it's the whole conducting of business in the press which is fucking amateurish.

I don't have a problem with the owners disagreeing with Rafa, but they shouldn't be releasing statements about it.

The leaking of the Barry interest back in April/May has caused this problem. If we'd done everything behind the scenes and not in public, then the owners wouldn't have felt the need to come out and issue a statement.

Yet again, you get it spot on.

Since when did we release statements about transfer targets, especially crying over the price.

It's the sort of shite that Kenwright would come out with