You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

David Ngog

StevieH

Your inability to differentiate between the words subjective and objective means your posts are always going to be hilarious, be they right or wrong.

edit: aww you caught it :whistle:

Shit and I thought it was a very clever pisstake of the forum know-it-alls. I was about to rep as well. You let me down, hammy.

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your inability to be even remotely objective, means your judgement is always going to be flawed, be it right or wrong.

I'm not sure what you want from me! maybe go back and have a look at previous posts of mine regarding Alonso and Pennant primarily. Just because I don't agree with your views on who is shit doesn't mean I am the fountain of positivity.

El Zhar is wank.

I'm not sure what you want from me! maybe go back and have a look at previous posts of mine regarding Alonso and Pennant primarily. Just because I don't agree with your views on who is shit doesn't mean I am the fountain of positivity.

El Zhar is wank.

I don't recall you ever being even remotely critical about anything. If you say you have been, then so be it.

You're right about El Zhar.

Edit: Actually that's bollocks. I have noticed you being critical, but only when its obvious the player is on his way out/Rafa doesn't like/want him anymore.

Personally if I was David I would hit the gym HARD this summer in Insua-esque fashion. Really bulken up and get some strength in his game, he has the frame to be a top center foward/target man.

His technique is quite inconsistent though sometimes he loses the ball by it getting stuck between his legs I call it Babel syndrome while on other occasions he does the flipflap and skins defenders by taking a delicious touch.

I would loan him out next season if we sign a forward I'm sure I read Hodgson rates him highly playing for a side like Fulham could be great experience for the lad and if he has a strong season he could add another dimension to our attack.

I don't recall you ever being even remotely critical about anything. If you say you have been, then so be it.

You're right about El Zhar.

Edit: Actually that's bollocks. I have noticed you being critical, but only when its obvious the player is on his way out/Rafa doesn't like/want him anymore.

well it's not easy picking fault with players like torres, gerrard, kuyt, reina, carragher and mascher....but maybe guided by your constant supervision I could lay into some of the others.

well it's not easy picking fault with players like torres, gerrard, kuyt, reina, carragher and mascher....but maybe guided by your constant supervision I could lay into some of the others.

You're being too defensive. Its the same thing when you attack anyone being vaguely critical.

I am not talking about slagging players off needlessly, just about being relatively objective sometimes. I am generally quite positive myself, but that doesn't have to mean you can't comment on the odd deficiency.

Anyway - didn't mean to derail the thread, so

N'Gog isn't good enough to make it at Liverpool long term

You're being too defensive. Its the same thing when you attack anyone being vaguely critical.

I am not talking about slagging players off needlessly, just about being relatively objective sometimes. I am generally quite positive myself, but that doesn't have to mean you can't comment on the odd deficiency.

It's a tough game this one though, the rules keep changing...my criticisms of Alonso don't count as Rafa could possibly be seeing him on his way, errrrm Riera is a bit of a pussy and needs to look like he's interested and grow some balls???

1) You have missed the point of my post.

2) Even if you hadn't, I'd rather not get into it with you. It wouldn't be worthwhile.

I have to admit I was suspicious about the fact that you were actually posting an opinion on a football matter.

Maybe it'd be worthwhile for me though. There's a queue of people telling us all N'Gog ain't gonna make it, yet none are willing to share the benefit of their omniscience. Selfish.

I think N’gog’s got a bit about him. He doesn’t look like he’ll ever be a really top class player of the Torres or Henry ilk. But he looks like he’s got a bit of everything, bit of pace, decent touch, eye for a goal and room for improvement. Could make it to Anelka type level I think, whether that will be with us or not who knows. Could be a couple of seasons of not playing much, back to the French league to score 20 odd then transfer to Lyon or something like that.

I doubt he will ever be on Anelka's level but he almost certainly can be better than he's shown so far. Confidence is his biggest lack in my opinion. If he had the confidence we could see whether he could bring his positive attributes together to make them into something.