You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

David Ngog

StevieH

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I made a point of watching the England U21 vs. France U21 match earlier, and I was impressed with N'Gog. Unlucky to not grab a couple of goals and basically looked like he was full of confidence. Good lad.

I watched it for the same reason AP & thought he led the line well & looked a threat. Made Mancienne & Onuoha look very ordinary.

England seemed pretty uninspired , which made me wonder why Darby & Spearing never get a sniff.

England U21 0-2 France U21

France celebrate after taking the lead against England

France took advantage of an England side hit by injuries and withdrawals

An under-strength England Under-21 side were outclassed by a classy France team at Nottingham Forest's City Ground.

France took the lead when the ball broke kindly to Gabriel Obertan and he fired into the bottom left corner from the edge of the box.

Moussa Sissoko doubled the visitors' advantage when he ran clean through and superbly dinked the ball over Joe Hart.

Liverpool's French striker David Ngog caused England all sorts of problems before he came off after an hour.

GoNgog!

I watched it for the same reason AP & thought he led the line well & looked a threat. Made Mancienne & Onuoha look very ordinary.

England seemed pretty uninspired , which made me wonder why Darby & Spearing never get a sniff.

Agree on all fronts - N'gog pulled the defence all over the shop and thw whole time I thought 'Why no Spearing and Darby? Who's that meff next to thicky Huddlestone and why that non-entity at right back?

England didn't have a defensive midfielder who could run! That's why Muamba got brought on for the second half and they looked much tighter.

I don't really rate N'gog as much as some others seem to do but I have seen some great strides in the last 4 months his touch is far more consistent and he isn't get barged all over the park anymore.

He will be a nice option for Carling Cup games and as a squad filler with some potential, I hope he puts on some muscle mass and gets a bigger frame as he certainly has shape and the height of a targetman. Rafa also seems to rate him which should buy him enough time I would personally IF we sign a striker loan him out next season to a Spanish or a Lower tier Premier League side so he can grow as a player and get some consistent games but as I said before if we don't we can always use him in cup games.

He has the potential its all in his hands now will he grasp it like Torres when a lot of people thought he would be a expensive flop or a highly rated player like Babel who has put his head in the sand and degressed?

Its all in your hands N'gog. I'm hoping for a Trezeguet though

I've never really understood all the N'gog hating. Young, inexperienced player who has to make a huge step up in class in a different league in front of 45,000 people and is somehow expected not to shit himself. I think he's done really well in the circumstances.

He's got potential. I'm not sure whether he's going to make it but he definitely won't if people don't get off his case.

I've never really understood all the N'gog hating. Young, inexperienced player who has to make a huge step up in class in a different league in front of 45,000 people and is somehow expected not to shit himself. I think he's done really well in the circumstances.

He's got potential. I'm not sure whether he's going to make it but he definitely won't if people don't get off his case.

I agree. Deserves to be supported as much as Spearing, Darby or anyone else in the squad. He obviously has potential and i would love to see him be a success here, could be a real bargain. Getting the support from the fans would be a big help to him making a career here.

Yesterday was an eye opener for me, I'd not seen Onuha(sp?) before, he was all over the shop. Seems like Man City specialize in bringing through physical specimens with 0 ability to read the game, position themselves properly etc. Is this Sturridge just another physical specimen?

Because Torres casts a dark shadow. Players don't get a chance these days from supporters, sad really. Good post as usual Aws.

It's on Setanta now if anyone wants to watch it. 13 mins gone. Ridiculous England team: a CB at RB (Cranie) and a CB at CM (Mancienne) Is it any wonder English football is in the shits when they let goons like Pearce, Wilkinson and Brooking make the decisions?