You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bascombe

Guest Kenny

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, and also to flush Gillett out of his hole and maybe get the fans to put some pressure on him to assure us he won't sell to Gillett.

I sincerely hope both of the turds are flushable, but I don't know if a tabloid article will do the trick, particularly when most fans don't read that particular one. If Tony Barrett takes his cue it would have more impact on the fans in my opinion.

Yes, and also to flush Gillett out of his hole and maybe get the fans to put some pressure on him to assure us he won't sell to Gillett.

gillett isn't going to do that and why should he? by all accounts he desparately wants out so why should he give a fuck WHO he sells to, once he has his money its not his problem anymore.

I think we still need to remain optimistic, Hicks doesnt hold all the aces here..

1. Gillett doesn't have to sell

2. Hicks doesnt have the wealth to buy the club outright, even if he liquidizes some of his assets that sort of thing doesn't happen quickly, and even then i don't think hes wealthy enough. Don't forget hes going to have to go to the banks again soon looking for £300 million plus for the new stadium, if he buys Gillett out all of that is on him, plus in less than 18 months time he needs to go to the banks again to refinance the loans they're taking out, hes just not wealthy enough to do all this on his own.

3. We have to remember as fans we hold the ultimate power on Hicks and we must use it if we think thats right. The only way to hurt him is to stop putting money into his pocket, he needs to know the fans will not support him, if that means games are boycotted so be it, he needs to understand that in the final analysis its us the fans that hold the power to make or break him, he can only milk this club if we as fans put money in his pocket.

He needs to be made aware of that.

Guest PaddyBerger15

The journo pigs on the Sunday Supplement are giving it the usual horseshit. He's bought 53 players, hasn't improved the team, Moyes is a better manager etc etc. I wonder how many of the 53 'opportunities to improve the first team' as Andy Dunne described them, were kids aged 16-18? Only about 70% I would imagine. Oh and apparently our best defence is Finnan, Carra, Sami and Riise...all Houllier players. Does anybody believe, all things being equal is our best back 4?

true but they (corinthians) aren't a world brand and I doubt their supporters have much money (that's an assumpion on my part).

Sport Club Corinthians Paulista is a Brazilian sports club, based in São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil, most known for its football team, is a traditional and popular Brazilian football club. As of 2007, Corinthians is estimated to have 30 million fans, making it the second most popular club in Brazil.[2]

Corinthians was founded in 1910 by a group of labourers - mainly of Portuguese, Italian and Spanish descent - hoping to create a popular club in the city of São Paulo to play against the elite clubs that already existed. They are named after the English amateur team Corinthians F.C., now Corinthian-Casuals.

The football team is one of the most successful in Brazil, having won the Brazilian Série A 4 times, the Brazilian Cup 2 times, the São Paulo State Championship 25 times, amongst other honours. Corinthians fans are widely knows as "Fiel", Portuguese for "faithful" or "loyal".

Sounds very similar to an English club that I could name who were also promised a new stadium by an American gentleman.

We have to remember as fans we hold the ultimate power on Hicks and we must use it if we think thats right. The only way to hurt him is to stop putting money into his pocket, he needs to know the fans will not support him, if that means games are boycotted so be it, he needs to understand that in the final analysis its us the fans that hold the power to make or break him, he can only milk this club if we as fans put money in his pocket.

He needs to be made aware of that.

Putting my cynical hat on, the problem is that current matchgoers boycotting the games will likely not mean that the stadium is empty. And I think most people know that. These American sports owners know that they have a guaranteed revenue stream from the fans, only long-term dire performances on the pitch will affect that. Take a look at the Mancs, their fans kicked off from the start yet they kept filling their stadium, they fucked off a load of season ticket holders by making them pay for cup tickets, yet they're still filling it with day-trippers. Only a long stay in mid-table or worse would hurt them.

Sport Club Corinthians Paulista is a Brazilian sports club, based in São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil, most known for its football team, is a traditional and popular Brazilian football club. As of 2007, Corinthians is estimated to have 30 million fans, making it the second most popular club in Brazil.[2]

Corinthians was founded in 1910 by a group of labourers - mainly of Portuguese, Italian and Spanish descent - hoping to create a popular club in the city of São Paulo to play against the elite clubs that already existed. They are named after the English amateur team Corinthians F.C., now Corinthian-Casuals.

The football team is one of the most successful in Brazil, having won the Brazilian Série A 4 times, the Brazilian Cup 2 times, the São Paulo State Championship 25 times, amongst other honours. Corinthians fans are widely knows as "Fiel", Portuguese for "faithful" or "loyal".

Sounds very similar to an English club that I could name who were also promised a new stadium by an American gentleman.

gulp:(

still, I don't see how hicks can make a profit (which is his ultimate aim surely?) with the stadium

Putting my cynical hat on, the problem is that current matchgoers boycotting the games will likely not mean that the stadium is empty. And I think most people know that. These American sports owners know that they have a guaranteed revenue stream from the fans, only long-term dire performances on the pitch will affect that. Take a look at the Mancs, their fans kicked off from the start yet they kept filling their stadium, they fucked off a load of season ticket holders by making them pay for cup tickets, yet they're still filling it with day-trippers. Only a long stay in mid-table or worse would hurt them.

That may be true but it doesnt change the fact that we as fans hold the power to break Hicks. I agree the vast majority of fans probably don't fully understand the situation which is why its important that those that do tries their best to educate them.

If we can get a boycott of say 10,000 that will hit Hicks in the pocket.

highest attendence in the old 2nd divension when relagated

Guest Kenny
Agree to an extent but Gillette is the key man for me.

If, as some reports suggest, he is genuinely distraught at how things have turned out and wants to make things right, he could eventually become our saviour. All he has to do is refuse to sell to Hicks. I know cuntface has first refusal but that doesn't mean he is obligated to sell to him does it?

If he agrees to sell to DIC at a certain price then Hicks has to match that, if he can't than DIC get in. Happy days. But if he does can Gillette not just then decide not to sell so as to send him a message that he's not prepared to do buisness with him at any price? If so this could put the squeeze on Hicks and he may decide that walking away with a tidy profit is his best option.

Not sure whether this could work legally as I haven't got a clue on stuff like that, but it seems to me to be our best hope.

This of course all relies on Gillette wanting to do what's best for Liverpool rather than himself, which could be where it all go's to shit!

This is the key to me, it depends on what the agreement between Hicks and GG was when they bought the club, if GG can sell to Whoever he wants after a certain amount of days or if Hicks can match the DIC offer then DIC will get in, its been suggested that Hicks can buy GG shares for less then dIC are offering if a price was agreed before hand.

highest attendence in the old 2nd divension when relagated

Just proves my point, but that was before they fucked off their season ticket holders. A couple of weeks ago they were still advertising season tickets. For a club like the Mancs, that's a fucking disgrace. The hard core stuck with them last time they dropped, I don't know if the neu fans would.

And still that cunt moores wont make a statement,hicks is a buisnessman and was gona milk the club for everything he could thats how he has made his fortune moores knew this parry knew this but they still sold us down the river, its these 2 cunts that should be getting the abuse on matchdays not hicks who has got this abuse and its like water of a ducks back to the yank before from rangers and stars fans, so we're wasting our time given him shit as much as i hate the yankie prick he's not gona care.

And still that cunt moores wont make a statement,hicks is a buisnessman and was gona milk the club for everything he could thats how he has made his fortune moores knew this parry knew this but they still sold us down the river, its these 2 cunts that should be getting the abuse on matchdays not hicks who has got this abuse and its like water of a ducks back to the yank before from rangers and stars fans, so we're wasting our time given him shit as much as i hate the yankie prick he's not gona care.

I don't see how it helps in the short term to abuse Moores and Parry, they know they fucked up and they are actually doing something to block the two liars in the boardroom. Although you may not believe it, we would be worse off without them. Fight the battles which will gain you ground first. If we get rid of the yanks and Parry and Moores are still at the club, then maybe.

I don't see how it helps in the short term to abuse Moores and Parry, they know they fucked up and they are actually doing something to block the two liars in the boardroom. Although you may not believe it, we would be worse off without them. Fight the battles which will gain you ground first. If we get rid of the yanks and Parry and Moores are still at the club, then maybe.

What are they doing, Parry was giving it loads the other day about how great the owners are after the maschereno deal, moores has'nt made a statement in 6 months of any kind,hes a coward.

What are they doing, Parry was giving it loads the other day about how great the owners are after the maschereno deal, moores has'nt made a statement in 6 months of any kind,hes a coward.

For one thing they blocked them from putting the full debt on the club. One statement in the press from either of them and they are history. Think on it.