You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What this forum needs is a whingeing thread

Remmie

I can't delete you, I may need you for scientific experiments in the future. And since you're never on MSN anymore then how would I find you?

Ah indeed - I do hope you sorted out your curl stuff.

I am generally on msn but am appearing offline as the old trick of appearing "busy" (when I actually am "busy") no longer works, and instead appears to be an invitation for everyone to message me saying "Don't you hate it when you are busy and people send you messages?"

I would now like to whinge about rain in particular the effect that rain has on hair gel. It should be banned.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why? Actually you answered later on, but I'd pressed that multiquote button and wasn't going to waste the effort.

Mrs rr is now a student nurse and she's seen her fair share of lazy nurses, but they've not got time to be lazy that often. One sister who's on will happily sit back in her office chilling as patients are falling out of bed making animal noises, even though the staffing levels are unbelievably low. But the majority work their arses off.

She's not actually supposed to be counted by the ward when they do their numbers for shifts, she's there as either a bonus or a hinderence on each placement, depending on how much of a quick learner she is. Yet she found herself having to run mini-wards of 6-8 people on her own. She put her back out because she was trying to deal with a difficult patient on her own who needed to be moved, she had three days off because she could hardly walk, and went back in when it was still really sore. She had to then catch those days up, working long shifts or extra days. On one of the catch-up days she came down with the shits, from a bug on the ward, and had to have another day off, which meant more catching up to do. One week she did something like a 52 hour week. She's not getting paid as such either, a crappy bursary and a student loan.

She's actually gone out and bought soap so she can wash patients, because there's none on the ward and nobody seems able to kick the arse of the department that never sends it to the ward even though they've ordered it. She brought some clothes home last night to wash for one patient, she'd tried washing them in a crappy washing machine they had at the hospital, but they'd had tea spilled on them and the washing machine there wouldn't work. She goes off and buys a paper for some patients, who are bored off their trolleys, and doesn't always get the money back.

She's in her first year, having started at the end of September, and on her second placement, which they do in blocks of seven weeks usually. She gives injections, checks blood levels, had to do emergency stuff for someone going into a hypo / coma one time because them being so short-staffed she didn't have time to wait for the one registered nurse on duty to come from the other end of the area. She's done pretty much everything the qualified nurses do, out of necessity, other than actually signing certain documents. In those cases the qualified nurse signs for what she's done.

She can do a 12-hour shift, leaving the house at 6.30am and getting home at 8.00pm and the only break she gets sometimes is 10 minutes at 6.45pm, half an hour before she's due home.

She's also got to do her degree alongside this, which means she goes to uni when she's not on hospital placements, for four and a half days a week, 9-4.30, with the one afternoon off meant to be spent studying. When she gets home she's work to do, and more at weekends.

What really pisses me off is that she's perfect for nursing, in that she's got this instinct for caring in a way I know I can't do for anyone but my own, yet she's constantly demoralised by some of the petty shit she's got to deal with. She's helped diagnose illness for people's kids in the past, before she even started nursing, because she soaks it all up like a sponge. She hears the symptoms and before you know it she's telling them the name of what she thinks it might be, and how it's usually treated. They go to their doctors, the kid gets cured or at least treated.

If an elderly patient is lying there having shit themselves due to their soft diet and daily laxatives, she'll not leave them no matter how busy or tired she is, or if she's alone and really could do with a hand lifting them. She'll clean them up. The attitude of some is that there's no hurry, wait until someone else is around, or even do nothing and wait until a care assistant comes in and get them to do it.

She can't do this. She can't leave people suffering like that. So she goes out of her way to sort them out. But a lot of nurses don't take that approach. They just leave them, work to rule effectively. They don't actually care, it's just a job to them.

Maybe it'll wear off one day and she'll be as bad as some of the others, but I doubt it. She's learning more and more how to deal with the deaths of patients and although it still upsets her it doesn't send her crazy. She feels happier knowing that she did all she could for them before they passed away.

They should be going out of their way to keep the ones like Mrs RR happy, but instead they've got to appease the lazy ones, the ones who work to rule and grumble about everything.

I could go on all day. I'd best not.

I was going to post about old people driving. Driving at 20mph in a 40mph zone, stopping on the left of the road indicating right, not indicating at all on a roundabout, going 35mph on the East Lancs, watching lights change all the way to green before putting the car slowly into gear taking the brake off and fucking off - slowly.

But I won't.

Cracking post. It's shocking though, really terrible. I think my rage has shifted from Nurses to the NHS itself. And lazy nurses of course.

Picking up on Madstock's point - men who wear hair gel. WTF?!

They're invariably uppity little wankers who think that having spikey hair makes them God's gift

Also, using hair products apart from shampoo should be strictly for girls

To be fair I am an uppity little wanker, and I know that I am God's gift regardless of my hairstyle.

Picking up on Madstock's point - men who wear hair gel. WTF?!

They're invariably uppity little wankers who think that having spikey hair makes them God's gift

Also, using hair products apart from shampoo should be strictly for girls

I put wax in every day otherwise my hair is floppy and poo.

Another one.

Fucking cunts taking ages at a cash point. You just know the dumb bitch will wait until her turn to get to the cash point, then rifle through her massive handbag looking for her cash card instead of doing so in the queue. Then she will choose every option available to her extremely slowly and use another 2 cards to do the same thing.

I take 30 seconds at the maximum if it is a fuckwitted slow machine

Never been struck behind a dumb bitch, usually it's some dumb cunt of a prick who can fucking read!!!

Never been struck behind a dumb bitch, usually it's some dumb cunt of a prick who can fucking read!!!
You go girlfriend!

Come on- you really wait longer for men? Are they getting shit out their man bags or something? I bet I've waited much longer for women then you have for men (at cash points).

Hen Parties at airports in the early morning.

Its 5.30am, you have just checked in for your flight and its still the middle of the night. Then you see them, a bunch of girls with matching tshirts with their names on the front ( Twat 1, Twat 2 etc etc) then on the back they have "***** Hen Party Amsterdam 2008".

And they all shriek at the tops of their voices, they all laugh exaggeratedly, and they block up the check ins and security whilst they stand around pissing everybody off, and they are always looking round as if to say "Look at us, arent we wacky?".

No you arent. Its early, I'm tired. You are tedious and boring. Get on another plane please.

But they get on yours, and it gets worse. Much worse, because its the same in an enclosed space.

awful

Excellent whinge, which I wish I had thought of.

You go girlfriend!

Come on- you really wait longer for men? Are they getting shit out their man bags or something? I bet I've waited much longer for women then you have for men (at cash points).

No men don't read what's on the screen like the other day, This dozy fuckwit of an oik, put his card in it came up on the screen THIS CARD IS INVALID so instead of using another card or fucking off NO soppy bollocks had to keep shoving his card in the ATM everytime he did it the same message came up :wallbutt: when it was pointed out to him he got a strop on & said I can fucking read (so what part of it didn't you understand you waste of sprem??) he did move out the way eventually so I could get to the ATM, had the last laugh though I had the last of the cash from the machine! & took great pleasure in telling the shithead so (6).

Arseholes who don't tell you there no cash in the ATM after you have spend 15mins in the bloody queue!!!

Where to start?

- Utterly shit TV programmes...on the whole, "reality" bollocks

- Related to this, ITV...how shit is this channel?

- Ordering a rare steak and it turns up cremated

- Jobsworh twats and a complete lack of customer service/discretion when I spend a fortune with them, whoever the company/organisation may be

- International footy tournaments (when England have qualified) and know-nothing fuckwits who come out the woodwoork

- Clueless LFC "supporting" daytripping wankers

- Traffic jams

- Related to this, being late...I fucking hate being late.

- People who are late

I need to take a deep breath and count to 10 now. There'll be more to follow later, I daresay.

Anyone who asks me for money with some kind of 'story' attached.

I've (rarely) been known to give dosh to a casualy beggar if they're just sat in a corner asking "spare change?", and I always give some cash to banjo man - the old fella who plays the cardboard banjo, but it really gets on my tits when they come up to you with "sorry to bother you mate but..."

"I lost me wallet/got mugged and..."

"Need 10p for a phonecall"

"Need 20p for a train" A FUCKING TRAIN!!!

I remember some Irish gobshite a few years ago trying to spin me a yarn about how him and his bird had been beaten up by some 'black lads' in Mathew Street, and how he needed money for a plane ticket to Belfast.

He was going on about how much he loved scousers and what a great city it was, as if that was gonna make me go 'Ahhhh here you go mate, have all my fucking cash, I wouldn't want to spoil your impression of my fair city!'

Just told him I was a student and was skint, but then walked straight into HMV.

"Not gorr any fivers love."

Three times in as many days. Fucking criminal, pound coins all over the shop.

Reason for that is because dumb fucks insisited on changing up £50/£20 for a packet of gum/ crisps!!!, so any till could start off with £100 in fivers & an hour later none!!!

Reason for that is because dumb fucks insisited on changing up £50/£20 for a packet of gum/ crisps!!!, so any till could start off with £100 in fivers & an hour later none!!!

That's another thing that gets right up my nose as well. And people who pay on their cards for £2.30 purchases. If it's at a self scan till at a supermarket, fine. Other than that, fuck right off. :telloff:

Anyone who asks me for money with some kind of 'story' attached.

I've (rarely) been known to give dosh to a casualy beggar if they're just sat in a corner asking "spare change?", and I always give some cash to banjo man - the old fella who plays the cardboard banjo, but it really gets on my tits when they come up to you with "sorry to bother you mate but..."

"I lost me wallet/got mugged and..."

"Need 10p for a phonecall"

"Need 20p for a train" A FUCKING TRAIN!!!

I remember some Irish gobshite a few years ago trying to spin me a yarn about how him and his bird had been beaten up by some 'black lads' in Mathew Street, and how he needed money for a plane ticket to Belfast.

He was going on about how much he loved scousers and what a great city it was, as if that was gonna make me go 'Ahhhh here you go mate, have all my fucking cash, I wouldn't want to spoil your impression of my fair city!'

Just told him I was a student and was skint, but then walked straight into HMV.

There's always a couple of lurkers in the alleyway from Exchange Flags to Tithebarn street with a "story" attached as to how they need £1.20 for a can of Tea (Special Brew), they tried to blag Ibrahimovic and Crespo the other week for cash, they just looked bewildered. When I lived in Cambridge some lurker was always hanging around the Lion Yard shopping centre moaning out oud that people were blanking him. I gave him £1.20 for a cup of tea but asked him if it was for special brew - he said no, I told him i'd give him another £1.20 if he admitted it was for Specila Brew, he said yes so i gave it to him for his honesty. Then he goes "Fucking scouse cunt, bet you'll rob my shoelaces when i'm asleep" and legged it. Twat.

There's always a couple of lurkers in the alleyway from Exchange Flags to Tithebarn street with a "story" attached as to how they need £1.20 for a can of Tea (Special Brew), they tried to blag Ibrahimovic and Crespo the other week for cash, they just looked bewildered. When I lived in Cambridge some lurker was always hanging around the Lion Yard shopping centre moaning out oud that people were blanking him. I gave him £1.20 for a cup of tea but asked him if it was for special brew - he said no, I told him i'd give him another £1.20 if he admitted it was for Specila Brew, he said yes so i gave it to him for his honesty. Then he goes "Fucking scouse cunt, bet you'll rob my shoelaces when i'm asleep" and legged it. Twat.

Haha what a cunt! Hand on heart, if he'd said that to me I'd have made a point of hunting him down and mugging him! I swear to god!

I learned my lesson when I was about 15, I was helping my old fella out with a carboot sale on a market in St Helens (in the multi storrie capark) and there was a beggar who used to sit on the causway between there and the nearby supermarket.

Instead of giving him cash I bought him a brew and he goes "that got sugar in?" I went "er no..." he goes "Don't want it then"

Being a tit I went back and got him two sugars, then gave it to him.

My old fella's mate said I should have filled it with sugar until it was thick like hot treacle, and then thrown it on his face. He was probably right.

I never give anything to beggars, ever. Scrounging bastards.

People with clipboards. Someone tried to stop me on my way to the Post Office at dinner today by saying "Excuse me, do you drink coffee, can I talk to you about coffee?". "In this weather, errr no thanks."

Haha what a cunt! Hand on heart, if he'd said that to me I'd have made a point of hunting him down and mugging him! I swear to god!

I learned my lesson when I was about 15, I was helping my old fella out with a carboot sale on a market in St Helens (in the multi storrie capark) and there was a beggar who used to sit on the causway between there and the nearby supermarket.

Instead of giving him cash I bought him a brew and he goes "that got sugar in?" I went "er no..." he goes "Don't want it then"

Being a tit I went back and got him two sugars, then gave it to him.

My old fella's mate said I should have filled it with sugar until it was thick like hot treacle, and then thrown it on his face. He was probably right.

I would have legged it after the twat but i was too bladdered, someone threw ale all over him the week after and it was quite funny after he had given some birds a bit of backchat.

I never give anything to beggars, ever. Scrounging bastards.

People with clipboards. Someone tried to stop me on my way to the Post Office at dinner today by saying "Excuse me, do you drink coffee, can I talk to you about coffee?". "In this weather, errr no thanks."

"Can I talk to you about the lord?"

"At me. Can you talk at me about the lord? No, you can't"

TV Quiz shows . In particular who want's to be a millionarre .

Just answer the fuckin questions .

"errm I do not think it is A because .... It could be B . breathes out ,rubs hair ..I know it is not C but it could be ..ANSWER THE FUCKIN QUESTION AND FUCK OFF.

Lads who walk with arms out

People in gym who gather in groups and just talk.

People who get pissed off with you because the answer you give them to their question is not the one they wanted to hear

Having to pay £3.50 for a bottle of beer

People who really love themselves

This may be controversial but I hate Nurses. They're always moaning about how much money they don't get but when you actually go into hospital (and I'm generally talking A&E here) they do fuck all. FUCK ALL. I've been to A&E a few times and on every single occasion it's the same. You go in, get told there's a 4 hour wait "at least" and then you procede to sit around watching the Nurses do fuck all, apart from talk about last nights Corrie, pick their arses and stroke each others hair.

There wouldn't be a 4 hour wait if they actually did some work, the lazy fuckers. No matter how much money the government throws at the NHS, it'll still be shit whilst these lazy fuckers sit around doing fuck all.

Don't get me wrong, the work they actually do is immense, it's just that they don't fucking do enough of it.

This is comedy gold.