You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

45 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Poor Things

A wild ride, Emma Stone is fantastic as naive Bella Baxter, setting forth to experience life away from her "God" Willem Dafoe.

I won't spoil it for you but Poor Things is out there, graphic and very funny.

8/10

Watched it myself earlier today. Absolutely bonkers but wonderfully creative and quirky without ever feeling pretentious. A bit too much shagging though. I'd rate it 7.8/10.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Poor Things

A wild ride, Emma Stone is fantastic as naive Bella Baxter, setting forth to experience life away from her "God" Willem Dafoe.

I won't spoil it for you but Poor Things is out there, graphic and very funny.

8/10

I just watched this tonight. It's nuts. 

I just watched Poor Things, they done a really good job of creating the World I pictured when I read the book. I felt a slight lean towards feminism, which isn't really prevalent in the original story but par for the course now.

Enjoyed it, 7/10

Anyone who liked it should give the book a go.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Harry's Lad said:

Spaceman.

Could only bear it for 20 minutes so wouldn't have a clue if it got any better. I doubt it though. Utter shite from what I saw.

1 weird spidery thing /10.

Just finished it now. I'm in agreement, very dull.

4/10

On 22/10/2021 at 14:36, TD_LFC said:

Dune - good but unsatisfying.

Typical Denis Villeneuve so if you're not a fan of amazing cinematography, lots of dialogue and slow pace scenes it's not going to be for you.

The fact both parts were not filmed at the same time and, as far as I'm aware, the second part hasn't started filming makes me worry that we might never see it.

6/10 (for now).

We saw it, 9 out of 10 for part two and part one gets a bump to a 7.5.

19 hours ago, Elite said:

Watched it myself earlier today. Absolutely bonkers but wonderfully creative and quirky without ever feeling pretentious. A bit too much shagging though. I'd rate it 7.8/10.

Does Emma get them out? Asking for science purposes 

33 minutes ago, Red74 said:

Does Emma get them out? Asking for science purposes 

She spends half the film with her tits out and her fanny makes the odd appearance too.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Her voice does my head in 

In this film or real life? 

I’ve gotta admit I love her voice, that lisp does it for me. 

nb. Not all speech impediments are the same 

35 minutes ago, Red74 said:

In this film or real life? 

I’ve gotta admit I love her voice, that lisp does it for me. 

nb. Not all speech impediments are the same 

In real life. I think it does anyway. She sounds exactly as she does in Superbad. 

36 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

In real life. I think it does anyway. She sounds exactly as she does in Superbad. 

Dont get me wrong. 

if she started saying things to me like thtick it up me arth or thpunk on me tithts then I’d have to reconthider my opthionth

you know what, I think this has unlocked a copping off dark memory I’ve locked away for over 30 years 

• Upvote 2

Ferrari 

6.5/10 

I honestly don’t know what it’s missing but it’s missing something. Maybe latter day Ferrari racing and focuses more on his love life than needed but I guess that early stuff shaped him. The crash scene near the end is brutal. 

2 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Same scenario.

I thought Poor Things was a better, more rounded film.

Haven’t seen Poor Things yet. Just wondered if you’d seen another recent weird film. I thought Saltburn was very good to be fair 

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Haven’t seen Poor Things yet. Just wondered if you’d seen another recent weird film. I thought Saltburn was very good to be fair 

Dafoe’s Scottish accent > Keoghan’s scouse accent. 

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Mook said:

Has Emma Stone even got a lisp? I've never noticed it.

She's got a mad voice like but I find it quite endearing.

Used to be really noticeable when she started making it big. Haven’t seen her in much recently though so might have calmed it down. 

(Dont know if you’re taking the piss here) 

16 minutes ago, Red74 said:

Used to be really noticeable when she started making it big. Haven’t seen her in much recently though so might have calmed it down. 

(Dont know if you’re taking the piss here) 

Nah, I've seen her in loads of films from Superbad to Poor Things & genuinely never noticed a lisp.

6 minutes ago, Mook said:

Nah, I've seen her in loads of films from Superbad to Poor Things & genuinely never noticed a lisp.

She’s definitely got one in Superbad. Her voice is definitely annoying in it. It’s like a really posh American accent. No wonder he nutted her 

Great film by the way, funniest American one with Airplane for me.