You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Manchester City V Liverpool

Rashid

I hope we go there and attack city but I doubt we will.

Rafa will have noted their talented players, their home record and their attacking play this season and will probably want to play it safe and avoid defeat.

I'd hate that as I don't think we should aim for that at any ground barring the top 3 away.

We will have had a days extra rest than them and we have Gerrard and Torres on fire, there no reason to fear them so lets go for a win and really have a go.

Team:

Reina

Arbeloa Carragher Agger Riise

Benayoun Mascherano Alonso Kewell

Gerrard

Torres

I have a 5 man midfield as I think the other strikers bar Torres are a waste of space at the moment and I'd prefer Gerrard in behind.

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the 5 man midfield could work a treat but the key for me is going to be the individaul battles of finns or albert v petrov and mascherano v elano - if they win these (which i think they will) then we'll win the game. Be interesting to see how dunne copes with nando's pace on one of the biggest pitches in the prem as well. Big improvement on the attitude shown at derby is going to be needed though.

I know their defensive record is decent at home, but I still think that's where they're vulnerable. We need to make sure we keep Petrov and Elano contained and make sure we work their central defenders as much as possible, and I'm confident we can get a result.

I actually think man city are there for the taking. I know they have a very impressive home record BUT even the games they have won they have given the oppposition plenty of chances to score. Elano is a quality player but has no pace. When he's being marked hard he has a quiet game. I really think we can beat them but we have to and attack them rather than sitting back and defending.

Red Nick team gets my vote as that's what i'm hoping for. Won't happen i know as rafa wouldn't play babel up front but i'm hoping all the same.

Defensive headache for Benitez

Liverpool boss running out of options at the back

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_3008060,00.html

Hobbs, Arbeloa or Agger at centre half vs Man City?

"Sami has an ankle problem, it is a difficult situation," said the manager.

"Arbeloa is out with flu, so we have no real cover. This could now be a real problem.

"Daniel Agger is closer, he has been training this week. We will wait to see how Sami is but we can use Jack or we could push Agger to play, we will wait and see.

"Now you can see the problem and why we have been searching for re-enforcements, we have been playing with a big risk. And Jamie Carragher has four yellow cards so that just makes the problem more worrying.

"But Agger and Hobbs are both training and Arbeloa will recover from his bout of sickness. All that will be a big boost for us.

"We have tried to protect our centre-backs but it has been a long time playing with this risk.

"We would not have wanted to play Sami for this long in defence. Everyone was thinking that Sami would play some games with both Agger and Carra to give him a rest.

"We have not been able to do that, and now we could have a real problem with his injury."

Arbeloa is out on Sunday?

If so then it has to be:

Reina

Finnan

Carra

Agger/Hobbs

Riise

Benayoun

Gerrard

Mascherano

Kewell

Babel

Torres

If Arbeloa is fit then he'd slot in at left back. I wouldn't risk Alonso playing another game so shortly after playing ninety minutes. I'd bring him on for half an hour at the end, depending on the state of the game at the time.

Kuyt and Voronin are really uninspiring at the moment so i'd be tempted to go with Babel up front. Why not?

He and Torres may be quite similar but people said that about Rooney and Tevez and that hasn't hindered their partnership. I do like the way Rafa has used Babel so far, but his natural position is up front and it wouldn't do any harm to see how he does up there.

If so then it has to be:

Reina

Finnan

Carra

Agger/Hobbs

Riise

Benayoun

Gerrard

Mascherano

Kewell

Babel

Torres

If Arbeloa is fit then he'd slot in at left back. I wouldn't risk Alonso playing another game so shortly after playing ninety minutes. I'd bring him on for half an hour at the end, depending on the state of the game at the time.

Kuyt and Voronin are really uninspiring at the moment so i'd be tempted to go with Babel up front. Why not?

He and Torres may be quite similar but people said that about Rooney and Tevez and that hasn't hindered their partnership. I do like the way Rafa has used Babel so far, but his natural position is up front and it wouldn't do any harm to see how he does up there.

Arbeloa has got the flu, but shoudl recover according to Rafa. I think he only mentioned that he is a doubt to highlight the defensive "crisis" to the US owners.

For me we cant commit to many players forward especially at the back as we have no Agger Hobbs doesnt have the pace nor the possitional sense to deal with it at the momment.

Man City rely on commiting players forward, it we keep our formation and soak up their pressure their game will be halted, our away form and play has been very good better than our home, so i hope for a good result.

It will be a good test to see what we are really like, Man City have had some poor performances recently and really on two or three players if we can take thoughs players out the game we can take them.

If so then it has to be:

Reina

Finnan

Carra

Agger/Hobbs

Riise

Benayoun

Gerrard

Mascherano

Kewell

Babel

Torres

I agree with all the above and would also add, when the ball comes from the back we need someone who can at least hold it up. The control of Kuyt, Voronin is just not up to that at the moment.

Its Man City ffs

Play anyone in any position we will twat them whatever im not taking them lightly but i would think they will finish anywhere from 6th to 10th in the Prem they have started really well but they arnt going to get any better than they have played already this season and i think we are a much much better team and will have prepared well for this one