You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Manchester City V Liverpool

Rashid

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be great if Agger plays, but it would be risky particularly with Carragher one booking away from a suspension and Hyypia injured.

If Carra gets a booking tomorrow would`nt that mean him beeing booked for the Luton match?

I can see a Carra booking tomorrow.

Flamini got one stupid one today, he begged for it meaning he lose the cup match. And I know Fabregas got one ahead of a home match against Derby ( I think ). It would be better playing against Luton without Carra than Westham for instance.

If Carra gets a booking tomorrow would`nt that mean him beeing booked for the Luton match?

I can see a Carra booking tomorrow.

Flamini got one stupid one today, he begged for it meaning he lose the cup match. And I know Fabregas got one ahead of a home match against Derby ( I think ). It would be better playing against Luton without Carra than Westham for instance.

I hadn't thought of that. Well done. You must have played this game before.

It would be great if Agger plays, but it would be risky particularly with Carragher one booking away from a suspension and Hyypia injured.

if he picks up a yellow will he banned for the Luton game?

that's not so bad

edit: aah never read Kurts post, yeah hopefully that's right then

I have a theory about Man City and it is this

When they play a side who have good defensive midfielders in front of the back 4 they dont have and answer to them

It is the space that Elano gets into infront of the opps back 4 that has been there best tactic this season

excamples are Blackburn in Sept they lost then Blackburn got a draw again last week

Chelsea in Oct got twated 6-0

I would say that after us Chelsea are the best in the Prem at defending infront of the back 4 and this is the reason i can see us winning this game and by more than one goal

Time will tell if i am right, but didnt want to say after are win i knew we would beat them well, hence the post

We HAVE to win tomorrow. If we don't, we deserve fuck all out of the league.

You don't get many chances to make ground up in this league, so when the opportunity arises you have to take advantage.

I agree that we have to win to be in with a shout, but I don't think it'll be easy by any means.

I have a theory about Man City and it is this

When they play a side who have good defensive midfielders in front of the back 4 they dont have and answer to them

It is the space that Elano gets into infront of the opps back 4 that has been there best tactic this season

The key to beating City is stopping their two best players: Elano, as you said, but also Petrov. That and exposing their less than solid defence.

I agree that we have to win to be in with a shout, but I don't think it'll be easy by any means.

The key to beating City is stopping their two best players: Elano, as you said, but also Petrov. That and exposing their less than solid defence.

I agree Paul, it will be a very tough game. They have won all but one of their home games, and even then the other game was a draw.

As you say, we need to stop Elano and Petrov. If there's one player i'd back to do a job on someone who plays 'in between the lines' though, it's Mascherano. He's done it on Kaka so he can do it on anyone.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Arbeloa at right back instead of Finnan duet to Petrov's pace.

Didn't the shite qualify for the CL with a GD of -1

Sorry, not being a twat, but have to point out they only 'qualified' for a qualifyer.

I can't pull up Evertonians when they peddle that myth but then allow a fellow red to say it without passing comment.

My apologies.

Sven to beat us and lay the foundations for taking over in the Summer ? All that 'My dad's a liverpool fan so am I' stuff was for a reason, must be sniffing round the yanks.

Thats bollocks. He would be a hero at City for just getting them in to the top 4 or 5. At Liverpool he would have to win us the title. I think he knows that with City's resources, he is on to a real winner.

Cant wait till after the game

Scrappy win : Rafa's evil, our football is crap, Utd and Arsenal play perfect stuff why cant we?

We batter them by a few : Rafa's evil, why cant we do this every week, Arsenal and Utd are perfect every week.

Draw : Rafa's evil, we have to win at places like this, Man Utd will wi.... erm Arsenal will win here.

Lose : Rafa's evil, we'll never win it with this clown, getting beat by this shit proves that.

Scrappy win : Rafa's evil, our football is crap, Utd and Arsenal play perfect stuff why cant we?

We batter them by a few : Rafa's evil, why cant we do this every week, Arsenal and Utd are perfect every week.

Draw : Rafa's evil, we have to win at places like this, Man Utd will wi.... erm Arsenal will win here.

Lose : Rafa's evil, we'll never win it with this clown, getting beat by this shit proves that.

Ok.

Ace.