You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

scotland italy

elvis

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh, they don't have to go on their forums. The amount of people on Liverpool forums during the WC who were supporting Spain, and gave the reason that England fans were a bunch of idiots was highly amusing.

I'm not on their football forums, this is just the Russians on the various Pet Shop Boys forums I'm talking about*.

Fuck knows how bad they are on the actual proper footy sites!

*yeah, I am a PSB fan, spare me the jibes etc, nothing I haven't had before

My sypathy for the Scots was quashed by Pat Nevin on Radio 5 Live who showed his Blueshite credentials by whining about the officials throughout, despite :

• Admitting the Scots goal was offside;
  • Admitting Italy had a perfectly good goal ruled offside;
  • Admitting Italy had 60% of the game.

Yes, the Scots were denied a penalty, and Italy scored their second from a free-kick that wasn't, but that still puts Italy ahead 2-1 you tit.

I wonder what the odds are on McClaren still fucking it up by losing on Wed?

I'm not on their football forums, this is just the Russians on the various Pet Shop Boys forums I'm talking about*.

Fuck knows how bad they are on the actual proper footy sites!

*yeah, I am a PSB fan, spare me the jibes etc, nothing I haven't had before

Hang on, Russian Pet Shop Boys are Homophobic!?

In all fairness i expect England to get through on Wednesday but they will have done so despite McClaren not because of him.

If the FA had any sense they would use to the opportunity to fuck McClaren off after Wednesday regardless of the result and appoint a proper coach who could actually do something with England.

I feel really sorry for Scotland - you can say what you want about them, but at the end of the day they're totally inferior to Italy and France but the way they played was a credit to the country and IMO they deserved to go through.

In the second half they were all over the Italians and could easily have won it - totally gutting for the scots.

That Hutton was fucking quality as well, he made Zambrotta look average which is no mean feat...

I hate watching the Italians the fucking cheating, time-wasting defensive, negative twats.

I hate watching the Italians the fucking cheating, time-wasting defensive, negative twats.

For some reason that what i like about them. They'll win at any cost. Its that kind of mentality that means they are world champions. Maybe we should follow suit.

Not sure about Hutton dominating Zambrotta. I thought Zambrotta looked quality (as usual) The scots lad did have a good game.

Scotland can argue about the ref decision all they liek, italy has a good goal ruled out and scotlans was offside. Successful teams get the rub of the green, unsuccessful ones are left moaning about it.

I find it highly ironic that there's all these people on here hoping that England lose and then going 'hahahaha' at Scotland.

Anyhow, I normally am gunning 100% for England, but this time I didn't want them to qualify. Why not? Because I think that in the long term it would have done them good. Fundamentally this is not a strong England team at the moment. 3 or 4 years ago England were strong in EVERY position and an embarrassment of riches in some positions, particularly defence. Now, we have no decent keeper, two top centre backs, an average left back in Cole who hasn't fulfilled his potential, an ageing RB in Neville, one outstanding midfielder in Gerrard and a LOT of very average players to go with him, the shadow of Beckham who should have been dropped years ago, Joe Cole who is consistenyly excellent, and up front? Well IF Rooney and Owen are both fit and on form then they're as good as any but that's a massive if and beyond them England have no decent strikers at all.

No, I think it would have been a good thing for England not to qualify, because then we would have had THREE FULL YEARS to prepare for the next World Cup. Get in a new manager, send the older players off to the knackers (Neville and Beckham anyway, and you could make arguements for some others like Lampard, Owen and Ferdinand), give the younger lads like Richards and walcott a STRING of games in the first team and get some consistency going. As it is, McLaren is a hero again, there will be the usual hype that we can win Euro 2008. Let's face it: we can't. The current side is no better than Croatia, the Czechs or the Portuguese, and not anywhere close to Italy, Spain or Germany. That's not to say we canpt turn things around, but compare this England side to ones of the last few tournaments and it's not in the same league.

International football is now the unpredicatable animal the FA cup once was though. Germany being ace in tournaments despite having a completely shite team proves this. England with a fair amount of world class players have every chance to spring an upset although that'd be what it was. Tennis.

Ending of Sco v Ita - Eyeties get a winner from a (highly dubious) freekick. Scotland couldn't defend said free kick so that's why they didnae qualify. Well what about Ferguson's goal given (clearly offside ) vs Di Natale disallowed. Typical example of Sky dicks covering over the fact that Scotland ultimately were not good enough. Did well to get as far as they did however.

Lampard on how to make friends and influence people

But midfielder Frank Lampard fears the Wembley crowd could yet turn on England if Wednesday's clash with Croatia does not go to plan.

He told the News of the World: "There's still the chance that the mood of the England crowd will change if we don't get the result we want against Croatia. So we must be ready to take it and deal with it."

He added: "I was in the crowd in Barcelona watching the qualifier against Andorra and I witnessed the anger and bitterness of certain England fans close up. It was not a pleasant experience. It was ugly and poisonous.

"But you have to accept there's a chance that Wednesday night could be even more of an ordeal for the manager and the players."

"It will hurt me if the Wembley crowd turns against us. If we don't get through then a lot of people are going to complain, will want to have a go and we must be big and brave enough to accept it."

The huge twat!

I was gutted for Scotland. They were an absolute credit to thier country and their fans were absolutely amazing (England fans- take note). They deserved to at least make to Wednesday to have a mathematical chance of progressing and were shafted by an awful refereing decision. The Italians were their usual cheating selves, hitting the floor upon any contact.

But the Scots made two of the best sides in the world look ordinary and gave them the fright of their lives, well done boys.