You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Purple Ribbon

Guest Paul Downey

I wasn't having a go at Pete by the way, in fact I agree with some of his points. I was just pointing out how the generalistic manner was maybe why people had a pop.

On the second point, I believe it's a bit of both. As an example, Radio 1 newsbeat where reporting on the streets of Liverpool last week on the effects of the postal strike. Some utter wag decided to broadcast some bird with a thick scouse accent saying;

"It's not fair like, people are waitin for Giro's an dat"

Now I pissed myself laughing at this knowing full well the tit at Radio 1 was hoping to get a reaction and was probably behind the scenes with his bum chums slapping each others shoulders.

That night I spoke with some of my family and friends and it was the hot topic of discussion. Some hit the roof, some emailed complaints etc etc... You get the picture.

It's a fine line between defending yourself and being over sensitive in my opinion.

good point,heard it myself, someone also said i cant afford the birthday cards because of the strike. the media love it.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Show me where else I've made critical remarks about the city. You won't find many because I think on the whole I have shown great respect for this place and the people in it. I've been here for a little more than two years now and you're just going to have to trust me when I say I haven't posted on this thread to bait anyone.

Liverpool is like no other city - for good and bad. Only to me it seems you can't talk about the bad unless you're from here because people will rally round the city and will see it only as another attack. I was linked with the sun and compared to Boris Johnson earlier in the thread.

If it's true what robslappa said about the McDonald's and that pub, and I have no reason to doubt it, then that is exactly the kind of thing that should be put on the local news agenda, ie. the Echo front page. Celebrities peddling a ribbon (we can all agree kids shouldn't be carrying guns) is celebrating the city's great togetherness while at the same time closing people's eyes to whatever doesn't fit with that image.

it was me who said it,and it is true.

the point was in that adversity do you really think mr average will come forward?

i am old enough to remember when people had fuck all.

if your windows got put in,phone the council,not many had cars,not much to lose.

now we all pretty much have what we want,hence more to lose.

liverpool is no different than anywhere else in coming forward,we wouldn't have crime watch if information was forthcoming.

but hey,we beat the blue shite,happy days

Who am i to interfere?

At the end of the day who's arsed?

Everybody knows dude its Chris, dude, who's won 'brown noser' of the thread comp. Dude. Who else can compete?

Honestly, nobody else can brown nose like Chris. I dont give this accolade 'willy nilly' no matter what any of yeeee might think. I dont. No willy nillying here, Chris dude, you really can brown nose with the best of them.

issues that aren't close to you.

pub on the east lancs road barred some of these fuckers,guess what?

burnt down,same at mcdonalds on queens drive.

shops told they will be torched if they open on day of "soldiers" funeral,all bar shut.scared?fuckin right they are.

sorry he/she but none of the above happened.

finnigans burned down for different reasons, ooh im thinking insurance. dont qoute me though?!?!

maccys was done by anfield lads.

the shops and boozers were told to close by police days before that funeral, not by the 'soldiers'.

Not defending the scumbags at all, and i meet plenty of them in my taxi, but some things fly round which just arent true. So stop peddling shite.

And DT you can talk about the bad of the City, just as long as you're well informed. Its not about being an 'outsider' as you so eloquently put it for the masses, its about having the correct information.

Quite bladdered considering its 7 in the am and i havent been to bed yrt but fuck me la you best get that broom out for sweeping generalisations coz you havent got a good opinion of people you know little about.

Sorry if im drunk and got this wrong but what do you want the people of nogsy/crocky to do? They've heard the name and ive heard the name driving around. The police know the name but they cant just put someone away on heresay. I wish they could coz its common knowledge, but you cant say to the judge, 'come ed lad, it was this little shit!'.

To tell you all the anbsolute truth ive lost the major point of this thread, really proper drunk like, it was probably originally to abuse that utter wanker Chris (come on i bet even johnb admits it) but i honestly forgey.

Peace to everyone everywhere except brown nosing hermafrodites (spelling spuruuious) everywhere. You know who you are, dude. Dude.

Dude. Knob. Dude.

Who am i to interfere?

Everybody knows dude its Chris, dude, who's won 'brown noser' of the thread comp. Dude. Who else can compete?

Honestly, nobody else can brown nose like Chris. I dont give this accolade 'willy nilly' no matter what any of yeeee might think. I dont. No willy nillying here, Chris dude, you really can brown nose with the best of them.

finnigans burned down for different reasons, ooh im thinking insurance. dont qoute me though?!?!

the shops and boozers were told to close by police days before that funeral, not by the 'soldiers'.

Not defending the scumbags at all, and i meet plenty of them in my taxi, but some things fly round which just arent true. So stop peddling shite.

And DT you can talk about the bad of the City, just as long as you're well informed. Its not about being an 'outsider' as you so eloquently put it for the masses, its about having the correct information.

Quite bladdered considering its 7 in the am and i havent been to bed yrt but fuck me la you best get that broom out for sweeping generalisations coz you havent got a good opinion of people you know little about.

Sorry if im drunk and got this wrong but what do you want the people of nogsy/crocky to do? They've heard the name and ive heard the name driving around. The police know the name but they cant just put someone away on heresay. I wish they could coz its common knowledge, but you cant say to the judge, 'come ed lad, it was this little shit!'.

To tell you all the anbsolute truth ive lost the major point of this thread, really proper drunk like, it was probably originally to abuse that utter wanker Chris (come on i bet even johnb admits it) but i honestly forgey.

Peace to everyone everywhere except brown nosing hermafrodites (spelling spuruuious) everywhere. You know who you are, dude. Dude.

Dude. Knob. Dude.

Pissed or not you hit the nail on the head there.

Who am i to interfere?

Dude. Knob. Dude.

you ever thought of joining the police?you know everything,cos you hear it driving round

Yes. There once was a brief period where i flirted with the idea of becoming a fully fledged officer of the law. Good guess.

You however would certainly fail to make it into Detective Academy as nowhere in my post does it say i heard all this while driving around. Ive heard the name of the piece of shit who supposedly shot Rhys Jones while driving around but that name seems to be common knowledge anyway.

All that stuff, you know, the stuff you made up, i got through other means of investigation.

Clouseaus Ghost

Yes. There once was a brief period where i flirted with the idea of becoming a fully fledged officer of the law. Good guess.

You however would certainly fail to make it into Detective Academy as nowhere in my post does it say i heard all this while driving around. Ive heard the name of the piece of shit who supposedly shot Rhys Jones while driving around but that name seems to be common knowledge anyway.

All that stuff, you know, the stuff you made up, i got through other means of investigation.

Clouseaus Ghost

the chief con of liverpool was asked twice on a recent internet forum about thugs forcing shops to close during funeral,in answering both questions he does not say that police asked them to do it

if his intention is to allay any fears the comunity has surely he would say this?

some strand shop keepers did indeed say it wasn't true but do you really think they would say any different?

maccys on the drive may well have been done by anfield lads,as police believe the gun used in the rhys murder is being held in anfield, hmm could be a link maybe?

the issue of who burnt it down doesn't matter,it was to illustrate the point that mr average very rarely comes forward,as the shits hold no fear of lawful retribution,you seem to miss that point.

finnigans,who knows what the reason for the fire,i have my opinion based on living in the area for 31 years,if you know different suggest crime stoppers(don't quote me on that)

or simply please back up your peddled shite with facts

Who am i to interfere?

Dude. Knob. Dude.

*stands and applauds, for about three hours, while not sticking my tongue up somebody elses arse hole*