You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fucking rip off

Paul

If you have bought Setanta you can also look forward to plenty of live boxing in the future as well. Ricky Hattons last fight was on it, and rumours are that Frank Warren is taking all his fighters off ITV and onto Setanta. Joe Calzaghe has already confirmed his unification fight against Kessler is signed to Setanta.

Anyone who buys Setanta further perpetuates the myth that football fans are stupid. Exposure, for the good of the game and all that bullshit so they said. Jesus!

Personally I drew the line at PremPlus. Put your money in your back pocket, shush your gums and watch it via the wonder that is the web, and don't let these Fuckers - any Fuckers, take advantage of you.

If only fans would revolt huh? The game would be on it's arse, yet we seem oblivious to it. We are the power and we could cripple the money side of the game at the drop of a hat. We love it so much the very thought scares the shite out of us. That doesn't mean we should let them walk all over us though, does it?

They don't say many valid things but "Feed the Goat and he will score" springs to mind.

Apply the same to so many other things also. Madness. O_o

I can't believe so many of you are pro-paying even more for your footy. It is a colossal fucking rip off. I've just cancelled my sports and movies packages - going from £52.50 pm to £28 pm. And that includes the £10 'multi-room' - another colossal rip off. Why should I pay another £10 to receive a signal that I already pay for?

Any footy now will be watched either in the pub or streamed for free.

Why start paying £10pm now when we're not even on Setanta again for 3 months? Whatever the package, it's a fucking rip off.

Fuck them, the robbing bastards.

I can't believe so many of you are pro-paying even more for your footy. It is a colossal fucking rip off. I've just cancelled my sports and movies packages - going from £52.50 pm to £28 pm. And that includes the £10 'multi-room' - another colossal rip off. Why should I pay another £10 to receive a signal that I already pay for?

Any footy now will be watched either in the pub or streamed for free.

Why start paying £10pm now when we're not even on Setanta again for 3 months? Whatever the package, it's a fucking rip off.

Fuck them, the robbing bastards.

I'd have to disagree with that.

I used to pay @ £50pm to Telewest/Virgin for broadband / all landline phone calls & medium TV package.

After a tip off on the GF ( Thanks to whoever it was ) I phoned them up with the usual 'I'm off to SKY routine'.

They immediately offered to reduce the price to a ' 3 for £30 deal ' or I could upgrade to the XL tv package as well for £38.

This gave me free Setanta which is a cracking package as outlined above (with Liverpool TV to come ) and extra music/films for me & the missus & Disney for the daughter.

I am often boring on the subject of businesses giving shit service , but credit were credit's due i this case.

I'd have to disagree with that.

I used to pay @ £50pm to Telewest/Virgin for broadband / all landline phone calls & medium TV package.

After a tip off on the GF ( Thanks to whoever it was ) I phoned them up with the usual 'I'm off to SKY routine'.

They immediately offered to reduce the price to a ' 3 for £30 deal ' or I could upgrade to the XL tv package as well for £38.

This gave me free Setanta which is a cracking package as outlined above (with Liverpool TV to come ) and extra music/films for me & the missus & Disney for the daughter.

I am often boring on the subject of businesses giving shit service , but credit were credit's due i this case.

I'm not on cable unfortunately or I would have migrated by now. Don't even get the full Freeview channel list. So Sky have got me by the balls

I'm not on cable unfortunately or I would have migrated by now. Don't even get the full Freeview channel list. So Sky have got me by the balls

It has its faults Chap ( don't start me on the new Indian technical helpline at 20p per minute ) but its not too bad as a business.

Also on a personal basis , I'm usually at relations ( or the game ) on a Sunday & I play footy on a Monday night so Sky's coverage just doesn't suit me.