You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

italian press linking us with chiellini

So unlike him then? :smile:

If he is like Carra at LB (a very good defensive LB) but with those other attacking attributes, then we should sign him up pronto.

Do you rate him higher than Riise? Could he come straight into the side and improve us?

Definitely, he's a lot better than Riise IMO. Obviously his shooting isn't as good, but that's about the only area he's weaker than him him, and he'd probably contribute as many goals from corners and free kicks anyway. I'd be very happy if we signed him.

Youtube is the future of transfer dealing. Agents will be putting compilations of their players on the site, then posting links on the fansites of clubs they want to hawk their players to, creating a buzz amongst fans. Like garlic bread, it's the future....

sealab is not that good. I was convinced it was ace at one point. But i was pissed. ATHF FTW!

Sealab was amazing in its first handful of seasons. then the guy who did the voice of captain murphy died and it all went to shit. one of the most endearing things about those Adult Swim shows is that they are 15 minute (12 minutes) long. so if it's shit, it's only 12 minutes of you day lost.

i don't know if this factoid is lost on anyone, but sealab 2020 was actually a environmental awareness show in the 70's/80's i believe. so the idea of sealab 2021 being a year later and everyone's gone mad living under the sea cracks me up. plus the kick ass theme song!

I agree to an extent about some of the early clearances , but maybe it was more useful than most YouTube clips as it gave a real flavour for the bloke , not 8 minutes of stepovers. I imagine a country like Italy has very good under 21 players , so to be skipper shows what good judges think & may be a pointer to his character.

I liked the way he didn't give a shit about the head wound & in a funny way that defiant roar & fist pump when he made that tackle in the corner meant more in my estimation than the later goals in a ' would he fit into the Prem' sort of way.

Whether we are interested in him or not , I don't want Heinze at any cost.

ps Rafa would soon cut out that ' full back getting to the byeline ' shit.

no doubt we should sign him up instead of Heinze. someone who could potentially be in our back for for the better part of a decade vs. someone who's 29, trying to flee his current club, a shithouse manc, has a season ending injury on his record, on and on...

easy choice IMO

Ranieri sgrida Chiellini

“Therefore it damages the Juve”

The hard bianconero technician with the defender, than yesterday had released feelings asking for being dealt from “important player”: “The group for me is sacred, on this not transigo. Me piacciono the vogliosi like he, but must be to its place”

Claudius Ranieri observes the group to the job. To the center, in Association of Bologna, George Chiellini acknowledges. LaPresse

PINZOLO (Trento), 17 July 2007 - “Chiellini has made a damage the group, than for me it is sacred. On this not transigo”. The vent of Chiellini (“I waited for to Me of being dealt from important player. I would want that it was aimed on me. If you had to become third or chosen quarter I begin to watch itself around”, the defender has said yesterday) is not piaciuto not at all to Claudius Ranieri, than from “good father of family” she has reproached the player.

“CHILD” - “I understand what he has said, but the things must remain in family - has explained the technician of the Juventus - it has been hasty because he is a generous boy. If you want child has been end too much. If us there is badly remained he, what would have to say Of the Piero? Rather make to speak its proxy. We must become square also in these things. Me piacciono the vogliosi like he, but must be to its place. It has however not gained no championship of the world. If it had to gain something thing ago, it kills to us”.

Gazzetta dello sport

Genoa have also made enquiries to his availability today

CHIELLINI TOWARDS the GOODBYE Numbered between the Malavoglia of the series To in order having before delivered phrases of open contestazione to the average that to its club, George Chiellini is in the list of the departing travelers. It has not asked to go itself some, but the club does not mean concedergli some ritocco contractual and the acid botta-answer with Ranieri does not leave to foresee other end that a goodbye of the defender. More probable destination? At the moment it is the Manchester City di Sven Goran Eriksson (and of the brace White man). The English club in fact would have offered 10 million euro for the bianconero defender, for which already the Liverpool sondato the land. The demand for having with himself Chiellini would have left from Eriksson: it has revealed former the first minister of the Thailandia, Thaksin Shinawatra, that he stops 75% of the share quotas the English club.

Gazzetta dello sport

• 9 years later...

So the last meaningful (used loosely) link on here to us signing Chiellini was a year before we signed Dossena?

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Well done. You've absolutely owned me. I'll be gutted when I look back at this, I'm not that type of lad etc etc

• Upvote 1

Youtube is the future of transfer dealing. Agents will be putting compilations of their players on the site, then posting links on the fansites of clubs they want to hawk their players to, creating a buzz amongst fans. Like garlic bread, it's the future....

Nostradamus over here.

• Upvote 1

I'd be quite happy for us to reignite our interest in this promising young defender.

Hopefully, we can also find the additional couple of millions Sevilla are asking for that Daniel Alves. Must admit I'm not too enthusiastic about Pennant as our alternative option.