You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Reds in for Heinze?

Count Morfeo

If he wants to join the mancs then fuck him. This is all just pointless paranoia as it stands though.

You're probably right mate. I just think that we're opening up a big can of worms here and will end up regretting it further down the line. Allied to the fact that I don't really rate Heinze, I'm just dead against this move.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're probably right mate. I just think that we're opening up a big can of worms here and will end up regretting it further down the line. Allied to the fact that I don't really rate Heinze, I'm just dead against this move.

He's a bitter cunt who despises us but I dont think he's an idiot, he wont go after Masch unless our deal has fell through and he wants him, dont think he'd do it out of spite really especially given he's just spent £18m on Hargreaves. Anderson can play central mid and they have Carrick and Scholes, think if anything they'll want another attacking central mid next as Scholes is getting on.

Worst comes to the worst anyway and it happened who gives a fuck? (Maybe wrong choise of phrase) Obviously it'd be disappointing to lose him as at the minute he's a great player but if he wanted to go there then fuck him, we've lost great players before and will do again in the future but we survive.

On Heinze, I agree, im not all that keen on him but hopefully Rafa's contacts have told him his shit games last season were just a blip and arent because he's finished after that injury or something.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=473655&in_page_id=1779

Heinze tells Fergie: I still want to quit Old Trafford

EXCLUSIVE - By IAN LADYMAN - :whistle:

Comments Comments

Contract rebel Gabriel Heinze last night upped the ante in his row with Manchester United by telling Sir Alex Ferguson to his face that he wants to move to Liverpool.

Defender Heinze returned to training with United as planned yesterday and headed straight for a meeting with manager Ferguson to thrash out his future.

And the Argentine international told Sportsmail last night he remains set on a controversial move to Anfield and that his lawyers are looking at ways to force the deal through, despite United's opposition.

Heinze said: "I've spoken with the coach and I have insisted that my wish is to leave the club if a big offer appears on the table.

"Today the only such offer is from Liverpool and it is this that is causing the problem. Earlier in the summer I received a promise from United that I could leave if the deal was good for both parties and at the moment there is an offer from Liverpool.

"The coach is serious about this and I understand his view. But I am serious, too. My lawyers are studying the situation and I'm going to wait for a few days now to get a full report from them."

Heinze - who last season lost his left-back berth to Patrice Evra - has two years left on his contract but was told in a letter from chief executive David Gill at the start of the summer that he could leave if an offer of £6.5million was received.

The only offer subsequently made has been from Liverpool and Heinze's representatives are trying to force the club's hand because the letter did not state that bids from Premier League rivals would not be considered.

"All I want now is a swift solution to this saga," said Heinze, who was given extra time off by Ferguson after his participation in the Copa America with his country. "I've fulfilled my duties by returning for training and I will now carry on behaving like a professional. I will keep on coming to training and will see what happens. I have a muscle injury in my leg but it is only minor and will not keep me out for long.

"People keep saying that there's an offer for me from Juventus but I know nothing about it. Liverpool is the only offer so far.

"I don't want to spend time at the club just waiting and not playing as I don't think that is in the best interests of the club or myself."

Heinze's representatives last week suggested the issue may go to court but it now appears more likely that the Premier League will be asked to rule on it.

United's stance is that Heinze's contract carries more weight than a letter and it is also understood that Gill told the player's representatives a move to a rival would be out of the question. The conversation is believed to be on tape. The Premier League have indicated they would be happy to get involved in an arbitration process.

United will send two teams to play in friendlies tomorrow night, one to Glentoran in Northern Ireland and another to Dunfermline in Scotland. New signing Carlos Tevez is expected to feature in Dunfermline but Heinze's injury appears to preclude him from making either trip.

United have been encouraged by their Community Shield triumph against Chelsea on Sunday and goalscorer Ryan Giggs believes standards will be even higher this season.

Giggs said: "The bar will have to go higher. Squads have got better in recent years, especially since Arsenal set the precedent by going unbeaten through the season. You can't afford to lose many games now and that'll be the case even more this season. The quality is going up and up all the time."

This will get messy.

We'll regret this Heinze signing when the Mancs come callling for Mascherano and the player see's his international team mate in the Liverpool dressing room and sees no reson why a move between the two clubs is anything to worry about.

If we do not sign Mascherano he will sign for the Mancs.....FACT

If demento get´s his chance he will snap the agents fingers of for the opportunity to sign the Chief....

But it is a different situation though, we do not own Mascherano, the Mancs own Heinze, so unless we sign Mascherano we´re pretty much fucked in that respect, whilst demento can sabotage Heinze´s transfer for another year or two and there is nothing we can do about it....

Only sensible thing to do is to sign Mascherano on a long term contact as soon as the loan period is over (option) and forget about Heinze and move on....

FFS there are plenty of exciting options, for example Chiellini and Kompany!!

FACT in an Eto'o signing for Liverpool way I presume as it's anything but an actual fact.

FACT as in he is the best holding midfielder in the world and the Mancs would be unstoppable with him in the team, and given his age together with Ronaldo, Nani, Anderson, Tevez we´re talking for the next decade..... Nightmare scenario right there....... If you don´t see it you´re blind!

Demento is his biggest fan..... Just for us having him in the team is a wind up for demento, he fucking hates it....

The dispute over Gabriel Heinze's proposed move from Manchester United to Liverpool is to be decided next week by a Premier League arbitration panel.

Heinze returned to United's Carrington training ground yesterday morning for talks with manager Sir Alex Ferguson and the Argentina defender is determined to press ahead with the £6.8 million transfer.

Ferguson is bitterly opposed to Heinze joining United's rivals but in an effort to force through the transfer, Heinze has even threatened legal action. United say they told Heinze in meetings and in writing that he could not join one of United's title rivals. Now the Premier League have been asked to settle the dispute before the transfer window shuts on Aug 31.

A three-man panel will meet early next week to try and find a solution. It is understood that, under the League's rules, players are entitled to call for a hearing to settle contract disputes. Ferguson ordered Heinze, who has two years left on his contract, to return to training yesterday. While he showed up, Heinze's decision to force a hearing suggests the talks did little to ease the tension.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=473655&in_page_id=1779

Heinze tells Fergie: I still want to quit Old Trafford

EXCLUSIVE - By IAN LADYMAN - :whistle:

United's stance is that Heinze's contract carries more weight than a letter and it is also understood that Gill told the player's representatives a move to a rival would be out of the question. The conversation is believed to be on tape. The Premier League have indicated they would be happy to get involved in an arbitration process.

"Believed to be on tape"?

The Daily Mail were peddling this line yesterday, but none of the other papers (or rags in the case of the Mein Kampf) have picked up on it.

"Believed to be on tape"?

The Daily Mail were peddling this line yesterday, but none of the other papers (or rags in the case of the Mein Kampf) have picked up on it.

if it were on tape heinz wouldn't pursue this.

as for masherano I feel pretty certain that when his deal is up he'll leave hence the reason rafa signed alonso AND momo on long term deals.

The deal we agreed with MSI was to loan Mascherano for 18 months for £1.5m, with a guarentee that he couldnt be sold by MSI during that period, and a first option to buy at £18m (or thereabouts).

If Masch leaves it'll be because we can't afford him or we don't want him.

Papers saying today, Heinze told Taggart he wanted to leave for Liverpool and He said 'itll never happen'.

Fair play to him, Demento was obviously hoping the thought of a face to face would force Heinze to back down, but he's harder than me for doing that, so fair play to him.

Wish it would just get a move on, its killing everyone off and it would be better if he was in for the 1st day even though the window is open till the end of the month.

if it were on tape heinz wouldn't pursue this.

as for masherano I feel pretty certain that when his deal is up he'll leave hence the reason rafa signed alonso AND momo on long term deals.

I think he did that as an insurance policy, so.

a) If Mascherano goes he's got Momo and Xabi signed up and still at the club.

b) If he decides to keep Mascherano (lets face it he'll want to) then we have two sellable assets tied down to long term contracts meaning a big cash return.

Ferguson will keep this going to the end of the month. From his point of view he might be able to fuck us over big-time by blocking the transfer and not giving us enough time to look elsewhere.

Yes, that is what I think too, surely we have some back-up names though. I just hope it doesn't get to the last day and we are still in the same situation.

I'd wait for him. It'd be really shitty to let him go through all this and then hang him out to dry. He's really gone out on a limb here because he wants to sign for us, we shouldn't give up on him just because Ferguson is being a prick.

I'd wait for him. It'd be really shitty to let him go through all this and then hang him out to dry. He's really gone out on a limb here because he wants to sign for us, we shouldn't give up on him just because Ferguson is being a prick.

If everyone waited around for Ferguson to stop being a prick nothing would ever get done.