You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bernard Manning dead.

Chris

How do you feel about Bernard Manning's death?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Bernard Manning's death?

• Good riddance to the horrible racist monstrosity
    • He was funny, you can't take him too seriously
    • Not the slightest bit arsed.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He gave his money to charity but then Hitler was nice to a dog once.

But then he was a jolly good chap (Hitler that is) just those PC brigade bastards took what he did out of context. Most jews loved him

Darcus Howe, who is black and was a former Black Panther had no real problem with Manning. He said he was just a reflection of his times.

Yeah, but isn't he a bit of a cocoa-shunter?

Sorry - I'm confusing him with Robert Elms.

He gave his money to charity but then Hitler was nice to a dog once.

But then he was a jolly good chap (Hitler that is) just those PC brigade bastards took what he did out of context. Most jews loved him

I don't think they loved him. They wouldn't have taken issue with it though, after all he went after gypsies and the disabled too; at least he was fair and even with it all.

I don't think they loved him. They wouldn't have taken issue with it though, after all he went after gypsies and the disabled too; at least he was fair and even with it all.

See, now this for me is far more offensive than anything Bernard Manning ever said. You're one cast-iron hypocrite Stu Monty.

See, now this for me is far more offensive than anything Bernard Manning ever said. You're one cast-iron hypocrite Stu Monty.

No, no, no. This is satire. We can say unpleasant things because we're "making a point".

Would you care to address my more serious posts that deal with the issue above rather than claim offense at a joke aimed to highlight the error of your previous staments? Don't play the innocent schoolgirl, it doesn't become you.

Why would the sense in Manning's stance matter?

Twenty years ago they used to call twenty white men chasing a black man the Klu Klux Klan. Now they call it formula 1.

Is that racist? I laughed when I got that text.

As head of the PC Brigade I declare that joke 97/126ths Racist with a bonus PC point and a free pamphlet entitled Diversity for beginners

No, no, no. This is satire. We can say unpleasant things because we're "making a point".

He's not "making a point" though is he? He's being the smug, sarcy little cunt that he always is because he can't ever just disagree with someone in good grace. He has to belittle and mock people just because they take an opposite view.

If Stu (and Remmie for that matter) think that making jokes about Jews in the Holocaust is remotely equivalent to Bernard Manning's humour, then they're at best misguided, and at worst horrible snidey little shit-stirring cunts who should just fuck off right now.

Would you care to address my more serious posts that deal with the issue above rather than claim offense at a joke aimed to highlight the error of your previous staments? Don't play the innocent schoolgirl, it doesn't become you.

Like I say, you singling out one race and making jokes about them is not the same as Manning making jokes about everyone.

There's no error in my previous statements. The only error is in your interpretation.

He's not "making a point" though is he? He's being the smug, sarcy little cunt that he always is because he can't ever just disagree with someone in good grace. He has to belittle and mock people just because they take an opposite view.

If Stu (and Remmie for that matter) think that making jokes about Jews in the Holocaust is remotely equivalent to Bernard Manning's humour, then they're at best misguided, and at worst horrible snidey little shit-stirring cunts who should just fuck off right now.

Fucking hell, Danny, that's a bit rich coming from you, mate. I too find Stu's insistence on being what you call smug and sarcy a little wearing, but he hardly deserves the shit you've just thrown there, does he? He's generally a really good egg; albeit a misguided one in instances like this (in my opinion).

Blood pressure SD, Blood pressure.

The commons awaits.

I'm prepared to discuss it properly but I made a point that was pretty valid and you dissapeared. The existance and the tolerance of people like Manning is centrally relevant to something like the holocaust by the way, absolutely centrally relevant; people killed other people because of race. But that isn't the issue. If the comment offended you, that's unfortunate, and knowing your taste in comedy, highly surprising.

The statement about not wanting to disagree in good grace is misguided and hypocritical, you're the pot calling the kettle and I'm not even black (no pun intended). Now you had your dig and I've had one back so do you want to discuss it properly or not? Why would Manning's stance making no sense be relevant?

Fucking hell, Danny, that's a bit rich coming from you, mate. I too find Stu's insistence on being what you call smug and sarcy a little wearing, but he hardly deserves the shit you've just thrown there, does he? He's generally a good egg, albeit a misguided one in instances like this (in my opinion).

I admit I call people names all the time (that's just me; I've called my parents cunts to their faces before now) but Stu's passive-aggressive behaviour does him no favours. It's starting to piss me off a bit actually.

My posts were done deliberately to wind up the anti-PC brigade, something which I'd expect you to be familiar with. Congrats you fell hook, line and sinker.

If you check my vote I don't really care as the very little I know about Bernard Manning is second hand opinion.

Twenty years ago they used to call twenty white men chasing a black man the Klu Klux Klan. Now they call it formula 1.

Whether they admit it or not, so did everyone else, and that is about the standard of BM's jokes. Real incitement stuff alright, will we be safe in our beds tonight ?..................

Guest Jay W

:smile: