You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafael Benitez

With a five year contract under his belt, and the club destined to be sold, he went about alienating the owners and several members of the team to such an extent that his leaving was inevitable. His choice.

A rational man would have kept his head down, banked the pay cheques, and waited for new owners, but Rafa can't help himself.

It was a remarkable achievement to irritate owners who have just given you a five year contract to keep you on side whilst they dealt with more pressing matters to the point of breakdown. It was also gratuitous and let the club and fans down.

He wanted the club to move forward quicker, he had built one of the best sides we have had in years and he could see that falling away.

On the pitch he earnt the club a pretty penny, reaching 2 european cup finals must of netted £80 million alone.

The increase in sponsorship deals off the european runs.

Christ FSG wouldnt of bought us off them 2 twats if it wasnt for one of their employees watching liverpool in europe and then twisting john henrys arm

He wanted the club to move forward quicker, he had built one of the best sides we have had in years and he could see that falling away.

On the pitch he earnt the club a pretty penny, reaching 2 european cup finals must of netted £80 million alone.

The increase in sponsorship deals off the european runs.

Christ FSG wouldnt of bought us off them 2 twats if it wasnt for one of their employees watching liverpool in europe and then twisting john henrys arm

Rafa earned the club tonnes of money. CL runs and a win, high league placings, finals and showpiece occasions and the players he left behind. Torres, Mascherano, Alonso, Babel and many more enabling subsequent managers to reshape the team to their liking. The suggestion that Rafa wasted money is frankly insulting to the great man.

I'm happy to have the debate with you gmac, but not with the clueless gobshites who wouldn't understand what LFC is about if they live to be older than me.

Stringy, I think you are probably a better supporter than me and most of those you refer to. Also you have your views for a reason. You are fair when admitting you’re wrong, sorry mate I’ve had a few, I meant no disrespect. But ................. ;)

Edited by gmac

He was sacked by Broughton and Purslow, Not Hicks and Gillette

G&H owned the club.

Broughton described it as the most clear cut case of self-dismissal he had ever come across- that was the extent to which Rafa lost it.

The club and the fans needed Rafa, but he lost focus- and has never really recovered since.

He wanted the club to move forward quicker, he had built one of the best sides we have had in years and he could see that falling away.On the pitch he earnt the club a pretty penny, reaching 2 european cup finals must of netted £80 million alone.The increase in sponsorship deals off the european runs. Christ FSG wouldnt of bought us off them 2 twats if it wasnt for one of their employees watching liverpool in europe and then twisting john henrys arm

I agree. Why he could not have seen out the season concentrating on coaching the team must be one of his biggest regrets.

G&H owned the club.

Broughton described it as the most clear cut case of self-dismissal he had ever come across- that was the extent to which Rafa lost it.

The club and the fans needed Rafa, but he lost focus- and has never really recovered since.

Honestly, do you have another profile on here, you are 'Andre' aren't you. No matter I've asked for fucking weeks now, give me 6 numbers, between 1 and 49, I'll sort you out. PM them ;) x

But just like you'd be quick to point out that Rafa finishing 7th was down to off-field matters, maybe the same is true in the interim.

I put it down to injuries as I said, we were only a couple of wins off fourth the gap isn't like this season but obviously the lack of financial backing held us back from getting where we wanted to be.

The failure since rafa left has been because Hodgson had us in the relagation zone,made abject signings and alienated the fanbase.Kenny failed because he made the biggest fuck ups in the transfer market in our history and showed a scarily lack of tactical knowledge for a manager who has won the premier league.

To be fair to Rodgers he wasn't backed enough in the summer but made some poor buys in Allen and borini who were well over priced, the fact he worked with these players before is quite worrying but he showed in jan he can do well in the market with 2 good buys.

In summary the failure is down to managers being hired that were inferior to rafa which makes the decision to sack him a bad one, but no matter how clear this is some people can't admit it due to their personal feelings towards rafa.

Kenny failed because he made the biggest fuck ups in the transfer market in our history and showed a scarily lack of tactical knowledge for a manager who has won the premier league.

Dalglish had been caretaker manager for less than a month when we signed Carroll.

Downing - we paid probably 10million too much for Villa's player of the season. According to 'moneyball' it was a good signing.

Trying to pin all the blame on Dalglish is quite clearly wrong when you consider the context.

You're gonna have to be more specific about this supposed lack of tactical knowledge. Just sounds like a generic criticism that lacks substance.

Dalglish had been caretaker manager for less than a month when we signed Carroll.

Downing - we paid probably 10million too much for Villa's player of the season. According to 'moneyball' it was a good signing.

Trying to pin all the blame on Dalglish is quite clearly wrong when you consider the context.

You're gonna have to be more specific about this supposed lack of tactical knowledge. Just sounds like a generic criticism that lacks substance.

Take those specs off...

Last season the likes of McCarthy, Holloway, Coyle, Martinez and even fucking Hodgson tactically took the piss out of us.

Was there a formation we didn't play last season? Kenny was changing formation near on every game because he didn't have any real idea what to do with us, what was our set up last season? what were we trying to do? no-one had a clue because Kenny didn't.

Theres many things we could all point at but the Maxi situation for one was absolutely ridiculous, guaranteed goals in a season where we couldn't score goals and he couldn't find a place in the team for him ahead of the likes of Adam, Henderson, Spearing and Downing who were all awful just defies any logic at all.

Why are you still posting you lousy twat.

Go away with your disrespectful, poorly thought out, one eyed wailing.

It's offensive.

Haha, so you ask someone to elaborate, it gets elaborated on and you obviously have no answer to it so as usual and go into defense mode by attacking and doing your painfully embarassing Silverlining impression, talk about lack of self awareness...

Have a word with your short strange self, you're actually ripping off a S*n working fraud of a Liverpool fan you daft unimagintive twat, jesus Coro, you really think you come across as some witty and clever poster don't you, and you actually really care about it to, hahahaha you strange freak, next time you look in the mirror dont deny it.

There are some right whoppers who post I n here who do not have a clue about this football club. Seriously. It's like Tom Baker responding to a 12 year old Doctor Who fan with a scarf who has read a lot of dr who books. Contempt doesn't begin to describe it. Clueless wankers.

Best post in the entire thread.

A bit silly all this now, especially since his comments about coming back to the club were deliberately misinterpreted by the cunts we call the media.

Or maybe Rafa was doing a spot of politicking, or was ill judged in his comments?

Rodgers was unambiguous in his response- and there is the difference.

Guest San Don
Take those specs off...

Last season the likes of McCarthy, Holloway, Coyle, Martinez and even fucking Hodgson tactically took the piss out of us.

Was there a formation we didn't play last season? Kenny was changing formation near on every game because he didn't have any real idea what to do with us, what was our set up last season? what were we trying to do? no-one had a clue because Kenny didn't.

Theres many things we could all point at but the Maxi situation for one was absolutely ridiculous, guaranteed goals in a season where we couldn't score goals and he couldn't find a place in the team for him ahead of the likes of Adam, Henderson, Spearing and Downing who were all awful just defies any logic at all.

You know fuck all. Dalglish changed formation regularly when he was manager first time round. Sometimes it didnt work like 5 at the back against arse but more often than not it did.

So, you're suggesting a manager stick with one formation all through the season whether it works or not?

You can point to any manager not picking certain players so where's the mileage in that one?

G&H owned the club.

Where do you make up these stories? Complete bollocks. I'd love to see the quote from Broughton.

Guest San Don
It was a verbatim quote. You should follow LFC more closely.

I dont recall seeing any such quote from broughton. You need to substantiate your claim rather than hide behind neferious claims as a 'werbatim quote.'

Where do you make up these stories? Complete bollocks. I'd love to see the quote from Broughton.

I think this throws further light on your denial and ignorance of the facts FP. I'm not sure that if you did have the facts to hand, you would change your mind though. It's just the way you roll.