You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Billy Connolly.

Kopite

1 minute ago, Captain Howdy said:

Comedians? Dunno, I like sit coms, Partridge, Rigsby, Brent that kind of thing really

Brent and Rigsby both have massively ‘inappropriate’ jokes that rely on the listener realising the racist/sexist is the butt of the joke.  

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Nicely swerved. 

Good choices as well. 

Haven’t swerved anything mate,that's the kind of humour I like, if they joke about anything inappropriate I’ll judge it on its merits, Connolly was bang out of order it really is as simple as that, it was happening it was a live event there is absolutely no excuse.

1 minute ago, Captain Howdy said:

Haven’t swerved anything mate,that's the kind of humour I like, if they joke about anything inappropriate I’ll judge it on its merits, Connolly was bang out of order it really is as simple as that.

I was hoping you'd say some crass bugger like Chubby Brown or Jim Davidson so I couldn't point and shout "hypocrisy!" that's all. 

36 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Do you think this is funny?

“a Holocaust survivor who dies and goes to heaven. On arrival he tells God a Holocaust joke. And God says: ‘that isn’t funny’. The survivor replies: ‘Oh well, you had to be there’”

That's definitely funny. Of course the joke is at the expense of an absent god, not the victims of genocide.

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Saw him sat outside Highbury & Islington station just doodling in a notebook and enjoying the sun.

Gave him the thumbs up, which was reciprocated.

Seemed happy, which made my day.

I saw this bumped and I saw the Deathpool thread on page 1 and I thought "Aah fuck. It's not unexpected, but still..."

Your post just made my day, Bruce.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Saw Hitler outside the Bargain Booze in Norris today, gave him a nod and a wink.

Do your worst…

Jesus fucking Christ.

56 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Adolf or Eddie?

Adolf.

Eddie was sat on a bench in Hammersmith, looking lonely. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Adolf.

Eddie was sat on a bench in Hammersmith, looking lonely. 

I was working in Hammersmith when Rik died. They were talking about putting the bench back there in memory. Not sure if they did but I hope so. 

• Upvote 2

If you spend about five decades doing comedy that plays around the edges of what's considered nice or acceptable, you are going to misjudge a few and offend people who deserve better.  Your entire career shouldn't be judged by that.

Twats like Chubby Brown and Jim Davidson have made entire careers of lazily playing on bigotry and stereotypes.  That used to be considered more acceptable than Billy Connolly's fart jokes. Weird but true.

Everyone at some point needs to go and see Jerry Sadowitz. He'll give you the smug chortles you get from jokes crafted to offend people you disagree with plus the uncomfortable squirm of jokes that offend you.

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

Adolf or Eddie?

A relative? 

Yes. I had a Mother. 

ETA: Bottom was ace. Saw Bottom 3 Live I think it was at the Hippodrome, so twat in the cheap seats upstairs thought he was funnier than the show and kept interrupting just before punchlines. 

Ade Edmondson finally lost his rag and shouted out “why don’t you just fucking jump, no seriously you cunt jump”. 

Had the biggest laugh of the night. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Isnt Rigsby just a character in a tv show? He made loads of racist remarks at the expense of his black lodger too.

I’m not sure what you mean. The point of the entire series is that Rigsby is shown to be a massive racist and an inverse snob who fails constantly.  The one person who acts with integrity is the black man. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Rico1304 said:

I’m not sure what you mean. The point of the entire series is that Rigsby is shown to be a massive racist and an inverse snob who fails constantly.  The one person who acts with integrity is the black man. 

I thought I was being sarcastic as I genuinely thought there was a stand up comedian named Rigsby who Captain Howdy mentioned as being a favourite of his.

• Upvote 1