You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Team for Arsenal

El Rojo

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dudek

Carra Agger Paletta Aurelio

Pennant Gerrard Guthrie Gonzales

Crouch Fowler

Would be good to see a few fringe players getting a run-out in this, with an experienced spine.

Agreed, would be nice to see god get a run out considering his record against the arse. Rafa has played alot of the squad players so far but as you say we need an experianced spine. Wenger tends to play a few of the kids in the CC so we will have to see if he continues with that.

I want to see the full strength side out. We shouldn't take their young lads for granted - plus I want to see our momentum continue.

I'd maybe play dudek, agger, aurelio and paletta

-----------------------------Dudek------------------------

Finnan---------------Paletta--------Agger----------Aurelio

Pennant------------Gerrard--------Alonso-----------Garcia

-------------------Crouch--------Fowler------------------

Peltier hasn't let us down yet so I'd play him with Carra, Agger and Aurelio at the back.

Pennant, Gerrard, Alonso and Garcia

Crouch and Fowler up front and Dudek in goal.

Guthrie to come on early for Gerrard if we get in front.

I want to see the full strength side out. We shouldn't take their young lads for granted - plus I want to see our momentum continue.

I agree Paul mate although Rafa has said he is resting a few players so i would expect to see the reserve players getting a look in.

The thing I like about the Carling Cup is seeing some of the new talent given the chance to shine. So far I think Peltier has earned the right to keep his place and probably Guthrie too despite the strong opposition so early. In 2004/5 he kept the youngsters in right up to the semi-final. I'd really have liked to see Lindfield out in the first rounds, but its too late for that now.

Fowler should be up front to build on his CC tally, and Dudek probably deserves a run out too. Then pack the rest with first team players, and the bench too, just to make sure.

Rafa has said he will be picking an experienced side.

Yeah now read that Tim mate - i had only seen the bit on SSN where going along the bottom Rafa had said he was resting players and expected Wenger to do the same.

Now read the Offal and read him saying hes playing an experienced team.

play the kids and lets hope we get knocked out of this pointless mickey mouse competition. we have bigger fish to fry.

dudek

peltier palleta agger aurelio

anderson guthrie alonso el zhar

fowler crouch

play the kids and lets hope we get knocked out of this pointless mickey mouse competition. we have bigger fish to fry.

dudek

fowler crouch

Luckily Rafa doesn't agree with you. whats the point of being in a competition if fans like you want to be out of itas soon a we face a team we can beat just because we have "bigger fish to fry" we are liverpool the aim is to WIN every cup we enter no matter how big the stature of the competion. i'm sure the players feel the same try telling them it's a "Mickey Mouse cup"

I agree with ThisisAnfields selection a good balance of youth and experience with stevie on the bench just in case

Its very tempting to make reference to the latter part of your signature, but its Christmas, and perhaps you had a bad day?

Like Red Tezza says, we want to win everything. If you're looking to get knocked out of a competition, there's no hope for you.

dudek

fowler crouch

I bet this time of year is hard for your family with your illness and that, just hope you and they keep your spirits up and enjoy what could be your last Christmas. Maybe we could all chip in for ticket, beers etc and take you to your first ever Liverpool game on January 1st against Bolton. It can be one of those "trip of a lifetime" things.

Stay strong mate.

It will be interesting to see how Arsenal line up. They often play pretty weakened sides early on as well. I think we will be going for a bit of a mix, but still with a strong team.

Raddy, you are a git if you want us knocked out of the league cup. Three cups and the championship is what we are in, we should be trying to win them all. You make it sound like this is the community shield or something. Get a grip.