You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chinese food

Section_31

I can'y believe Champ lives in Scotland and has never heard of link sausage.

Link sausage is nice but it should be called ergonomically designed buttie material. It is not a fking sausage.

Nah, you're talking about square sausage there, aren't you.

Of course I'd heard people talking about link sausage I've just never been exactly what it is so thought I'd ask. It turns out that it's just sausages

Dutch Chinese must be fucking terrible.

It's nearly all got weird orange sugary gloop on it. Black bean sauce is generally thin and watery with about 2 black beans if you get lucky. Load of wank. Gave up on it years ago. Surinaamse, Indonesian and Thai are all usually pretty good though.

A Vietnamese has just opened by us, the food is incredible.

We had one of those for about six months and the food was incredible and dirt cheap. Closed though as the food was just too tasty for the Dutch. They are probably running an orange sugary gloop stall somewhere now instead.

Nah, you're talking about square sausage there, aren't you.

Of course I'd heard people talking about link sausage I've just never been exactly what it is so thought I'd ask. It turns out that it's just sausages

Sorry Champ I made a arse of my post. Square sausage should not be called sausage.

Following on from Scotland's proud history of invention and innovation square sausage although handy is crap.

It's nearly all got weird orange sugary gloop on it. Black bean sauce is generally thin and watery with about 2 black beans if you get lucky. Load of wank. Gave up on it years ago. Surinaamse, Indonesian and Thai are all usually pretty good though.

The Orange sugary gloop on it is from the south, cantonese style foods. Agree these aren't great, too sugary, but there are loads of other styles of Chinese foods that are greater than that. For instance Harbin is famously known in China for its German style Sausages...

The Orange sugary gloop on it is from the south, cantonese style foods. Agree these aren't great, too sugary, but there are loads of other styles of Chinese foods that are greater than that. For instance Harbin is famously known in China for its German style Sausages...

Yeah but over here nearly everything has the orange gloop. Even the Szechuan.

I went out to an ace Chinese restaurant with the girl I'm dating last night.

I've been to this chain in Leeds before but not this restaurant in York, and this - like the one in leeds - was rammed with Chinese people, which is always a great sign.

She's a veggie, so I agreed to share the veggie banquet with her, and to get a side of deep fried salt and pepper baby squid along with it, as they do the best I've ever had.

The hot and sour soup was incredible.

The mixed starters were good. Some weird textured cold mung bean noodles were so much better than they looked, crispy seaweed was delicious and the other bits - some sliced green beans in soy sauce and veggie spring rolls were ok.

The mains were a disgrace.

Sizzling aubergine with green pepper in black bean sauce was severely lacking in beef.

Deep fried crispy tofu in sweet spicy sauce was one of the worst things I've ever eaten, mainly due to the slimy texture.

Trans the mushroom, water chestnut and mushroom (yep) in a spicy sauce had shot loads of peanuts despite them saying they'd not include them.

But it was ok, because my baby squid was phenomenal and I was already pretty stuffed after the starters.

Great restaurant, but not falling for that veggie trick again.

I went out to an ace Chinese restaurant with the girl I'm dating last night.

I've been to this chain in Leeds before but not this restaurant in York, and this - like the one in leeds - was rammed with Chinese people, which is always a great sign.

She's a veggie, so I agreed to share the veggie banquet with her, and to get a side of deep fried salt and pepper baby squid along with it, as they do the best I've ever had.

The hot and sour soup was incredible.

The mixed starters were good. Some weird textured cold mung bean noodles were so much better than they looked, crispy seaweed was delicious and the other bits - some sliced green beans in soy sauce and veggie spring rolls were ok.

The mains were a disgrace.

Sizzling aubergine with green pepper in black bean sauce was severely lacking in beef.

Deep fried crispy tofu in sweet spicy sauce was one of the worst things I've ever eaten, mainly due to the slimy texture.

Trans the mushroom, water chestnut and mushroom (yep) in a spicy sauce had shot loads of peanuts despite them saying they'd not include them.

But it was ok, because my baby squid was phenomenal and I was already pretty stuffed after the starters.

Great restaurant, but not falling for that veggie trick again.

I'm calling bullshit on this part, I've seen terrible all you can eats rammed with Chinese, it's just something people say.