You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Thoughts about Djibril Cisse

Guest myrlas

Here is Cisse's goals this season (including pre-season and for France).

After reading over and over again on how Cisse is a one-trick pony who scores only after luck, and bad goalkeeping against poor opposition. I thought I'd try to describe how, and against who his goals actually came. Then there would be no need for generalization.

Cisse came to us with a reputation of scoring all types of goals. For those of you who have seen his goals for Auxerre knows exactly what I mean. According to some he forgot all that when he joined us, and all he can is to blast the ball into the net. Well I have collected all his goals, and here they are:

Enjoy!

Cisse's goals so far this season for France and Liverpool.

He's scored goals with his head, with his leftfoot, right foot, penalties, free-kicks, volleys, tap-ins, one-on-ones, got at the end of crosses in open play and after corners, converted through-balls, put tha ball with ease in the far corner and blasted a few ones into the net.

1. 31/5(off 75) - Hungary (friendly) - Djibril Cisse opened the scoring from close range following a strong run by Sylvain Wiltord

2. 16/7(off 45) - Leverkusen goal 1(friendly) - Fine throughball from Le Tallec. Outruns the defence and blasts the ball in the roof of the net from a tight angle.

3. 16/7(off 45) - Leverkusen goal 2(friendly) - Another throughball. One on one with the keeper he cooly puts it between the keepers legs with the inside of his rightfoot.

4. 19/7(90 mins) - TNS- A cross from riise. He controls the ball in the right area of the box. Beats a defender and finishes in the corner with his leftfoot.

5. 26/7(90 mins) - Kaunas - another cross from the left . Crouch wins it in the air and heads it down towards Cisse and he beats the defender to get to the ball first. A predator poachergoal, and good link-up play with Crouch.

6. 2/8(on 46) - Kaunas - Cross from the left from Garcia. He dummies the defender and gets behind his back to cooly finish with the inside of his rightfoot.

7. 10/8(90 mins) - CSKA Sofia- Throughball from Gerrard from about 20 yards. Cisse is on a diagonal run out left, and finishes with his left foot in the corner

8. 26/8(on 79) - Supercup goal 1 - Cisse taps home from on the line as a deflection runs kindly for him in front of goal.

9. 26/8(on 79) - Supercup goal 2 - Cisse's first shot is saved but he reacts quickest to turn the ball home

10. 3/9(90 mins) - Faroe Islands goal 1 - Powerful Header from cross from the right from Malouda.

11. 3/9(90 mins) - Faroe Islands goal 2 - Firing under the crossbar from a pass from Wiltord. PS! The 3rd goal classified as an own goal came from a deflected shot from Cisse…

12. 24/9(on 69) - Birmingham - Penalty - sends the goalkeeper the wrong way.

13. 08/10(on 45) - Switzerland - Duel with defender, and his pace gives him the upper hand. He taps the ball right infront of the keeper, and can put it in the empty net. This goal is a result of hard work.

14. 15/10(90 mins) - Blackburn - Cisse drills a free kick low and hard passed Friedel

15. 19/10(off 75) - Anderlecht - Cisse blasts the ball into the net following Hamann's corner into the area

16. 01/11(on 72) - Anderlecht - Cisse gets the ball from Kewell and slots it between the keepers legs.

17. 09/11(on 72) - Cost Rica(friendly) - taking a ball from Vikash Dhorasoo on the edge of the area and curling a shot inside the post.

18. 19/11(off 69) - Portsmouth - Cisse lifts the ball over the keeper and into the far corner from wide right in what was meant to be a cross.

19. 28/12 (90 mins) - Everton - drifted past Weir before curling a low shot into the far corner of the net.

20. 19/3 (90 mins) - Newcastle. Penalty - sends the keeper the wrong way.

21. 21/3 (19 mins) - Birmingham. Cuts in from the right wing and drifts a low shot in that Taylor lets under him, into the goal.

22. 1/4 (78 mins) - WBA. Wonderful pass from Alonso deep in our own half finds Cisse who comes one on one with the keeper…gets past him and slots the ball in the net. (PS!Also sets up Fowler for the 1st goal in the 2-0 win)

23. 26/4 (90 mins) - West Ham. Sissoko cuts the ball back to Cisse who shoots hard in the corner from 18 yards.

24. 26/4 (90 mins) - West Ham. Fowler flicks Cisse through alone with the keeper. He shoots early, and the ball goes through the keepers legs, and bumps into the goal.

To be continued….

Be honest, you just want to jizz on his tatts don't you?

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest myrlas

It sure as hell seem like this forum could need some opposition to "what the majority thinks"...

Cisse's not the best striker in the world, but he's far from the worst... In fact he has a few abilities that are rare...and VERY expensive and difficult to replace.

And since he's a useful option on both flanks, and up front...and since he's our biggest goalthreat at the moment...why get rid of it???

The importance is the total. And Cisse gets to most chances from him and Fowler (they are the ones who play for us right now), so even if Robbie may be more clinical in certain parts of his game, I still think Cisse would outscore him if they was given the same amount of playing time.

10 pound for HJC says Cisse won't outscore Fowler next season. This is all matches, all competitions, if both play for LFC next season.

Guest myrlas
10 pound for HJC says Cisse won't outscore Fowler next season. This is all matches, all competitions, if both play for LFC next season.

Fair enough mate...I'm in!

It sure as hell seem like this forum could need some opposition to "what the majority thinks"...

Cisse's not the best striker in the world, but he's far from the worst... In fact he has a few abilities that are rare...and VERY expensive and difficult to replace.

And since he's a useful option on both flanks, and up front...and since he's our biggest goalthreat at the moment...why get rid of it???

because... we can get so much better ;)

Unless of course you take the time to formulate your own opinions rather than going along with everyone else.

Which most on here don't seem to do. I know Kopite rates Cisse but I don't see him defending the lad on here. I think Cisse return this season of a goal every two games is excellent (180 minutes) and those who have a go have no reason to do so. It is fashionable to have a go at Kewell, Cisse, and even Gerarrd yet others get cult status on the back of what exactly?

I want Cisse out for his poor work rate and lack of composure but to if it is goals we are talking about and judging by where he is played and how is in and out all the time, he has been good.

Guest Momo Sissoko
yet others get cult status on the back of what exactly?

You are one obsessed prick. Did you just sit there when the goals went in against Utd and the Blueshite? Or when he set up the goals against Newcastle home and away? Or when he controlled the ball on his chest for the 300th time and laid it off perfectly to a teammate?

By the way, I think this Mrylas lad was banned from Rawk for his Cisse obsession.

i dont think the majority here are following the crowd, i just think that the majority KNOW he isnt good enough for liverpool

we need an out and out goalscorer (owen crespo henry etc) to transform ourselves into a title winning team

what good are chances if you dont take em? ;)

Here is Cisse's goals this season (including pre-season and for France).

After reading over and over again on how Cisse is a one-trick pony who scores only after luck, and bad goalkeeping against poor opposition. I thought I'd try to describe how, and against who his goals actually came. Then there would be no need for generalization.

Cisse came to us with a reputation of scoring all types of goals. For those of you who have seen his goals for Auxerre knows exactly what I mean. According to some he forgot all that when he joined us, and all he can is to blast the ball into the net. Well I have collected all his goals, and here they are:

Enjoy!

Cisse's goals so far this season for France and Liverpool.

He's scored goals with his head, with his leftfoot, right foot, penalties, free-kicks, volleys, tap-ins, one-on-ones, got at the end of crosses in open play and after corners, converted through-balls, put tha ball with ease in the far corner and blasted a few ones into the net.

1. 31/5(off 75) - Hungary (friendly) - Djibril Cisse opened the scoring from close range following a strong run by Sylvain Wiltord

2. 16/7(off 45) - Leverkusen goal 1(friendly) - Fine throughball from Le Tallec. Outruns the defence and blasts the ball in the roof of the net from a tight angle.

3. 16/7(off 45) - Leverkusen goal 2(friendly) - Another throughball. One on one with the keeper he cooly puts it between the keepers legs with the inside of his rightfoot.

4. 19/7(90 mins) - TNS- A cross from riise. He controls the ball in the right area of the box. Beats a defender and finishes in the corner with his leftfoot.

5. 26/7(90 mins) - Kaunas - another cross from the left . Crouch wins it in the air and heads it down towards Cisse and he beats the defender to get to the ball first. A predator poachergoal, and good link-up play with Crouch.

6. 2/8(on 46) - Kaunas - Cross from the left from Garcia. He dummies the defender and gets behind his back to cooly finish with the inside of his rightfoot.

7. 10/8(90 mins) - CSKA Sofia- Throughball from Gerrard from about 20 yards. Cisse is on a diagonal run out left, and finishes with his left foot in the corner

8. 26/8(on 79) - Supercup goal 1 - Cisse taps home from on the line as a deflection runs kindly for him in front of goal.

9. 26/8(on 79) - Supercup goal 2 - Cisse's first shot is saved but he reacts quickest to turn the ball home

10. 3/9(90 mins) - Faroe Islands goal 1 - Powerful Header from cross from the right from Malouda.

11. 3/9(90 mins) - Faroe Islands goal 2 - Firing under the crossbar from a pass from Wiltord. PS! The 3rd goal classified as an own goal came from a deflected shot from Cisse…

12. 24/9(on 69) - Birmingham - Penalty - sends the goalkeeper the wrong way.

13. 08/10(on 45) - Switzerland - Duel with defender, and his pace gives him the upper hand. He taps the ball right infront of the keeper, and can put it in the empty net. This goal is a result of hard work.

14. 15/10(90 mins) - Blackburn - Cisse drills a free kick low and hard passed Friedel

15. 19/10(off 75) - Anderlecht - Cisse blasts the ball into the net following Hamann's corner into the area

16. 01/11(on 72) - Anderlecht - Cisse gets the ball from Kewell and slots it between the keepers legs.

17. 09/11(on 72) - Cost Rica(friendly) - taking a ball from Vikash Dhorasoo on the edge of the area and curling a shot inside the post.

18. 19/11(off 69) - Portsmouth - Cisse lifts the ball over the keeper and into the far corner from wide right in what was meant to be a cross.

19. 28/12 (90 mins) - Everton - drifted past Weir before curling a low shot into the far corner of the net.

20. 19/3 (90 mins) - Newcastle. Penalty - sends the keeper the wrong way.

21. 21/3 (19 mins) - Birmingham. Cuts in from the right wing and drifts a low shot in that Taylor lets under him, into the goal.

22. 1/4 (78 mins) - WBA. Wonderful pass from Alonso deep in our own half finds Cisse who comes one on one with the keeper…gets past him and slots the ball in the net. (PS!Also sets up Fowler for the 1st goal in the 2-0 win)

23. 26/4 (90 mins) - West Ham. Sissoko cuts the ball back to Cisse who shoots hard in the corner from 18 yards.

24. 26/4 (90 mins) - West Ham. Fowler flicks Cisse through alone with the keeper. He shoots early, and the ball goes through the keepers legs, and bumps into the goal.

To be continued….

This post is quite enlightening, but not because of the types of goals, but because of the timing of them.

I wonder if it's telling that Cisse scores so many goals either late in the half or late in the match? i.e when the opposition lose concentration or are tiring.

It'd be interesting to know in which of these games he started, or if he was sub at what time he entered the match.

Just a thought.

Guest myrlas
This post is quite enlightening, but not because of the types of goals, but because of the timing of them.

I wonder if it's telling that Cisse scores so many goals either late in the half or late in the match? i.e when the opposition lose concentration or are tiring.

It'd be interesting to know in which of these games he started, or if he was sub at what time he entered the match.

Just a thought.

The minutes says how many minutes Cisse played, not when the goal is scored.

I am member on RAWK yes(not being banned), but are being a bit fed up with they way that forum has turned out lately. Too many 13-year olds with only one-liners. The good debate is almost non-existant. But it used to be a great place, but that has nothing to do with this debate.

And I'm NOT obsessed about Cisse. But I can stand up for him in a Cisse-thread.

And to all of you that say we can do so much better. Come up with let's say 5 examples of affordable, available players that are much better than Cisse and that could somehow fill that role as the "fast" player who can threathen the space behind the defense...

Cisse has pace no one can argue that, he can also score goals. Those are his attributes however it is the things that he does no do that frustrate and annoy.

His first touch is poor and that is being kind. I also think he is not able to listen and take on board what he is told to do when on the pitch. I think his inability to do this will end his days at Anfield.

In no shape or form is Cisse a Raffa type player. If we get an offer for him, he will be of.

I think he (myrlas) meant 5 fast strikers that can get behind back lines on the break AND can be utilised on either flank if required.

I can think of LOADS of strikers better than cisse but placed on the wing I think their goal return and effectiveness will be reduced exponentially.

those strikers listed as better than cisse, would/could they score a similar amount from right midfield?