You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Minor achievements you're proud of?

Section_31

10 hours ago, Jennings said:

Be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here

MV5BNzg0MWEyZjItOTZlMi00YmRjLWEyYzctODIw

8 hours ago, Fugitive said:

I had a poo in work and people complained about the smell in the toilets. It fucking stunk and nobody knows it was me. I had someone come up to me a few minutes later and say the drains are blocked.

I once had a massive shit at a house party which blocked the bog. I went straight downstairs and gave it the "fuck sake, someone's blocked the bog".

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Fugitive said:

I had a poo in work and people complained about the smell in the toilets. It fucking stunk and nobody knows it was me. I had someone come up to me a few minutes later and say the drains are blocked.

A week or so back the youngest was on the PS5 chatting to his mate via their headsets. I'd gone upstairs to get something and can hear them talking about farts so like a childish twat I'm stood outside listening in giggling away.

Then Aiden says: That's nothing, my stepdad once did a fart so bad he made himself be sick. 

One of the proudest days of my life. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

Despite my family and background being rural working class and all about growing our own food, I don't do much of it myself. But I had some seeds and decided to try to establish some basil plants as the weather started to warm. So I potted some soil from the garden, fed and watered them attentively. Kept them in stable condition, covered with some plastic to retain heat and moisture, with plenty of sun. Regularly checking in on them.

Anyway, long story short I now have an abundant range of chickweed seedlings, ready for planting.

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 3

10 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I once knocked a bloke out with a single punch.

This reminds me of something I look back fondly on after nearly 30 years.

To start, I'm not a fighter and whilst been in a few scrapes in my earlier going out years I would always avoid confrontations were possible.

Whe I was in last year of secondary school, I started seeing a girl in our year who I'd fancied for ages but knew she was seeing a lad a year older from another school.

During school we started talking more and she told me that she had stopped seeing this other lad, over the next few weeks we started seeing more of each other but nothing yet happened but it was definitely on the cards.

One day I'm walking out of school on my own and as I get to the gate there's a lad waiting for me with two of his mates, he starts pushing me saying he knows who I am and that his girl finished with him because of me. I told him that I knew nothing of it and nothing has happened and I'm backing back into the scholl premises, by now other people are standing around watching.

The lads continued to follow me and the main guy is getting egged on by his mates to fill me in and I can see he's getting more angry and it's clear he's going do something. Next thing the girl comes running over screaming at him to get lost etc and as he continues to come towards me I clock him George McFly style sending him crashing to the ground, not knocked out but he's not getting up in any hurry, the two lads were clearly not interested in helping out.

I was top of the school gossip conversations for a few weeks after that. 

And yes, I did.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 7

25 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

To start, I'm not a fighter and whilst been in a few scrapes in my earlier going out years I would always avoid confrontations were possible.

Whe I was in last year of secondary school, I started seeing a girl in our year who I'd fancied for ages but knew she was seeing a lad a year older from another school.

During school we started talking more and she told me that she had stopped seeing this other lad, over the next few weeks we started seeing more of each other but nothing yet happened but it was definitely on the cards.

One day I'm walking out of school on my own and as I get to the gate there's a lad waiting for me with two of his mates, he starts pushing me saying he knows who I am and that his girl finished with him because of me. I told him that I knew nothing of it and nothing has happened and I'm backing back into the scholl premises, by now other people are standing around watching.

The lads continued to follow me and the main guy is getting egged on by his mates to fill me in and I can see he's getting more angry and it's clear he's going do something. Next thing the girl comes running over screaming at him to get lost etc and as he continues to come towards me I clock him George McFly style sending him crashing to the ground, not knocked out but he's not getting up in any hurry, the two lads were clearly not interested in helping out.

And yes, I did.

'Jusht call me Road,Anny Road.'

Or should that be 'Rode Annie?'

41 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

And yes, I did.

This has no place in the 'minor achievement' thread. This is a major accomplishment for any of this site's membership (except Anny Road).

We are metaphorically carrying you around the yard on our shoulders, cheering and singing your name.

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 3

When i was working in Aberdeen, I stayed in a small town called Stonehaven.

I am abssolutely shite at the round ball game but, due to an absence of able bodied alternatives, I was asked to play for the local pub team to make up the numbers.

They had lost seven in a row and had yet to put the round thing in the net. I came on with 10 mins to go and scored with my first (and possibly only) touch of the round thing; a volley onto the bottom left hand corner, despite the intention of side footing it into the top right hand corner.

I became a minor celebrity and was rewarded with a variety of female companions for a few weeks after. 

• Upvote 2