You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Surprise Surfuckingprise

Dirk

English fans are stabbed in Rome

Three Middlesbrough fans have been stabbed during violence ahead of the club's Uefa Cup clash in Rome, police have confirmed.

Cleveland Police said the attack came from an "organised gang of Italian thugs" who targeted two bars where the English fans were drinking.

The violence happened late on Tuesday as about 200 English fans gathered in Rome's central Campo de Fiori area.

In all 13 fans were hurt, although none of the injuries are life-threatening.

A 39-year-old man underwent surgery in Rome overnight and he remains in hospital for observation.

Lighted flare

Italian Police with batons were brought in to break up the violence.

A spokesman for Cleveland Police, who have officers with Boro fans in Italy, said at one point a lighted flare was thrown into a bar where Middlesbrough fans were drinking.

Tables and chairs were thrown as the violence worsened.

The spokesman said the injured supporters were aged between 16 and 55.

It is thought a group of extremist Roma fans known as Ultras, wearing scarves were involved. Reports said they were led by a man weilding an axe.

The club's chief executive Keith Lamb said: "Some Boro fans were drinking in a bar and were attacked by some Roma fans.

"A number of Boro fans have been injured - a small number - and taken to hospital and received medical treatment. "

Cleveland Police appealed for calm in the run up to the second leg of the cup tie, in which Boro lead 1-0.

Last year a Middlesbrough fan died after being stabbed outside a bar in Amsterdam, after travelling to watch his team in the Uefa Cup.

Brendan O'Connor, 36, of London, had joined friends to travel to Holland where his team were playing Dutch side AZ Alkmaar in November.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/tees/4808246.stm

No doubt that a fine of three chickens and a goat will be imposed by UEFA.

English fans are stabbed in Rome

Three Middlesbrough fans have been stabbed during violence ahead of the club's Uefa Cup clash in Rome, police have confirmed.

Cleveland Police said the attack came from an "organised gang of Italian thugs" who targeted two bars where the English fans were drinking.

The violence happened late on Tuesday as about 200 English fans gathered in Rome's central Campo de Fiori area.

In all 13 fans were hurt, although none of the injuries are life-threatening.

A 39-year-old man underwent surgery in Rome overnight and he remains in hospital for observation.

Lighted flare

Italian Police with batons were brought in to break up the violence.

A spokesman for Cleveland Police, who have officers with Boro fans in Italy, said at one point a lighted flare was thrown into a bar where Middlesbrough fans were drinking.

Tables and chairs were thrown as the violence worsened.

The spokesman said the injured supporters were aged between 16 and 55.

It is thought a group of extremist Roma fans known as Ultras, wearing scarves were involved. Reports said they were led by a man weilding an axe.

The club's chief executive Keith Lamb said: "Some Boro fans were drinking in a bar and were attacked by some Roma fans.

"A number of Boro fans have been injured - a small number - and taken to hospital and received medical treatment. "

Cleveland Police appealed for calm in the run up to the second leg of the cup tie, in which Boro lead 1-0.

Last year a Middlesbrough fan died after being stabbed outside a bar in Amsterdam, after travelling to watch his team in the Uefa Cup.

Brendan O'Connor, 36, of London, had joined friends to travel to Holland where his team were playing Dutch side AZ Alkmaar in November.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/tees/4808246.stm

No doubt that a fine of three chickens and a goat will be imposed by UEFA.

I found out that the Boro fan stabbed in Amsterdam a few months back was my sister's mate. Terrible thing. I am sure UEFA will dish out a harsh punishment.

uefa will do jack shit, they always do jack shit when it comes to the italians. they only gave inter the little rap on the knuckles cause it was on tv so they had to. this will be punished in the same way as usual, it'll be ignored.

did anything happen to juve fans when they petrol bombed cars last year?

Nothing ever happens to the eyeties.

They were shithouse pricks when we were there as well. Going past on bikes with knives down the back of the lag, i ask ye, is there ANYTHING more cowardly?

Then again, that is the eyeties all over isnt it. They proved that in any war they have fought in (ooo bit of politics thrown in!)

The bizzies are no better.

uefa will do jack shit, they always do jack shit when it comes to the italians. they only gave inter the little rap on the knuckles cause it was on tv so they had to. this will be punished in the same way as usual, it'll be ignored.

did anything happen to juve fans when they petrol bombed cars last year?

Uefa always do jack shit with anybody else but British fans. If that happend in Liverpool we would be kicked out without question. I dont know how Galatasry are still fecking playing in europe there is trouble either on the pitch or in the stands every year. Same with roma. They had to play behind closed doors last year so i expect after this they could well get a ban.

It's got fuck all to do with UEFA though hasn't it? It's a domestic policing problem.

are you being serious? the root of the problem has nothing to do with uefa, but it is still a football clubs supporters. it is like saying that racism has nothing to do with uefa. i know its not in the ground but come on.

are you being serious? the root of the problem has nothing to do with uefa, but it is still a football clubs supporters. it is like saying that racism has nothing to do with uefa. i know its not in the ground but come on.

It's not the ground, it's not the day of the game. That'd be fucking uproar if the same happened in Liverpool and we were punished for it. You only had to see the reaction to the ambulance incident when loads of Reds piled in with "what proof have they that it was Reds" when it took place at the King Harry a couple of hundred yards from Anfield 15 minutes after the end of the game.

It's not the ground, it's not the day of the game. That'd be fucking uproar if the same happened in Liverpool and we were punished for it. You only had to see the reaction to the ambulance incident when loads of Reds piled in with "what proof have they that it was Reds" when it took place at the King Harry a couple of hundred yards from Anfield 15 minutes after the end of the game.

Yes but what about the semi final last year? 3 games behind closed doors. Us at Juve away, all kinds of stuff being thrown inside the ground? On the night of the match, outside the stadium in Rome in 2001?

When we won big ears against Roma it was murder after. A number of fans stabbed etc. What action did Eufa take well the usual sweet FA.

Yeah, i heard it said that Rome was virtually a test run for heysal. Heysal is still taboo in this day and age, but a few of the older fellas i know who were there reckon the provocation was intense, even heard about a reds kid getting dragged through the fence and beaten while the police did nothing.

Roma fans seem to be an absolute gang of shitbags from whenever we've played them in my match going life (2001 & 2002); the first trip was a great one, although we only heard reports of it being moody from those who'd stayed the night before; the second one we did a night stay and it was horrible, the twats flying past on Vespa's trying to knife you.

In fact the best welcome we got was from Lazio fans who treated us like we were King's the whole time we were there ...

i went their the season we won treble, was shocked as to what was going on around us inside the stadium, at half time they started fighting with themselves, fucking chaos.

uefa are shit bags, they showed it when they punished inter last season, waste of space.

Didn't surprise me one bit to hear what went on last night. Roma are mental, and not just with English supporters. I was at Ascoli v Roma game on Sunday afternoon, and, after watching their team get done 3-2 by little Ascoli, Roma fans proceeded to throw rocks and, bizzarely (but fuck me they hurt if they hit you) umbrellas, down on assembled fans (including plenty of old men and kids) in the car park. Italian police are fucking crap whatever the occassion. They watched this go on for about 10 minutes before deciding to try and move the offenders out of range.

personally i didn't give a shit about the boro game,till i heard that some of them had been stabbed. i was at rome in '84, scariest fucking game i've ever been to. it was chaos even more so because the shithouse twats had everything arranged for a home win, a victory parade and everything, they even had temporary stands along the route!!! i had two mates stabbed and one poor fucker got the shit kicked out of him and the eytie bastards thought it was hilarious they were laughing as they were kicking him. dirty horrible fuckers

Never been so scared as I was that night. Bricks, bottles, the fucking lot. Then the cheery locals on their scooters waiving knives about. We got back to the hotel and managed to persuade the owner to sell us some coke to go with the duty free vodka and whisky. Didn't dare go back out. Loved it that they had all the celebrations ready though, served the bastards right.

My faith in Italians was restored slightly the following morning though. The waiter in the bar was a Lazio fan, and he was absolutely over the moon. Seems the rest of Italy wanted Roma to lose. Oh, and it was funny getting a uniformed cop pissed a few hours before the game.

My faith in Italians was restored slightly the following morning though. The waiter in the bar was a Lazio fan, and he was absolutely over the moon. Seems the rest of Italy wanted Roma to lose. Oh, and it was funny getting a uniformed cop pissed a few hours before the game.

yeah spot on mate. the lazio fans we met were sound as well (to be fair a lot of the roma fans were too BEFORE the game) if so many hadn't shit out (i can't get the time off work, i can't afford it, wife/family won't let me go etc. yeah right the same cunts couldn't WAIT to go if it had been dundee utd) we'd have had twenty thousand or more there and the wops would've got the kicking

yeah spot on mate. the lazio fans we met were sound as well (to be fair a lot of the roma fans were too BEFORE the game) if so many hadn't shit out (i can't get the time off work, i can't afford it, wife/family won't let me go etc. yeah right the same cunts couldn't WAIT to go if it had been dundee utd) we'd have had twenty thousand or more there and the wops would've got the kicking

Controversial.