You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we went 8x4 for next season it would mean that I forego promotion to the top league, but I'm OK with that if it gets the league back on track and a sustainable format.

As long as it means Fake Madrid aren't in my league anymore I'm happy.

If we went 8x4 for next season it would mean that I forego promotion to the top league, but I'm OK with that if it gets the league back on track and a sustainable format.

Does that mean the battle to stay in the league that i'm putting up is for nothing as i'll still stay in division 1 regardlless if we go to 8x4?

No seriously though if the league is finding it hard to sustain its numbers then it probably should be an option to be looked at.

Does that mean the battle to stay in the league that i'm putting up is for nothing as i'll still stay in division 1 regardlless if we go to 8x4?

No seriously though if the league is finding it hard to sustain its numbers then it probably should be an option to be looked at.

I think it all depends on how many team disappear from the bottom division Keith.

It looks as though about 4 teams from the bottom are going into liquidation, so you would end up relegated in the restructure.

Relegate two and promote you to replace Rattlers?

I think 8 teams (2up,2 down) per league is about right and the shorter season may keep some interested.

RiS did the away double over the top two this season. Nice one Jim.

P.S I WON THE LEAGUE AND PROMOTION AWAITS!!

WOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTT

I happy with 8 x 4 so long as I'm in the top league and Paddy should get up there if others have bailed out.

RiS did the away double over the top two this season. Nice one Jim.

P.S I WON THE LEAGUE AND PROMOTION AWAITS!!

WOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTT

(well it better do)

Congratulations Mr.Parsons, well deserved and congratulations also to RiS who showed today that you can win manager of the round by setting absolutely no tactics whatsoever NONE, not a fucking one, no playmaker, no offence, no defence, no marking of an opposition playmaker or even a stab at the opposition formation....that is obviously where Ive being going wrong, just pick a team using a pin and the system does the rest for you.

Congratulations Mr.Parsons, well deserved and congratulations also to RiS who showed today that you can win manager of the round by setting absolutely no tactics whatsoever NONE, not a fucking one, no playmaker, no offence, no defence, no marking of an opposition playmaker or even a stab at the opposition formation....that is obviously where Ive being going wrong, just pick a team using a pin and the system does the rest for you.

Sour grapes you whinging tart. My lads go out and play their game. You just couldn't handle them.

p.s. what was the score? I can't access it from work.

That's like saying the Antarctic is a bit chilly.

I can understand spawning the odd win with no preparation and tactics at all, but to win away from home and get manager of the round having done fuck all is surely comedy gold.

Sometimes a manager says to the players just go out and enjoy yourself.

It was 3-2 Jim.

You were 2-0 down after 55 mins then Harden set one up and scored one 57,65. Randy Hammercock then set up Khanna for the winner in 87 mins.

Superb. Khanna is retiring at the end of the season. Good to see the old dog wants to go out with a bang. Hell of a turnaround since i came back. Once we are mathematically safe, i will start planning the reconstruction.

Superb. Khanna is retiring at the end of the season. Good to see the old dog wants to go out with a bang. Hell of a turnaround since i came back. Once we are mathematically safe, i will start planning the reconstruction.

You are now arent you? There's only one game left and there's 3 deaduns under you.

Sour grapes you whinging tart. My lads go out and play their game. You just couldn't handle them.

p.s. what was the score? I can't access it from work.

It's not even that, I'm not having a pop at you RiS, you are entitled to do whatever you want, but when a team gets the tactics spot on and the other team sets none, how in the name of fuck can the tacticless team not only win 3-2 having been 2-0 down away from home, but the manager then win the manager of the round aswell? Its fucking madness. The message that sends out is the its pointless concentrating on tactics as its all total chance.

So do I, If i win It means I am defiantely safe. I'm sure you will the form you are in.

No luck there for you i'm afraid and i think that result for your team has definitly put me down. The only hope i have of staying up now is if i beat february Stars and you get bet by a few goals so i might stay up on gal difference!

Can't see it happening so i think i'll start planning for next season!

Today's result was actually a result that if i had more than i game left to go or if other results had went my way i would have been very happy with as Revolution are a top team.

The point i did get though came at a big cost in terms of injuries and suspensions, with the upcoming change report in mind.

A young defender who i hoped would get a positive increase in the change got injured today and saw his average form drop from 13 to 9 which means no increase for him even though he has 100% match experience as he won't be back in time to increase his average form.

Also how exactly does the average form work? I thought that if your form improved u should see an increase in average form after the game depending on the rating achieved. I have a defender who has been in the expert 11 for the last 3 weeks in a row yet his average form has dropped to 9 from 13 eventhough he is getting ratings of 12 stars and over everygame. Are some of the details in the game just made up?

Anyway enough of a rant i must go think of a way to beat February stars and stay in this division!:ermm:

Today's result was actually a result that if i had more than i game left to go or if other results had went my way i would have been very happy with as Revolution are a top team.

The point i did get though came at a big cost in terms of injuries and suspensions, with the upcoming change report in mind.

A young defender who i hoped would get a positive increase in the change got injured today and saw his average form drop from 13 to 9 which means no increase for him even though he has 100% match experience as he won't be back in time to increase his average form.

Also how exactly does the average form work? I thought that if your form improved u should see an increase in average form after the game depending on the rating achieved. I have a defender who has been in the expert 11 for the last 3 weeks in a row yet his average form has dropped to 9 from 13 eventhough he is getting ratings of 12 stars and over everygame. Are some of the details in the game just made up?

Anyway enough of a rant i must go think of a way to beat February stars and stay in this division!:ermm:

Are you supplementing your match form with form training? Form training is imo the most important aspect of this game. Spend any spare cash you have training the players you want to keep.

Are you supplementing your match form with form training? Form training is imo the most important aspect of this game. Spend any spare cash you have training the players you want to keep.

Yeah I've been doing that but what i'm asking really is like what PB was saying earlier about people not picking tactics yet still winning is some of it just down to chnace in terms of form going up or down? I mean if a player has good form and puts in a very good performance how can his average form drop?

Yeah I've been doing that but what i'm asking really is like what PB was saying earlier about people not picking tactics yet still winning is some of it just down to chnace in terms of form going up or down? I mean if a player has good form and puts in a very good performance how can his average form drop?

It's just a very strange aspect of the game called form tendency and there to frustrate us. Put simply, you have players that respond well to training and generally maintain their form throughout the season. But, you also have those that need to be trained after every game because no matter how they play their form will very often dip. It's about learning who these poor trainers are and binning them off asap.