You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

good news

Juniper

Liverpool midfielder Dietmar Hamann looks set to sign another new deal at Anfield after convincing Rafael Benitez he was right to keep him on.

Towards the end of last season, Hamann was rumoured to be on a list of players deemed surplus to requirements and looked set to be leaving for Bolton.

However, after the Germany international played a key role in Liverpool's Champions League success in May, Benitez decided to offer the 32-year-old a new one-year deal.

Now the former Bayern Munich star has agreed a 12-month extension until the end of the 2006/7 campaign and therefore looks likely to end his career with the Reds.

Hamann is still sidelined following Michael Essien's horror challenge during their Champions League clash earlier this month but could be fit to face his former club Newcastle on Boxing Day.

I'd have let Didi go in the summer. Not because I don't rate him, but because I couldn't see how we could accomodate his lack of pace any more; ditto Sami. Thankfully Rafa knew what he was doing and we've retained two massive players, both in terms of experience/mentality and quality on the pitch. Rafa knows.

Really? I don't know a single Red who doesn't thinks he's class.

didnt really come out the way i meant it to. Was referring to the ignorant baffoons who aren't Reds. obviously appreciated by those who understand the game, but never seems to receive the praise he deserves. the lad is class. Fact! :yes:

didnt really come out the way i meant it to. Was referring to the ignorant baffoons who aren't Reds. obviously appreciated by those who understand the game, but never seems to receive the praise he deserves. the lad is class. Fact! :yes:

With you. Fuck them; non-Red opinions count for shit.

Really? I don't know a single Red who doesn't thinks he's class.

:wallbutt: FFS!

Your grammar is getting worse by the day. Have you been looking at bluekipper or something?

PS. Didi rules

PPS. I retract that. Didi fucking rules.

:wallbutt: FFS!

Your grammar is getting worse by the day. Have you been looking at bluekipper or something?

PS. Didi rules

PPS. I retract that. Didi fucking rules.

Peter, Peter, Peter. You've fallen into my "Good God, he really is fallible" trap, haven't you? As I tell the kids at work, sometimes I pretend I don't know everything just to keep you on your toes - but I really do.*

*Have I infringed Hermes' intellectual property rights with a swell 'ed post like this?

i don't see how this is news ... i thought when he signed in the summer it was a 12 monther with another 12 months if he played more than something like 20 times. he can't be far away from that now, so it's just triggering an exisiting clause in his contract. i'm quite happy for him to stay though if he's happy with his current squad role.

i don't see how this is news ... i thought when he signed in the summer it was a 12 monther with another 12 months if he played more than something like 20 times. he can't be far away from that now, so it's just triggering an exisiting clause in his contract. i'm quite happy for him to stay though if he's happy with his current squad role.

He has now got 17 games. When he reach 22 games he gets another 12 months, according to Daily Post.He is doing a supurb squad role. Class as ever.

*Have I infringed Hermes' intellectual property rights with a swell 'ed post like this?

You certainly have, and I'm sure you'll be hearing from his solicitor soon. As soon as he's dealt with the Bob Monkhouse people claiming that Hermes has been stealing his jokes without crediting the source.

At least Hermes hasn't (yet) charged people for the privilige, though I'm sure some of the newcomers from KT wouldn't mind lining his pockets ;)

Liverpool midfielder Dietmar Hamann looks set to sign another new deal at Anfield after convincing Rafael Benitez he was right to keep him on.

Towards the end of last season, Hamann was rumoured to be on a list of players deemed surplus to requirements and looked set to be leaving for Bolton.

However, after the Germany international played a key role in Liverpool's Champions League success in May, Benitez decided to offer the 32-year-old a new one-year deal.

Now the former Bayern Munich star has agreed a 12-month extension until the end of the 2006/7 campaign and therefore looks likely to end his career with the Reds.

Hamann is still sidelined following Michael Essien's horror challenge during their Champions League clash earlier this month but could be fit to face his former club Newcastle on Boxing Day.

Great News. Didi is one of Liverpool's unsung heros. IMO he made all the difference in Istanbul.

I hope he ends his career with us and moves into a coaching role :yes:

Great News. Didi is one of Liverpool's unsung heros. IMO he made all the difference in Istanbul.

I hope he ends his career with us and moves into a coaching role :yes:

Unsung? I am not sure aboot that. Admittedly, I thought he was finished but since the end of last season, and most notably the Champions League Final, he has been immense. He's our World Cup finalist, Champions League winning Kaiser. With his trophy haul and the amount of high-profile games he has played in , he is nothing other than a class act. His ability to clear-up with intelligence and bravery is a fundamental requirement to success in the English game. Hopefully he will be able to teach Momo a trick or two before he leaves. Didi runs on empty and will even play with broken bones, making him a Liverpool hero, imo.

His ability to clear-up with intelligence and bravery is a fundamental requirement to success in the English game. Hopefully he will be able to teach Momo a trick or two before he leaves.

The Sao Paolo game showed that Momo has a long way to go on that score. Didi can read the game beautifully and it will take Momo a while to develop that.