You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Manchester City Result

RedKnight

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ronnie11

Once again today, we have improved on our result in the corresponding fixture last season. By my calculations, we are now 9 points better off than we were from the same fixtures last season. We are showing we can grind out results and 9 clean sheets so far isn't to be sniffed at. Chelsea did basically the same last year and are praised to the heavens, despite their huge budget. We do it this and get constant criticism, strange that..... I'm starting to get the feeling that Rafa has sussed out how to get results in the premiership just as he already has in Europe

Decent solid performance - nothing spectacular but thought we completely controlled the game.

Momo makes a real difference in the away games in terms of winning and keeping the ball - I think he can do a lot more creatively but hes really doing the business for us. Another good hardworking performance from Stevie G - like the way he puts in extra effort in the last 15 mins to make sure of the points. Some great tackles and touches from Steve Finnan.

Some really nice high tempo one touch passing towards the end when moro came on that didn't quite come off. Given a few more games I reckon we will be playing some sweet flowing football.

Progress by anyones standards.

Once again today, we have improved on our result in the corresponding fixture last season. By my calculations, we are now 9 points better off than we were from the same fixtures last season. We are showing we can grind out results and 9 clean sheets so far isn't to be sniffed at. Chelsea did basically the same last year and are praised to the heavens, despite their huge budget. We do it this and get constant criticism, strange that..... I'm starting to get the feeling that Rafa has sussed out how to get results in the premiership just as he already has in Europe

Cut and paste from RAWK :tease:

Thought Cisse was quite involved during the first 45.

So i was quite surprised and abit annoyed, i can admit, when he came off for Kewell, who i thought should have come on for Riise, who had really stunk the place up.

He was utter shite, and then he scored :D

Rafa is a genius and im not, so there.

Speaking of Kewell, thought he was great when he came on, well great might be to take it abit far, but i think his movement and ability to keep possesion improved us greatly when he came on. He still lacks abit of sting in his pace, but considering for how long he's been out that's no wonder.

I think Harry will do well this season. Today he certainly made an impact when he came on.

Our top 3 players were IMO

Hyypia

Gerrard

Kewell

Cisse was atrocious. And his attitude stinks. Get rid of him. Kujt please.

Sissoko was actually awful for the most part. But his commitment and energy makes up for a lot.

Hamann had one of his worst games. Two games in a week is beyond him at this stage. But, like Sissoko, he gives everything.

My God, we miss Alonso.

But then Hyypia and Carragher were outstanding. And Warnock and Finnan did well too...

Cisse was woeful today. He can't take players on, can't control the ball and doesn't track back or chase loose balls. If we can get £8m or £9m for him in January it'll be great business. Even Crouch seemed to get pissed off with his moaning/lack of effort at one point in the first half today and had a few words after Cisse didn't bother going after a knock down and just turned sulkily to Crouch, hand on hips. How this guy was ever rated at £14m is a mystery to me. The valuation wasn't his fault, but his lousy, lousy attitude certainly is.

It really, really pains me to say this but Drogba is a far superior player, and even he's only average.

Gerrard was fantastic and was unlucky not to score when charging down James after a backpass.

Kewell was good again.

Warnock was solid and got his traditional cramp again towards the end of the game - new calf muscles should be top of his Christmas list.

Off topic, Joey Barton went up in my estimation after trying, unsuccessfully, to change the ref's mind about booking Crouch after a late tackle.

Cisse was woeful today. He can't take players on, can't control the ball and doesn't track back or chase loose balls. If we can get £8m or £9m for him in January it'll be great business. Even Crouch seemed to get pissed off with his moaning/lack of effort at one point in the first half today and had a few words after Cisse didn't bother going after a knock down and just turned sulkily to Crouch, hand on hips. How this guy was ever rated at £14m is a mystery to me. The valuation wasn't his fault, but his lousy, lousy attitude certainly is.

It really, really pains me to say this but Drogba is a far superior player, and even he's only average.

Gerrard was fantastic and was unlucky not to score when charging down James after a backpass.

Kewell was good again.

Warnock was solid and got his traditional cramp again towards the end of the game - new calf muscles should be top of his Christmas list.

Off topic, Joey Barton went up in my estimation after trying, unsuccessfully, to change the ref's mind about booking Crouch after a late tackle.

He loves Liverpool does Joey.

Just one thing to add. Danny Mills is a wanker

Ah good got that off me chest :whistle:

Did you hear him shouting and cursing at Crouch after Crouch tumbled.

"FUCK OF YOU DIRTY CUNT"... along those lines.

Mills is a hardman, i respect him for that. When city was at Hibury and the Arse Fucked up that penatly should have seen him giving it to Pires.

"WHAT THE FUCK YOU TRYING TO, YOU TRYING TO TAKE THE FUCKING PISS OUT OF US YOU FUCKING CUNT"... along those lines. lol

Did you hear him shouting and cursing at Crouch after Crouch tumbled.

"FUCK OF YOU DIRTY CUNT"... along those lines.

Mills is a hardman, i respect him for that. When city was at Hibury and the Arse Fucked up that penatly should have seen him giving it to Pires.

"WHAT THE FUCK YOU TRYING TO, YOU TRYING TO TAKE THE FUCKING PISS OUT OF US YOU FUCKING CUNT"... along those lines. lol

I think you'll find he called Crouchy a "Cheating cunt" mate

Danny Mills and the word respect do not belong in the same sentence as far as I'm concerned.

I think you'll find he called Crouchy a "Cheating cunt" mate

Danny Mills and the word respect do not belong in the same sentence as far as I'm concerned.

He ain't no hard man either. He's a mouthy gobshite with a shaven head, who tries to look hard. As for him calling anyone a cheat, I seem to remember that twat once pretended he'd been hit in the face when hadn't been touched. Sure someone got sent off for it too, think it was at Charlton.

He ain't no hard man either. He's a mouthy gobshite with a shaven head, who tries to look hard. As for him calling anyone a cheat, I seem to remember that twat once pretended he'd been hit in the face when hadn't been touched. Sure someone got sent off for it too, think it was at Charlton.

No Dave, it was for the smoggies against Arsenal. His destiny is that he will play for Everton in the not too distant future, and will then set about ending the career of one of players and thus become an Everton legend.

It's wrtten in The Echo.

No Dave, it was for the smoggies against Arsenal. His destiny is that he will play for Everton in the not too distant future, and will then set about ending the career of one of players and thus become an Everton legend.

It's wrtten in The Echo.

Was it Vieira he got sent off? I remember the incident vaguely, but thought it was at Charlton for some reason.

Was it Vieira he got sent off? I remember the incident vaguely, but thought it was at Charlton for some reason.

I think you're right, it was Vieira who was sent off. I remember Henry taking the absoulte piss out of the useless fuck in the same match at some point later and the entire world recognised that the fake, self styled hardman looked an utter tit.