You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Custard

Michael Howard

There's not been enough food related threads on here for a while.

Custard is the finest pudding/desert/afters sauce - bar none. And a true great English dish - even the French call it "creme anglaise".

Made some custard last night - to go with the mother in law's home made apple pie. It was bloody fantastic - not had custard for ages.

For me its got to be made with proper Birds custard powder (in a tin) mixed with sugar and boiling milk - but once its made it needs a glug (that’s a technical term us foodies use) of cream stirred in - full fat milk was a good sub last night though. Perfection in a bowl.

Ambrosia is just shit. And the poncy stuff with vanilla pods in is nice but its not real custard is it? and as for Sayers custard slices - its not even custard - sweetened yellow polyfilla more like.

There's not been enough food related threads on here for a while.

Custard is the finest pudding/desert/afters sauce - bar none. And a true great English dish - even the French call it "creme anglaise".

Made some custard last night - to go with the mother in law's home made apple pie. It was bloody fantastic - not had custard for ages.

For me its got to be made with proper Birds custard powder (in a tin) mixed with sugar and boiling milk - but once its made it needs a glug (that’s a technical term us foodies use) of cream stirred in - full fat milk was a good sub last night though. Perfection in a bowl.

Ambrosia is just shit. And the poncy stuff with vanilla pods in is nice but its not real custard is it? and as for Sayers custard slices - its not even custard - sweetened yellow polyfilla more like.

rhubarb and custard, class cartoon ;)

Guest L4 Lad

this has got me thinking about dessert food i'm addicted to:

custard and ice cream (mmmmmmm)

white icing (on its own)

yes i am a fat bastard

Is this some kind of code for part of your mother-in-law's body? And what will Sandra do when she finds out......

With no teeth... ;)

Definitely - my teeth were aching at the thought of eating white icing. I pick it off xmas cake - horrible stuff. Same with that shit they put on top of carrot cake.

Back on topic - thats why custard is so great - its a pud but its not sickly sweet to taste. Its the mans pudding sauce of choice. Chicks opt for the chocolate sauce or whipped cream. Custard for the real men. (apparently the SAS TA put little sachets of it in their survival packs).

Back on topic - thats why custard is so great - its a pud but its not sickly sweet to taste. Its the mans pudding sauce of choice. Chicks opt for the chocolate sauce or whipped cream. Custard for the real men. (apparently the SAS TA put little sachets of it in their survival packs).

It looks like yellowy cum. I would like to point out I have NO idea if they taste the same. But I suspect you, being a 'real man,' would know.

I was hoping to get a few new custard ideas and what have I got so far - eat the frickin icing without the cake and a man whose custard looks like his spunk. Either you're not making your custard right or you need to get your jizz checked out. That doesn't sound normal.

This is how custard should look - due to my lack of "roasting" experience I am unable to comment on the appearance of other people's jizz.

custard_sauce_M.jpg

(Apparently the Portugese do a great little custard tart - anyone ever tried one? maybe i'll ask Christian.)

Guest BootleBoy
this has got me thinking about dessert food i'm addicted to:

custard and ice cream (mmmmmmm)

white icing (on its own)

yes i am a fat bastard

You look like Peter Crouch ffs! How can you be a fat bastard?

And where did I say it looked like my cum? I was making the point it looks like cum, but yellowy.

You're the one who brought cum into my custard . . . . .

. . . . i think i'm gonna barf

(Whats that Sandra - "My spunk looks like creme anglaise without the vanilla pods" - ?) ah fuck it - i've got a speech to make and pipple to see.

Ha, I've put you off custard for life. My work here is done.

NEVER

Now who can say this doesn't look good?

PortugueseTart.jpg

Perfect with a coffee on a shitty dull Thursday afternoon. Crunchy pastry, creamy soft custardy custard. Bliss.

Nearest thing i reckon is a Vanilla Slice from Gerards the baker - there's a few round North Wales / Wirral way. If you like the yellow stuff - seek one out mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm (its even got a bit of icing on top for anyone who just likes the icing!)

+++++Noos in no opinion shocker++++++

I have wracked my brain, and found to my shock and dismay that I actually have no opinion on custard. I must be mellowing in my old age. I don't particularly like it, but I don't find it offensive either. I would normally take a side, and accuse anyone disagreeing of being gay - but I can't.

What's wrong with me?

+++++Noos in no opinion shocker++++++

I have wracked my brain, and found to my shock and dismay that I actually have no opinion on custard. I must be mellowing in my old age. I don't particularly like it, but I don't find it offensive either. I would normally take a side, and accuse anyone disagreeing of being gay - but I can't.

What's wrong with me?

Its custard fatigue - understandable - I'm sick of this thread reappearing and i started it. Blame Claire and her game of soggy biscuit this morning.

Jamie Oliver likes custard - its good for kids apparently (but not when served with chips or burgers).

Bet you have an opinion on Jamie Oliver Mr Noos ?

Irritating, over exposed, tongue twisted, faux-cockney twat. (Sole redeeming features are Yummy Mummy of a wife - and does a lovely lemon tart recipe).

Shall i get the hammer or will you?

Its custard fatigue - understandable - I'm sick of this thread reappearing and i started it. Blame Claire and her game of soggy biscuit this morning.

Jamie Oliver likes custard - its good for kids apparently (but not when served with chips or burgers).

Bet you have an opinion on Jamie Oliver Mr Noos ?

Irritating, over exposed, tongue twisted, faux-cockney twat. (Sole redeeming features are Yummy Mummy of a wife - and does a lovely lemon tart recipe).

Shall i get the hammer or will you?

I actually like Jamie Oliver. Got a couple of his books, and tried a few of his recipes which turned out well. Would happily bang his missus as well.

I actually like Jamie Oliver. Got a couple of his books, and tried a few of his recipes which turned out well. Would happily bang his missus as well.

Could have been a legend on these boards - Emlyn Noos - always worth a read.

Will Young

and now Jamie fuckin Oliver

Peaked and fizzled like a shooting star. such a shame. thanks for the memories.

don't forget your coat.