You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• 3 weeks later...

Had this discussion with the other half the other day. As a pro beaner I was dismissing her idea of having a cooked breakfast for tea as; 1. breakfast for tea is madness, 2. we’re out of beans.

By discussion I obviously mean a massive row which I lost.

Her opening gambit, before we descended into listing things that have annoyed us about each other for the last two decades, made me think of this thread. 

“It’s not a classic ingredient though is it”.

I’ve barely slept since.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Had this discussion with the other half the other day. As a pro beaner I was dismissing her idea of having a cooked breakfast for tea as; 1. breakfast for tea is madness, 2. we’re out of beans.

Her opening gambit, before we descended into listing things that have annoyed us about each other for the last two decades, made me think of this thread. 

I’ve barely slept since.

Sorry to hear this mate. Divorces are tough. Hang in their.

1 minute ago, Aw Geez said:

Sorry to hear this mate. Divorces are tough. Hang in their.

We’ve agreed to disagree. You can guarantee though that the next time we have a cooked breakfast and she’s making it, there’ll be no beans included even if we’ve a cupboard full.

When this happens, I’ll keep quiet and feel my masculinity and pro bean passion slowly erode away.

12 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

I’ve barely slept since.

Obviously not checked the Faith and Religion thread because I think an honour killing is quite reasonable in this situation.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, skend04 said:

Obviously not checked the Faith and Religion thread because I think an honour killing is quite reasonable in this situation.

I have often thought that this should be on the checklist of questions for potential jurors. I know I’d find it hard not to be inclined to let a pro beaner off whatever evidence there might be to the contrary. 

15 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

We’ve agreed to disagree. You can guarantee though that the next time we have a cooked breakfast and she’s making it, there’ll be no beans included even if we’ve a cupboard full.

When this happens, I’ll keep quiet and feel my masculinity and pro bean passion slowly erode away.

She sounds like the personification of "better half"

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I'm not sure if I've come out before on this but i'm a pro beaner. Without something moist, and i dont mean disgusting tinned tomatoes, a fry up is too dry.

The beans need to be away from the egg, i do draw the line at that

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, A Red said:

I'm not sure if I've come out before on this but i'm a pro beaner. Without something moist, and i dont mean disgusting tinned tomatoes, a fry up is too dry.

It's the equivalent of saying it needs crunch and then crimping off an extra nutty turd on the plate. See the light, child

2 minutes ago, A Red said:

This.

The beans provide moisture one side of the plate. Egg yoke the other. Reduces the need to transfer one of the other ingredients unnecessarily long distances across the plate.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

She definitely is, other than her scandalous attitude towards the application of baked beans to a plate containing ingredients eagerly awaiting their presence.

Hopefully she will henpeck you into the correct breakfast bean approach and you can walk with the chosen ones, brother

16 minutes ago, A Red said:

This is what HP sauce is for

11 minutes ago, mattyq said:

This is what HP sauce is for

HP sauce, to my mind is like a dipper i.e its for dipping your sausage in. Or its to go in a sandwich. There is no way you get sufficient moistness on a fry up by having a dollop of HP sauce on the side. You certainly dont chuck it all over and therefore mask the taste of the other constituents. 

By having beans discreetly at the side of the plate you are giving yourself the option of a different yet complimentary taste.

Even pro-beaners advise the only way to make the clag-nuts edible is to reduce all that awful bean juice down therefore unmoistening the minge plasma.

This moist argument make no sense. Especially when saying no to hp because it masks the flavour. Because beans taste of nothing do they?

2 hours ago, YorkshireRed said:

I’ve barely slept since.

A fry-up is sound at any time. 

2 hours ago, A Red said:

Your having been branded as right-wing on here has always been offset by you getting at Stig about Celtic for me, but this is too much.

You've tipped the wrong way on the seesaw forever this time, you fucking brute.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

Your having been branded as right-wing on here has always been offset by you getting at Stig about Celtic for me, but this is too much.

You've tipped the wrong way on the seesaw forever this time, you fucking brute.

If they were green though..... 

Just been on a solo mission to the Supermarket. Our ‘big shop’ usually contains four cans of beans. I bought eight.

I feel, in my own small way, I’ve stuck it to the Wo(man) today. 

Although I am considering eating the contents of two of them for lunch before she notices.