You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (A) - FA Cup Quarter Final, Sun 17th Mar 2023 (3:30pm)

Trumo

8 minutes ago, niallers said:

That's just the icing on the shit show cake that we served up for the entirety of this game. Seriously, they can fuck off after that. They've been brilliant, but I'm sorry, that's just not good enough from a team that as experienced as ours is.

Yes we're tired, but fucking hell, don't fucking concede a goal there like that.

I'd make the cunts walk home.

Cobblers.

For well over half of that game we were so much better than them it was embarrassing. We didn't fucking score, though, and that's the only thing that matters.

1 minute ago, Reckoner said:

All those people calling for Tskimikas to come on for Robbo

I’d give collective blame for this one - Salah, Diaz and Nunez didn’t do enough to have this well won in 90 minutes. 

We should have had an additional player to Bradley back for that corner too.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

These players have a lot of credit in the bank from a good season, but that was disgraceful.

I couldn’t believe my eyes in that second half, Man Utd had actually given up, and we weren’t professional enough to finish the job.

Yeah, your second paragraph there, it was basically what "famous victories" are made of. You're getting battered, score from one chance, and then the momentum propels you to victory.

8 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Take 10 to calm down. It was a brain dead performance as you are ever likely to see. Why try stupid fucking intricate passes in dangerous areas when you don't need to you fuc.... calm.

Far too many situations where we didn't just clear it which is the only reason they were a threat in that last 30 or so mins. Trying to play fancy balls through a congested area of the pitch. 

2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

True blood and guts performance from United, to be fair. Wasn't much more than that. They played like their lives were on the line and we played like we were trying to win that 1-2 and keep the boys fresh.

Doubt this will have any bearing on the league game.

In much of the first half and extra time they did, but they completely gave up in the second half and weren't even doing most of the basic things you'd expect a team to do - tracking runners, closing down shots etc. The story after the match should have been all about just what a complete embarrassment most of their players are. This all occurred because of complete complacency from us. Hopefully it spurs us on in the league and a game or 2 less may even be beneficial in the long run, but it's also hard not to worry what sort of impact a defeat like that will have on morale. 

• Upvote 1

For all our ability to play football - and we were clearly the better side in footballing terms- United have been our Achilles Heal this season. We couldn’t beat them at Anfield, and now I have to say I’m concerned for the league game coming up. The recent goal fests against these were with Sadio, Bobby and Mo at his best. We were guilty today of missed chances and slack passing in the second half. It should have been done and dusted in 90 minutes. Jurgen will be very disappointed, as he should be.

1 minute ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

No way can you begrudge the united team or their fans celebrating that, of course you would you'd go wild.

I can. I can begrudge them it because the cunts wee chanting ‘The Sun was right, you’re murderers.’

• Upvote 1

Just now, mike23 said:

In much of the first half and extra time they did, but they completely gave up in the second half and weren't even doing most of the basic things you'd expect a team to do - tracking runners, closing down shots etc. The story after the match should have been all about just what a complete embarrassment most of their players are. This all occurred because of complete complacency from us. Hopefully it spurs us on in the league and a game or 2 less may even be beneficial in the long run, but it's also hard not to worry what sort of impact a defeat like that will have on morale. 

Yeah, I agree with that. Essentially, we should have just scored in the 2nd half and they would have really folded. They actually did fold but scored out of nothing and then that was that.

1 minute ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Cobblers.

For well over half of that game we were so much better than them it was embarrassing. We didn't fucking score, though, and that's the only thing that matters.

That's the unacceptable bit. We pissed about. That game should have been done and dusted as soon as we went 2-1 up. 

6 minutes ago, Juniper said:

Some of those kids need to go straight back in the line up.

Embarrassing performance from some of the senior players. 

There was definitely a looseness about today’s play that hasn’t been there in a long time.

We absolutely got what we deserved.

Big time Charlie's our lot today , thats probably the worst Utd team I've seen in years and for us to put that performance in today is inexcusable,  hopefully the players take that on board when the league game comes around because that just wasn't good enough today 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Anubis said:

I can. I can begrudge them it because the cunts wee chanting ‘The Sun was right, you’re murderers.’

I dont mean them as a club or fanbase I just mean a side winning in that way is going to cause a buzz even if its the charity shield.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BeefStroganoff said:

How can you boss Manchester City like we did and then play so fucking gash like that today?

One was really important, one wasn't.

We had that won twice and couldn't see it out which is unlike us. Although the winner we'd gone all in to try and score from the corner...how many times had that worked in the last minute just a shitter it was against  them we blew it.

I think klopp will use this...were winning the league 

Mentality monsters..

…Except when they meet United. 

Klopp outmanouvred by Ten Hag.

Unbelievable to see the way our players wasted one good situation after another in a second half that we controlled totally.

Salah was the worst waster, with Gakpo close. I have changed my mind about Gakpo. He is a lazy bastard with horrible decision making and weak finishing. Get rid.

Shocking loss, so many players out of sorts.

Let’s repay them in the league, it’s the one we’ve all been wanting all along. Get angry and take it out of Brighton after the break.

2 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

I had a fear that when we started getting players back from injury, we might lose some of the focus we had from the backs-against-the-wall last few months.

We were far too casual when leading 2-1 and 3-2. 

I’d have taken a league win there over this, but absolutely no guarantee of that either.

I think there's a reason we don't have a great FA Cup record under Klopp. The big games come at a congested time of the season and he listens to the medical team about minutes. Another manager leaves Szoboszlai and Salah on, risking them, but possibly to the detriment of the league campaign.

We still should've won, but it's tough at this point of the season to manage both the squad and games. Bit like the old adage about F1 being the art of winning a race in the slowest time possible, we were trying to eke out this game, do just enough, and it bit us. Doesn't mean it wasn't the right approach though.

• Upvote 1