You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Klopp: Stepping down at the end of the season

dandyman

Absolutely gutted he's leaving, what a ride it's been, but I respect his reasons for doing so. I too remember Jock Stein as someone mentioned earlier and the state Kenny was in when he left in 91 was something I never want to see again. 

Only Jurgen knows ( no, not that cunt) how he's feeling and what he's capable of and if he thinks it's best for both him and the club then unfortunately so be it.

I love the man, I think he's peerless and this new incarnation of the team could go on to great things so whoever comes in, hopefully Xabi, will be able to move us forward and in time onto even greater ones.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

I hope Jurgen takes the Germany job. I cannot believe he'll be able to resist coming back after a year out - he didn't last that long the last time he took a break. 

To get a manager that good tactically, and in terms of man-management, and also a magnificent human being who got the club and the city so well - you may as well hope for another Beatles. 'Now and then I miss you' - how apt. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

I hope Jurgen takes the Germany job. I cannot believe he'll be able to resist coming back after a year out - he didn't last that long the last time he took a break. 

To get a manager that good tactically, and in terms of man-management, and also a magnificent human being who got the club and the city so well - you may as well hope for another Beatles. 'Now and then I miss you' - how apt. 

Would be a huge loss to football if he doesn't return somewhere.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

I'm feeling worse about this by the minute. Love the man and it's been a privilege having him at our club and wish him nothing but the best for the future.

We may win more in the future, who knows, I can't see it, although we've won more in the past.

We'll never have a team though that fought in the spirit of Jurgen against the impossible odds of City. 

I am so proud to support them. That expression from Marvel,   "Agard is not a place it's a people".

Liverpool culture is a combination of all the migrants that have made the city so special.

Our football club symbolises the best of all and the willingness to embrace other cultures.

Klopps team embodied all of this and more.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Genuinely gutted. I hadn't even thought about him leaving for more than a minute ( because I didn't want to think like that probably)

He has been the perfect manager for this club. Both on and off the field he has Liverpool values through and through

• Upvote 1

All the Mancs laughing saying no one could last as long as "Sir" Alex. 

He didn't have to battle teams with unlimited money, was always winning because he was able to just go out and buy anyone he wanted, didn't have dodgy VAR and officials fucking him over and any knobhead journalists were instantly banned from press conferences. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

Genuinely gutted. I hadn't even thought about him leaving for more than a minute ( because I didn't want to think like that probably)

He has been the perfect manager for this club. Both on and off the field he has Liverpool values through and through

I like the way him and his wife loved living in Formby and said that everyone respected their privacy as well as just treating them like normal people. 

All the usual dickheads slating the city yet Klopp and several players have loved living there as well as Ainsdale etc and some stayed after they left the club. 

The way I console myself is no other premier league side has him either……

…. but still, he was as perfect as you could get for us. Some of the enjoyment will inevitably fade away when he’s not here 

Not getting any easier to take this. The fella is genuinely my hero. As Stu put he offered us “certainty” no matter what happened I believe Jurgen had the answer. There has no been one second of doubt in his time with us. Genuinely love the man.

I'm in such a strange emotional mindset at the moment. It honestly feels like a death in the family or getting dumped by your bird. I know this isn't anything as serious as that but I'm definitely in the denial phase, it's as though it's not real and every time I think about him leaving I'm constantly experiencing disbelief as though it's not real, I've felt that way since I heard. I'll forget for a bit, then as soon as I realise he's leaving again, I'm thinking "What the fuck, this can't be happening."

I've never felt this way about anything that wasn't immediate to me personally. It's fucking weird. I've never met the man FFS.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

If he left under different circumstances it'd feel a lot worse, I'm making peace with the idea that he gets to go out on his terms, we've had an amazing 9 years and we have the opportunity to do something fitting in the the next 4 months.

Beyond this season there's a nervous anticipation/excitement that we get to completely restructure the club and if done right could set us up for another number of years tempered by the fact we could also get it wrong.

2 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Get the statue built NOW.

A massive fucking grin and fist pump.

I’d have a statue of him in that fourth official’s face after Jota’s winner against Spur last season.

Never not fighting our corner and always kicking against the pricks. 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Elite said:

I'm in such a strange emotional mindset at the moment. It honestly feels like a death in the family or getting dumped by your bird. I know this isn't anything as serious as that but I'm definitely in the denial phase, it's as though it's not real and every time I think about him leaving I'm constantly experiencing disbelief as though it's not real, I've felt that way since I heard. I'll forget for a bit, then as soon as I realise he's leaving again, I'm thinking "What the fuck, this can't be happening."

I've never felt this way about anything that wasn't immediate to me personally. It's fucking weird. I've never met the man FFS.

Feel exactly the same. The Mrs thinks I'm crazy. But it's a very real feeling of loss. I'm pretty devastated by it, as we all are. 

Thought we had him to at least 2026, I half expected him to renew too. 

It's a very strange feeling and hard to put your finger on. 

• Upvote 2

I won't say it feels like a death in the family as I'm all too familiar with that feeling and saying it about a man I've never met is a bit too melodramatic (for me, other people are entitled to their own feeling).

It does, however, feel like a really good mate moving away and knowing he is never coming back. Can't help but think about all those special moments (Dortmund, Barcelona, no. 6, no. 19, battering United repeatedly, beating Everton in the cup with a team of children haha) and feeling things will never have that same magic again, no matter who comes in. As has been said, you can replace the coach, but you can never replace the man.

Love the man to bits and hope he can find the rest and normalcy he is looking for. No one deserves it more.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 12

39 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Get the statue built NOW.

A massive fucking grin and fist pump.

36 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

I’d have a statue of him in that fourth official’s face after Jota’s winner against Spur last season.

Never not fighting our corner and always kicking against the pricks. 

20230117_233250.jpg

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Elite said:

This is deffo worse than getting dumped by your bird!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

What I've taken from what he's said today, he was pretty ready to go after last season, but we didn't want to sack him (the fans and fsg both wanted him here) and he didn't want to leave us in that state. Once he's seen the foundations for the new team were in place, he's thought I just need to enjoy this and then get out. Fair play to him, his own health and wellbeing must come first and if his heart isn't in it, I could imagine he becomes half the manager. 

It's devastating news and something I've been dreading for years. He really is a genius, he's a wonderfully gifted football manager and then is a fantastic human being, which helps him drag every ounce of talent and effort out of the players, while simultaneously being the fella every one of us would pick to go for a pint with before anyone else on the planet. 

The next manager, no matter how talented, has impossible shoes to fill. I look out there and I've genuinely no idea where we would go next. 

He was the closest anyone could ever come to making me feel like a kid again supporting the Reds.

I don't love the game any more.  I love Liverpool FC, but not the game.

I think this gives me a "way out" emotionally - my "retirement" as a fanatic.

Football doesn't deserve the likes of me anymore... if you take my meaning, Baz.

• Upvote 3