You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Gooners - They Have To Go

Anubis

10 minutes ago, s(k)aturation said:

Is there anyone we don't hate?

Palace. After that I'm struggling.

Arsenal fans are sound, but 'Gooners' are by far the worst fans on social media. I clicked on a few tweets after we played them, so now my 'for you' is throwing up all sorts of mental shit that they're posting. Bad Fifa virgins talking about Saka being a better 'baller' than Salah and other such nonsense.

More than any other fanbase, they seem obsessed with comparing their players favourably to the best players from other clubs. It's defo an Arsenal thing, they do it constantly and it's proper weird. Remember when Kieran Tierney was the best left back in the world? I genuinely don't even know where he is now.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Not sure where this idea that real Arsenal fans are sound comes from.

I know a couple, one calls The Emirates 'The home of Football' & the other genuinely believes they are the best team in the World.

Deluded doesn't begin to cover it.

7 minutes ago, Mook said:

I know a couple, one calls The Emirates 'The home of Football' & the other genuinely believes they are the best team in the World.

For the last couple of decades, they've basically been Spurs; but their fans bang on as if that incredible team of Henry, Bergkamp, Viera et al is still ripping it up.

26 minutes ago, Mook said:

I mentioned on the match thread when we played them I was astonished after speaking to some arsenal fans in the week before how arrogant they are. They never used to be like that, but it's like the gooner social media quims have infected them. 

It's probably more for the shitness of modern football thread, but it seems social media has ensure all fans everywhere are gobshites. We have loads of absolute cunts ourselves. 

• Upvote 1

Surrounded by them, they don't seem to mind what they are called. Also, plenty of Spurs fans I've come across are happy being called 'yids'.

My first experience of football hooliganism was in that clock end when I was about 16. Bunch of older, much bigger dickheads nicked my scarf. Spotted the ringleader at Euston a week later and I had some mates with me. Never seen anyone run as fast as that cunt did.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Due to their general irrelevance of the last few years I’d not taken much interest in them bar our games but nowadays they’re an annoying, cocky bunch of cunts that need to fuck of back to obscurity again.  Gobby fucking arseholes.

in 2014, they were the worst. It was only 11 years since they'd won the title and the thought of Liverpool supplanting them as The Big Club That Couldn't drove them insane. Wind forward to 2020 and while the Blues of the Toffee and Moon variety were leading the charge to abolish football, Arsenal fans were notable in their absence, as were Man Utd fans. Yes, this is all anecdotal, I'm sure you can find legions of Gooners being Gooners over the last decade. Overall though, time has taken the edge off them.

2 hours ago, deiseach said:

in 2014, they were the worst. It was only 11 years since they'd won the title and the thought of Liverpool supplanting them as The Big Club That Couldn't drove them insane. Wind forward to 2020 and while the Blues of the Toffee and Moon variety were leading the charge to abolish football, Arsenal fans were notable in their absence, as were Man Utd fans. Yes, this is all anecdotal, I'm sure you can find legions of Gooners being Gooners over the last decade. Overall though, time has taken the edge off them.

Lots of support for HJC and boycotting the rag within their ranks I thought? Might be wrong.

I remember that “hoooof!” they used to shout, as they thought they were the only team who were trying to play football properly. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Curly said:

Lots of support for HJC and boycotting the rag within their ranks I thought? Might be wrong.

I remember that “hoooof!” they used to shout, as they thought they were the only team who were trying to play football properly. 

The irony being their successful George Graham years were boring as fuck. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, dave u said:

Arsenal fans are sound, but 'Gooners' are by far the worst fans on social media. I clicked on a few tweets after we played them, so now my 'for you' is throwing up all sorts of mental shit that they're posting. Bad Fifa virgins talking about Saka being a better 'baller' than Salah and other such nonsense.

More than any other fanbase, they seem obsessed with comparing their players favourably to the best players from other clubs. It's defo an Arsenal thing, they do it constantly and it's proper weird. Remember when Kieran Tierney was the best left back in the world? I genuinely don't even know where he is now.

Yeah - there was a load of that Tierney stuff. Even general opinion though was that Robbo should be moved for Scotland to allow Tierney to play his favoured role if I remember. Wasn’t that long ago either and he’s just disappeared as you say.

I don’t really know them as the main player comparers - that title is an evertonian trait in my mind

51 minutes ago, Curly said:

That Troopz is a bad bellend but he always wore the don't buy the Sun badge when he was ever interviewed outside Anfield. Claude was a decent fella and always used to praise us. 

• Upvote 1

There's something a bit exploitative about them pushing that Ty to the forefront, he's gotta be on the spectrum.

Although I think he's one of the few that isn't playing a character and genuinely lives and breathes the club, he goes to games at all levels for both the men's and women's teams.

No contest, the Arsenal fanbase is the most deluded and most stupid bunch of entitled cunts in existence.

I am in a group in which more than a few of them stated that Liverpool deliberately over-watered the Anfield pitch last week to stop their team from winning. And they were saying Klopp was the cause of the injury to Tsmikas!! One of he numerous times they've chatted the worst bollocks.

I recall also during the pandemic, how they were adamant that Liverpool and Klopp faked a covid outbreak because we didnt want to get knocked out by them in the league cup.

I generally never thought of my cousin as being a dickhead. But recently I could see he had been infected by this special Arsenal brand of stupidity. We were watching their defeat at home to West Ham. Saka goes down easily looking for a penalty. Ref correctly doesn't give it. My cousin then says "Ref is cheating, Salah gets pens like that all the time". I simply erupted, told him to shut the fuck up because Salah barely gets any 50/50 decision off the refs.

It was clear he is one of these Arsenal fans who genuinely believe Saka is better than Salah. No other reason for him to pick Salah (of all players) as a beneficiary of soft decisions.

They are pricks. They had a decade under Wenger playing good football and have since viewed themselves are sone sort of keeper of the game,  team that plays good football. Its bollocks for the vast majority of their history they've been a pragmatic team. They've also played in 6 European finals and lost 5. As I liked to remind the local gooner as work(he was a massive bellend, walked round the work office talking about yids,dippers and Munichs) you can't be a big club if you haven't won a European cup

6 hours ago, dave u said:

Anyone calling players a Baller can be ignored on any topic