You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

PODCAST: International Break Bonus Pod

tlw content

2 hours ago, JohnnyH said:

p.s. Alonso isn't really that attractive

He is, Johnny. Don't let your hatred for him cloud your judgement. 

Also, want to make a correction on something I said on the pod. I said, "Birds don't have a clue" about this stuff when discussing the most handsome players. What I should have said was "Our birds don't have a clue". My missus doesn't see the fuss with Paddy Berger, the other lads wives / girlfriends also have similarly weird views on this kind of stuff too.

So I asked a couple of female TLW members and loyal pod listeners for their takes, and they backed us up on Paddy, Dom, Xabi etc so my faith in the fairer sex is restored and I'm happy to walk back that comment.

The gays though, they're proper clueless. I remember asking Roger who was the best looking lad in the squad and he said Robbo. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, dave u said:

You think Alisson and Xabi are feminine looking? Don't think I want to see what the females in your neck of the woods look like!

I’ll give you Ali but you said Paddy, Dom and Xabi above. You should ask Rog for an expert opinion. 

39 minutes ago, aws said:

I’ll give you Ali but you said Paddy, Dom and Xabi above. You should ask Rog for an expert opinion. 

Pretty sure I remember him telling me he had a thing for Yossi Benayoun, so we can discount his opinion. He also drools over young Farage at Arsenal.

Great podcast even if it was a tad bit long. I did enjoy how Dave dismantled the sympathy card being played on Everton's behalf by a large part of the public.

I would also have thought Nunez would rank high on the list of our attractive players. One of the first things Klopp ever said about him in public was "He is an extremely good looking boy". Had to stop himself from practically drooling during the press conference. And this was before we even signed Nunez.

The Trent discussion was interesting too. I feel Trent wasn't being arrogant or churlish when saying midfield is his preferred option. He started off as a midfielder and probably always thought he would end up there.

Yes he can still be useful as a right back. However, you can't deny how wrecked his head must have been for almost a year before Klopp started using him in the hybrid role. When majority of the football world keep saying you can't defend and jumping on every error you make, then you can't be blamed for seeking solace elsewhere on the pitch where you know you can excel.

1 hour ago, Supremolad said:

Great podcast even if it was a tad bit long. I did enjoy how Dave dismantled the sympathy card being played on Everton's behalf by a large part of the public.

I would also have thought Nunez would rank high on the list of our attractive players. One of the first things Klopp ever said about him in public was "He is an extremely good looking boy". Had to stop himself from practically drooling during the press conference. And this was before we even signed Nunez.

Conscious we ran a little long on this one. We had more to cover than we thought on the internationals/Everton and really wanted to answer as many listener Qs as we could. Ideally, 90-100 minutes would be the max but sometimes we get caught up and it runs on because we're genuinely enjoying bullshitting with each other. 

Really appreciate that feedback. Thanks for listening.

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, Chris said:

Conscious we ran a little long on this one. We had more to cover than we thought on the internationals/Everton and really wanted to answer as many listener Qs as we could. Ideally, 90-100 minutes would be the max but sometimes we get caught up and it runs on because we're genuinely enjoying bullshitting with each other. 

Really appreciate that feedback. Thanks for listening.

Not a huge problem at all. I had it on 1.5x speed anyway. And to be fair, you did try to keep things moving. But it's hard to do that when Dave has a couple of his boys he loves to bang on about. That and his Kenny-like football skills. Ha!!

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, dave u said:

I asked a couple of female TLW members and loyal pod listeners for their takes, and they backed us up on Paddy, Dom, Xabi etc so my faith in the fairer sex is restored and I'm happy to walk back that comment.

I picked up a few subtle hints from @melons that she was a bit fond of Pepe Reina back in the day.

Code fancies the pants off him, too. If I remember rightly.

• Upvote 1

Wife update: after reviewing the current squad as she has no interest in football she has gone for "Ryan and Trent". Nunez and Konate were in the conversation. But they were all miles behind Klopp. 

I was gutted Hansen didn't get a mention on the pod. I had what alcoholics refer to as a moment of clarity on him when watching match of the day at my mate's grandads house. The grandad said "I'm not gay but that Hansen chap is remarkably handsome. He could be James Bond". I was inclined to agree. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

When talking about ex players I was amazed Souness didn’t get a shout out.

For a 70 year old bloke he puts all of us apart from @TheBitch to shame, especially when he has that grey beard. 

King Kev beat out Soey for me. I did give him many considerations though. 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, dave u said:

Alan Handsome.

I can't be the only one who called him that for the first few months he was at Liverpool?  We were little kids and my mate told me, "Liverpool have signed Alan Handsome from Scotland."  We thought he had a stupid name and would be rubbish.  It must have been months between him signing and playing, because when I saw his name in the programme I knew we had been saying it wrong.

I was then able to correct my gang.  Yes, we were mates and there was about 7 of us.  So we were a gang.

Ah, the 1970s...

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, Remmie said:

Wife update: after reviewing the current squad as she has no interest in football she has gone for "Ryan and Trent". Nunez and Konate were in the conversation. But they were all miles behind Klopp. 

My wife loves Klopp.  And Thiago.  Maybe Thiago should have been in the best looking conversation.  The fact that he doesn't play for Liverpool any more may have disqualified him.

• Upvote 1

• dave u unpinned this topic