You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

How Lazy Are You?

Bruce Spanner

11 hours ago, Jennings said:

There are some really smart and enlightened posters on here. And the fact that the moderation is light means the rawness and emotion comes through without heavy regulation.

I am most impressed impressed by the thought-leadership, creativity and individualism in so many of the posters contributions - rather than the posters who can regurgitate facts and data. I learn so much on these forums. 

I spend a lot of time in Liverpool, but obvs I am a bad wool,  - I reckon  the spirit of the City comes through in so many posts.

I have been on here for 10+ years or so and have no-one on ignore.

Even the posters on the FF that I disagree with, end up teaching me about footy. Some great contributors on here both on footy and on GF stuff.

Gay.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, elvis said:

There was an older thread on this topic , someone said him and his  flat mate were so lazy , they bought a twin pack of washing up liquid and never separated the two. 

I can't remember who it was , but I'm going with Byornebye

Are you intentionally spelling that wrong? Pathetic. "ooh look at me I wear flip flops in the winter I'm so laid back and breezy" 

2 hours ago, Redder Lurtz said:

I get free LinkedIn Learning with my job. There are limitless courses I could do on there, with qualifications, which would help me find a better job than I've got. I simply can't be fucking bothered at the moment. 

I wouldn't say that's lazy to be honest. I only do shit like that if there's a definite prospect of something at the end, more money/better job etc. Loads of that kind of training is just so employers can pay lip service to staff development.

4 hours ago, Section_31 said:

I wouldn't say that's lazy to be honest. I only do shit like that if there's a definite prospect of something at the end, more money/better job etc. Loads of that kind of training is just so employers can pay lip service to staff development.

Yeah but there are plenty of jobs out there for people with sql and python skills which I could probably do with one hand tied behind my back. I just lack basic motivation to open my laptop and do the courses in my own time. I've got far too many movies lined up on iptv; they ain't gonna watch themselves. I'm a disgrace and I need a boot up the arse in all probability. 

29 minutes ago, Redder Lurtz said:

Yeah but there are plenty of jobs out there for people with sql and python skills which I could probably do with one hand tied behind my back. I just lack basic motivation to open my laptop and do the courses in my own time. I've got far too many movies lined up on iptv; they ain't gonna watch themselves. I'm a disgrace and I need a boot up the arse in all probability. 

Open that laptop tomorrow or I’ll DM you a picture of my python (worm)

38 minutes ago, Redder Lurtz said:

Are you a disgrace, though?  If watching those films makes you happier than chasing those jobs, who's to say you're wrong?

• Upvote 1