You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

LASK (A) - EL Group E, Thu 21st Sep 2023 (5:45pm)

Trumo

1 minute ago, Fugitive said:

We also won’t be starting with anything like that 11 every week.

We started with a completely different 11 against Wolves and that was a lethargic first half too. Kind of the point I was making - the personnel changes, the first half performance doesn't.

2 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Tsimkas was brutal tonight.

Anyway we won a nothing game on a shite pitch against dross whilst playing badly for most of the match. Other than that it was great . 

He was truly awful others were not to good either it’s alright talking about changes but that should not affect control or easy passing.

I wasn't far off with the starting line-up. I'd predicted Joe rather than Bajcetic, and Diogo rather than Darwin. I expected that we'd look a bit scrappy as the players won't have played together and would lack rhythm.

Pudding of a pitch, an opponent that went at 100mph and a ref willing to let a lot of fouls by them go while penalising us for anything and everything, meant that we did not give a good account of ourselves in the first half. It was very much like playing in the early rounds of the FA Cup. LASK even had players who could launch throw-ins.

We sorted our shit out in the second half and LASK ran out of gas, but this early sloppiness is giving us a lot to do in too many games.

3 points at least, and an outing for the purple third kit. The other sides in the group played out a 1-1 draw.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, magicrat said:

True. It's the bench winning games atm as we have started really badly in a number of games so far.. 

I've reached the point where I don't give a fuck.  If we score more than the other team over 90 minutes, who cares what order the goals go in?

In a weird way, this wacky start to the season could benefit us: if an opponent gets an early goal, it won't necessarily boost their confidence or dent ours.