You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

This missing mini sub

Section_31

If I had that money I’d have took the risk and gone down to have a look. Far more interesting than going into outer space and climbing Everest that loads of rich bores die on. Both of them are just as life threatening so why not do something that no one else has done before.

Fair play to them all. Took all that risk for the sense of adventure. 

RIP to them

3 minutes ago, Red74 said:

If I had that money I’d have took the risk and gone down to have a look. Far more interesting than going into outer space and climbing Everest that loads of rich bores die on. Both of them are just as life threatening so why not do something that no one else has done before.

RIP to them

Being in some deep dark Ocean where you need to look at a screen anyway is better than being in space? Fuck off.

5 minutes ago, Red74 said:

RIP to them

If I had their money and sense of adventure I’d be throwing ten times that at James Cameron’s crew and sub, which is tried and tested. Not that contraption,

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Remmie said:

Being in some deep dark Ocean where you need to look at a screen anyway is better than being in space? Fuck off.

And what the fucks there to see in space. Oh look, there’s the earth. Yeah sound mate. Got a globe in ours.

William Shatner went to space and was depressed when he came back to earth. 

Boooooooring

10 minutes ago, Red74 said:

And what the fucks there to see in space. Oh look, there’s the earth. Yeah sound mate. Got a globe in ours.

William Shatner went to space and was depressed when he came back to earth. 

Boooooooring

Earth from above, the moon, planets, then there's the weightlessness.  

But sure a rusty old boat you see through a screen while you breathe in other people's piss and excrement fumes is better. Pathetic.

1 minute ago, Remmie said:

Earth from above, the moon, then there's the weightlessness.  

But sure a rusty old boat you see through a screen while you breathe in other people's piss and excrement fumes is better. Pathetic.

Come back to me when they can make the jump to hyperspace. Until then, the ocean floors are where it’s at 

3 hours ago, Strontium said:

I reckon the Americans have known about this more or less since it happened, but they're not keen for everyone to know just how good their underwater monitoring systems are.

News in the last hour

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/submarine-titantic-missing-submersible-tourists-latest-b2360568.html

Missing Titanic sub – update: US Navy ‘detected deadly Titan implosion hours after contact lost’

Meanwhile, secret US Navy underwater microphones detected the Titan sub’s implosion several days ago, officials say.

The Navy used a top secret acoustic detection system to search for any sign of the OceanGate Expeditions submersible soon after it was reported missing on Sunday, a US Defence official told the Wall Street Journal.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Strontium said:

News in the last hour

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/submarine-titantic-missing-submersible-tourists-latest-b2360568.html

Missing Titanic sub – update: US Navy ‘detected deadly Titan implosion hours after contact lost’

Meanwhile, secret US Navy underwater microphones detected the Titan sub’s implosion several days ago, officials say.

The Navy used a top secret acoustic detection system to search for any sign of the OceanGate Expeditions submersible soon after it was reported missing on Sunday, a US Defence official told the Wall Street Journal.

Thought I'd come to the thread to congratulate you for being right in your theory.

I should have known you would have congratulated yourself first, so needn't have bothered!

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, Strontium said:

News in the last hour

I think it’s absolute scumbag behavior to allow all this carrying on when they knew they were dead days ago. Even if they couldn’t be sure exactly what it was they heard, they could’ve told everyone they had reason to suspect they were already gone via the established timeline.

3 hours ago, Saintslfc13 said:

I think it’s absolute scumbag behavior to allow all this carrying on when they knew they were dead days ago. Even if they couldn’t be sure exactly what it was they heard, they could’ve told everyone they had reason to suspect they were already gone via the established timeline.

How do you know they didn’t? I would imagine the families would have been told to expect the worst.

Noticed a few of the papers have headlines stating the Titanic claimed 5 more lives.  Personally I think pure stupidity, greed and arrogance did that. 

RIP to the folks who lost their lives. 

11 hours ago, Strontium said:

I reckon the Americans have known about this more or less since it happened, but they're not keen for everyone to know just how good their underwater monitoring systems are.

Seems a bit odd that they discovered the wreckage right after the oxygen was supposed to run out. 

1 hour ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

How do you know they didn’t? I would imagine the families would have been told to expect the worst.

I only know what they told the public as does everyone else on this thread presumably. Up until confirmation reports there was no indication the Navy was doing anything but assisting in rescue efforts. Maybe they did privately notify the families, though I think the twat stepson would’ve let that slip as soon as he got his 15 seconds of notoriety for going to the blink concert.

Being told to expect the worst is a lot different than saying we have evidence they’re already gone in my opinion.