You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Featured: That was the Week that Was (Apr 17-22 2023)

tlw content

wtwheader.jpg

Monday Apr 17:

Leeds 1 L 6. For half an hour this looked like a typical LFC away performance. Sterile, pedestrian, unthreatening. Then we scored a goal that shouldn’t have stood and it was pretty much plain sailing after that. Leeds when they fall behind are a train wreck, they lose all shape and sense of discipline, start charging forward like loons and leave the worst keeper in the league badly exposed. He can’t make saves when he has protection in front of him, but allowing us to just run through against him is suicide. This is exactly what they did last week against Palace too.

Nevertheless, despite how awful they were, there were a lot of good things on show from us and it’s great to see Jota finally on the scoresheet again. Two good finishes to go with a nice assist. A productive night for him. We also had two more for Mo, another trademark Gakpo back post tap in (the new Raheem Sterling) and my boy coming off the bench to slot one. 

Trent was quality in his new role too. I like that we’re finally trying some things to figure out what we can do next year, and this Trent experiment looks promising. I don’t think it’s something we’ll do every week though as eventually teams will come up with a counter for it, and there’s also the question of what we do if Trent isn’t playing. We can’t play Gomez there. Milner could do it (not as spectacularly as Trent, obviously), but is he even going to be here next season?

On the transfer front, all weekend it’s been Gravenberch this, Gravenberch that. We went over for talks with his representatives apparently and there was buzz over a £25m deal with the player “excited” by the challenge. And then all of a sudden today, there’s word coming out from Bayern sources that he’s not for sale and they think he’ll force his way into the team next season. It’s gonna be a long summer. Every deal may turn into a saga at this rate.

View full article

• dave u pinned this topic

Think Chairman Bill has said the Palace game was one of his/their best days, now I get the relief/euphoria but they never seem to stand back and examine how it got that bad and long may it continue. I wonder if signing it Chairman Bill is his way of saying "fuck you" I'm the boss and not going anywhere? 

• Upvote 2

• dave u unpinned this topic