You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2023 Transfer Thread

an tha

7 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

To be honest it’s all a bit embarrassing for the Club really isn’t it?

If it turns out that this Szobozslai thing is nothing but posturing I will actually agree with you for once, but otherwise thus far we have made the best transfer value for money wise of the summer in Mac Allister. Nothing embarrassing about that.  

11 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

If it turns out that this Szobozslai thing is nothing but posturing I will actually agree with you for once, but otherwise thus far we have made the best transfer value for money wise of the summer in Mac Allister. Nothing embarrassing about that.  

I’m talking about the cries of poverty from local journos, explanations on social media of how Lfc could borrow money and corporate borrowers taking the piss on Twitter.

4 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

I’m talking about the cries of poverty from local journos, explanations on social media of how Lfc could borrow money and corporate borrowers taking the piss on Twitter.

Thats all nonsense you dont have to pay attention to. 

38 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Clinton-Baptiste-e1528886349158.jpeg

"I'm getting the word...shill."

4 hours ago, BeefStroganoff said:

1. The forwards would all gel seamlessly (possible)

2. The defence stops leaking (doubtful)

3. The top 13-15 players remain injury free and robust (extremely doubtful)

4. Most of the squad perform at peak (doubtful)

I am going to give you a second chance here to tie these to the owners - your 4 points needed challenge for the title.

We can assume the squad is what it is to make it easy.

Just go by line item for clarity.

4 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

How does that bother you and why do you keep paying attention?

It leads to a narrative about us 'being skint' which leads to an increase in us 'being skint' being discussed here and elsewhere - even got Klana joining in and taking the piss.

The same noise does not follow other clubs of similar stature around and I hate to see it attached to us.

We are the 3rd highest revenue generating football club in the world and the 2nd highest one that does not cheat, we are also hugely successful - most successful club in the land and a huge football club - the 'skint' narrative is embarrassing.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I think, no matter how you cut it, we need physicality as a priority.  We've been mercilessly bullied by big soft cunts like Billing, or out-run by very basic players. 

I don't care how good in possession the likes of Kone and Thuram are, it really doesn't matter much.  I like the idea that the cunts can simply stand up and win a header, or they can catch-up and wrap a foot around the ball if they're dribbled past, or simply hold the ball off while shoulder-to-shoulder with adults.  

Sure, I'd love them to have the passing range and tempo of Rodri but to be fair I think Rodri's most important job for City is having a sly hold of everyone's jersey as they run past him.  He'll break up counter-attacks all day, mostly by fouling, but he gets 2 or 3 goes at it before he's carded. Perfect.  

Legs, good engines, physicality, mobility, the ability to win challenges/2nd balls and athleticism are desperately needed in midfield and adding those things would go a long, long way to fixing us.

2 minutes ago, an tha said:

It leads to a narrative about us 'being skint' which leads to an increase in us 'being skint' being discussed here and elsewhere - even got Klana joining in and taking the piss.

The same noise does not follow other clubs of similar stature around and I hate to see it attached to us.

We are the 3rd highest revenue generating football club in the world and the 2nd highest one that does not cheat, we are also hugely successful - most successful club in the land and a huge football club - the 'skint' narrative is embarrassing.

Have you ever been around a Man Utd fan?