You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

PODCAST: Liverpool 3 Southampton 1 - Match Reaction

tlw content

A double from Darwin and a header from the impressive Bobby Firmino ensured the Reds went into the World Cup break on a winning note. The first half was excellent, the second half not so much but the three points are most welcome.

TLW Editor Dave Usher is joined by John Gallagher and Julian Richards to review the game and look ahead to what might possibly happen in the January transfer window.

View full article

• Upvote 4

• dave u pinned this topic

Agree about Harvey Elliot, he's been brilliant considering his age and not quite getting the plaudits because of our poor form. He's been doing well in a team that has been struggling, and for a 19 year old that is very impressive. What strikes me about him, is that he has the great ability to play one touch passes and thread the ball through the eye of the needle, and he is not scared to play the difficult forward pass, he's always looking to play incisive forward passes in fact, vey brave on the ball and never goes missing during games. His lack of physicality can be overcome as he bulks out naturally I think, it never stopped David Silva.

• Upvote 2

I wonder if it's the Southampton badge that is more attractive than the actual kit, Dave?  The kit has had some half-decent iterations, but often it's pretty rubbish?

Whereas their badge is probably, along with ours, the best in the division. 

Incidentally, Bournmouth's, which seems to be some cod-Athena balancing a ball on her head, is the worst.

7 hours ago, razor said:

I wonder if it's the Southampton badge that is more attractive than the actual kit, Dave?  The kit has had some half-decent iterations, but often it's pretty rubbish?

It's both I think.

42 minutes ago, Agt Provocateur said:

Lies and slander. I said that Bazunu was awesome!

My mistake.

11 hours ago, razor said:

Incidentally, Bournmouth's, which seems to be some cod-Athena balancing a ball on her head, is the worst.

Southampton and Forest have great badges. 

nottingham-forest-football-club-logo-vector.png

FC_Southampton.svg.png

• Upvote 2

Great pod, as always. Got to agree with Dave on Moukoko, he's a can't miss even though there are other areas of the pitch which require immediate attention. Reminds me of Sturridge in his playing style.

I don't think that he'd be happy to come here and sit on the bench initially though, the lad starts every week for Dortmund and has made the German world cup squad. He'd need to be in immediate contention for a place. 

Any plans for pods during the World Cup break? 

10 minutes ago, Crazy Dave said:

Great pod, as always. Got to agree with Dave on Moukoko, he's a can't miss even though there are other areas of the pitch which require immediate attention. Reminds me of Sturridge in his playing style.

I don't think that he'd be happy to come here and sit on the bench initially though, the lad starts every week for Dortmund and has made the German world cup squad. He'd need to be in immediate contention for a place. 

Any plans for pods during the World Cup break? 

No specific plans other than we will do some. Not sure what we'll be talking about yet though.

• dave u unpinned this topic