You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football 22/23

Bjornebye

Just now, Colonel Bumcunt said:

He should stop being their mate.  Levels have dropped, he's there to stop that and reset attitudes. He hasn't.  This is why we're 7th in a season where City are very beatable, and Chelsea are mid table. 

Being their "mate" is called his management style which is what brings him success.

The players you mentioned by the way, declining: Alisson, just no. Van Dijk, declined since his injury. Salah, 30 is NOT an attacking players peak.

12 minutes ago, Moo said:

Agree with this.  We are their main motivation and when we drop off, so do they.

20-21 We were shit all season apart from our extremely late run-in for third

It was United pushing City, and its United pushing City again..

swings and roundabouts and gruelling schedules.

21 minutes ago, LFC 6 Times said:

Fucking shite we weren’t able to get those league titles in 18/19 and 21/22. Really deflating. 

It really pisses me off we got fuck all for putting up the sort of seasons we did - rexord breaking stuff.

Now looks like arsenal or the mancs might win a title and possibly only need about 85 pts to do so.

1 minute ago, Red Shift said:

20-21 We were shit all season apart from our extremely late run-in for third

It was United pushing City, and its United pushing City again..

swings and roundabouts and gruelling schedules.

Yeah and City won it with a "measly" 86 points, they dropped off.

43 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

United are doing what we desperately  need to start doing, be practical and play to the strengths we have rather than being this plaything for nearly every side on the league. We hold no fear for sides.

Didnt watch the game, good result for arsenal this. city 1 up then losing to 2 goals in 4 minutes?

I dont think Ten Hag has done anything remarkable except fuck Ronaldo off and install some discipline (which should be present in any team of professionals any way).

Other than that, I think it's a question of 'who wants the result most?' Again, every team, including us, will say they go on the field with that attitude. But clearly, we arent unlike other seasons when we have and managed to come from behind to win many games. Now, we're conceeding first far too often which says to me, the players dont believe they 'want it more.'

56 minutes ago, Moo said:

Being their "mate" is called his management style which is what brings him success.

The players you mentioned by the way, declining: Alisson, just no. Van Dijk, declined since his injury. Salah, 30 is NOT an attacking players peak.

So Klopp agreed to pay a waning striker £400k a week. 

Van Dijk had a decent comeback from injury, his form has subsequently dropped off a cliff.

Alisson concedes loads. We've conceded 1 less than Everton.  

I'll accept a range of indicators in their defence, but 7th in January is one indicator you can't ignore.  It points to a myriad of issues. 

5 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

So Klopp agreed to pay a waning striker £400k a week. 

Van Dijk had a decent comeback from injury, his form has subsequently dropped off a cliff.

Alisson concedes loads. We've conceded 1 less than Everton.  

I'll accept a range of indicators in their defence, but 7th in January is one indicator you can't ignore.  It points to a myriad of issues. 

Fuck, some absolute shite in this post

7 hours ago, MegadriveMan said:

Rashford was clearly offside when the ball wax played to him but he left it for Fernandes who ran through and scored.

The linesman put his flag up though so clearly he thought Rashford was interfering with play, but VAR overruled him.

Atwell was ref expect decisions without thought.

Got absolutely no love for city but how on Earth was Fernandez' goal allowed to stand when clearly offside Rashford makes a clear play for the ball like he did? Rashford clearly makes an attempt to play the ball. If running to within less than an metre of the ball isnt attempting to play it, I dont know what is.

But then I noticed who the ref was, Stuart Attwell, the very same ref who repeatedly screws us over. Then you have that utter clown in charge of our game today. Didnt even wait a minute to book Matip for a challenge after booking Dunk for a far worse foul and then wasted no time pointing to the spot for Brighton when he didnt give a 2nd look at the Brighton keeper knocking Mo over.

• Upvote 3