You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football 22/23

Bjornebye

A couple of years back it looked like the plan was sell Mo and pay Saka's £40m release clause. That would be have been a brave decision that drew huge criticism but right now it looks like the right one. Saka is going to be what Mo was in a couple of years, well he would be if he got the Klopp treatment. 

22 minutes ago, Harrison Booth said:

A couple of years back it looked like the plan was sell Mo and pay Saka's £40m release clause. That would be have been a brave decision that drew huge criticism but right now it looks like the right one. Saka is going to be what Mo was in a couple of years, well he would be if he got the Klopp treatment. 

Salah’s one of the best players to ever play in England and top 5 to play for this club. Get the fucking boat.

19 minutes ago, LFC 6 Times said:

Salah’s one of the best players to ever play in England and top 5 to play for this club. Get the fucking boat.

Yeah and we would have had his best 6 years, the next 2 or 3 won't be anything near as productive as those. We would have had a 18 months of Saka already and another 7 or 8 years where he could be exceptional. That certainly looked like the plan, maybe it was Sadio's decision to leave that changed that.

7 minutes ago, Code said:

We will beat Real, of that I'm certain.

I caught a bit of it flicking between it and the snooker. These Barca youngsters Pedri and Gave look the absolute business. took the piss out of Real Madrid there. If we bring them in before the transfer window closes then I fancy us as well. 

At first I thought Madrid were trying the old “rope-a-dope” trick allowing Barca to have the ball and then hit them on the break, but gradually I realised Barca’s midfield were all over Madrid and their only chance was to get the ball to Vinicius Jr and hope he might do something or find the isolated Benzema, a bit like in the final against us in some ways.

Needless to say both sides were giving a really great demonstration of the art of simulation when they were breathed on, but Barca eventually scored 3 times in pretty clinical style, reminding me a bit of us a couple of years ago when our press used to get the ball back high and we sprung the defence to knock the ball in from close range. Ah well, never mind.

Glad it’s not Barca we’re playing soon, they’d destroy us, Madrid are still technically excellent, still shithouses, but they aren’t any better than the final and if anything Kroos and Modric weren’t as effective but then, our midfield and defence aren’t either.

4 minutes ago, coachpotato said:

At first I thought Madrid were trying the old “rope-a-dope” trick allowing Barca to have the ball and then hit them on the break, but gradually I realised Barca’s midfield were all over Madrid and their only chance was to get the ball to Vinicius Jr and hope he might do something or find the isolated Benzema, a bit like in the final against us in some ways.

Needless to say both sides were giving a really great demonstration of the art of simulation when they were breathed on, but Barca eventually scored 3 times in pretty clinical style, reminding me a bit of us a couple of years ago when our press used to get the ball back high and we sprung the defence to knock the ball in from close range. Ah well, never mind.

Glad it’s not Barca we’re playing soon, they’d destroy us, Madrid are still technically excellent, still shithouses, but they aren’t any better than the final and if anything Kroos and Modric weren’t as effective but then, our midfield and defence aren’t either.

Anfield will be a cauldron against these bastards which could see us through the first leg. 

1 hour ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I hate Arsenal.  Never been a bigger gimme from all possible rivals.  

Absurd situation. How the fuck are us and City in this situation.  I hope City batter them in both games.  

If push comes to shove, watching the season unfold, I would much rather see Arsenal win the thing than The ManUre.

At first, I didn’t give a toss, but you just know that Arsenal will be so scared of Utd when they play in the return match at the Emirates, just like they were at the Old Toilet, and they will capitulate, and that game may end up being a vital piece of the season’s jigsaw.

Having said all that, all I really want now, if we can’t get top four, is to win just two games. Both at Anfield, I hope the team is up for it - I want us to absolutely give Arsenal a hiding for the corrupt result at the Emirates, and I want us to send United back to Manchester crying like the mulling puking infants they are.

These two results may not be impossible if we’ve already given Madrid a hammering for all their bullshit too.