You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jude Bellingham Welcome to Liverpool…

19 minutes ago, Morning Glory said:

Using every journalist possible over the past 2 years to state the reason we have not strengthened our midfield and jeopardised several trophies because we only want Bellingham, he’s Jurgen’s number 1 target and then to fall at the last hurdle citing cost. Again. Standard FSG. Who can blame him if he walks in the summer dealing with these charlatans. Expecting a Milner contract extension any week now. Bastards. 

If what Falk has said about Bellingham being THE target and Klopp saying other deals have to be pushed down the pecking order to get it over the line first is correct (big if I know), then I think Klopp might actually consider his position. And I’ve not thought that before.

6 minutes ago, Anubis said:

If what Falk has said about Bellingham being THE target and Klopp saying other deals have to be pushed down the pecking order to get it over the line first is correct (big if I know), then I think Klopp might actually consider his position. And I’ve not thought that before.

And so he should and I wouldn't blame him one bit. I wouldn't put up with another shit show of a season like this if I were in his shoes.

Whilst he hasn't been at his best either, this team is more or less finished, and without serious investment will gradually get worse. As someone else mentioned elsewhere I wouldn't be surprised if some players had lost motivation due to this lack of investment issue. Teams need to be constantly refreshed and reinvigorated to stay in top shape.

The day these bastards fuck off won't be a day too soon, I detest them, utterly for the wasted opportunity they have thrown away.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Interesting that Falk reported this on the weekend and yet we’ve had Joyce now Ornstein in the last 48 hours going cold on Bellingham to us because of insufficient funds, and both are known to be fed by the club (Ornstein had the sale bullshit in November). Reading between the lines, this doesn’t bode well at all. 

42 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

And why would he do that?

He could come here and develop and still go abroad to Spain in 4-5 years time if he wants to, at his peak, he is only 19 years old. I think he will come here unless FSG fail to stump up the cash.

To play with better players who will bring his game on more, to play guaranteed Champions League football, to have a better chance of winning big trophies and to get paid more money.

If after months and months of being linked with Bellingham, I’m sure we’ve known a ball park figure all along. 

If we’re turning round approaching the last minute to decide it’s too expensive, it’s fucking shite on our behalf. 

7 minutes ago, Mark M said:

We've allowed our midfield to decline in order to save up for a midfielder we can't afford.

No. We’ve leaked the idea that we’re going all in on a player we’ve never, ever had the slightest intention of signing to - once again - dupe the marks and rubes who think FSG are honest brokers who want us to compete with the best. 

So, we can either suspect that we’re being sold a lie or that, as a club, simply don’t have the spending power of behemoths like Arsenal, Tottenham and West Ham, which could only be due to a relative lack of success and commercial heft.

1 hour ago, Red_or_Dead said:

As I've said before, he's not coming here.  There is no way FSG would stump up that kind of cash without a sale.

This I think people are wishing this transfer in to existence FSG will have to spend more than 100 mill and wages  I can’t see it 

I have seen this signing increasingly as fanciful. Bellingham's status as a complete midfielder has grown just as fast as our status as an incomplete club.

There are other talented players available on the market. If the recruitment team can't find three better first-team midfielders than the current ones, Klopp should bin it off.

2 hours ago, Anubis said:

The problem with him is that there is always 'one more thing.'

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

If after months and months of being linked with Bellingham, I’m sure we’ve known a ball park figure all along. 

If we’re turning round approaching the last minute to decide it’s too expensive, it’s fucking shite on our behalf. 

I’ve never expected us to sign Bellingham, but I’m more concerned about him being Klopp’s number one priority and Klopp having put in the legwork with his agent and family, only to be let down.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Anubis said:

I’ve never expected us to sign Bellingham, but I’m more concerned about him being Klopp’s number one priority and Klopp having put in the legwork with his agent and family, only to be let down.

Yeah, it’d be really poor. 

I’m not going to throw a hissy fit until it does / doesn’t happen, I’ll be hugely pissed off if it comes out we’ve done loads and loads of hard work to baulk at the last moment.

We obviously have an upper ceiling that we won't go beyond. Even if that ceiling is a crazy amount,especially for us, if it's not high enough to match our get closer to what others are offering, then we can't get him. That's a perfectly reasonable position to hold.

It will, however, feel like the same old bollix. Aggressively monitor the fuck out of said player, only to rule him out as its too expensive bla bla bla.

The owners who cried wolf way too fucking many times

That Ornstein article hasn't changed anything about what I think will happen. LFC are briefing behind the scenes that they're worried it might get too expensive, but this isn't the first time and won't be the last time they've done that. It's a standard negotiating tactic. Do the deal with the player and then try to get the best price possible from the club.

They've known all along roughly how much it would cost and they haven't backed away, so to me nothing has changed.

• Upvote 3