You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brighton (A) - Sat 12th Mar 2022 (12:30pm)

Trumo

The ref and VAR probably thought that it was a goal so he couldn't give a red card for denying a goalscoring opportunity. He was the last man so wouldn't have got a yellow either. 

But regardless should have been sent off for serious foul play or violent conduct. Players get red and yellow cards for dissent after the final whistle so there's no excuse to go back and look at it after the game had been stopped because of the goal. 

Watch how there won't be as much outrage and "Liverpool ride their luck" narrative as much as there was on Tuesday when Sanchez got a second yellow when he should have had a red card in the first half for trying to take Thiago out at the knee. 

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Caramac said:

Aye, he was getting pretty animated, there were a few situations where we might have improved our goal difference.

I think also he's rightfully annoyed that it feels like there are some games where our forwards are thinking about their own goals too much and aren't making the team decision. The balance of selfishness and being generous is probably something he has to talk about a lot with Salah, Mané and company, because of their mentality.

5 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Efan Ekoku was decent as a pundit on my stream. To my dismay Hoddle appeared at the start of the 2nd half but luckily it got switched again soon after.

That’s the last time I want to hear Hoddle.  Prefer the games where the missus is working and I’ve got cocomelon blaring with the match on mute.

23 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

He'll haved been kicked plenty in Colombia and in Portugal, I'd think. Maybe his introduction to somehow shitter refereeing than in those 2 countries, though.

Edit: lad above beat me to it.

You witnessed the Spanish ref midweek yeah 

3 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Almost all refs are pretty much different shades of shite. But somehow the ones in England seem to be that much more stupid.

Na they never get as many decisions wrong as that Spanish cock. English refs will get maybe one bad decision per game wrong. He almost got every single decision wrong apart from the red card 

David James: '"It would have been a foul, pen and sending off, had Diaz not scored. He did". Davey, mate, the actual consequence of a foul should have NO bearing at all on the judgement concerning the foul. It's about how dangerous it was.

It's like Harry Kane's 'tackle' - the fact he didn't break the ankle of our player is irrelevant when it comes to whether he deserved a red.

If you follow James's logic, you could pretty much destroy a player so long as you let them score. It's insane. It was a straight red, end of.

39 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

That's what happens when everyone's fit. There's plenty of teams in the Premier League who would be happy for them in their starting XI, but they're not guaranteed a place on our bench.

Reckon Konate was the reference to Covid Klopp mentioned.

He is definitely ahead of Gomez.

5 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

David James: '"It would have been a foul, pen and sending off, had Diaz not scored. He did". Davey, mate, the actual consequence of a foul should have NO bearing at all on the judgement concerning the foul. It's about how dangerous it was.

It's like Harry Kane's 'tackle' - the fact he didn't break the ankle of our player is irrelevant when it comes to whether he deserved a red.#

If you follow James's logic, you could prettty much destroy a player so long as you let them score. It's insane. It was a straight red, end of.

Love it how James, Carragher and anyone else saying if Diaz hadnt scored, then the keeper walks and we get a pen. Seriously, they are 100% confident that would have happened if he had say, put the ball over the bar or the wrong side of the post? Doesnt their narrative then shift to 'he got his shot \ header in but missed the target therefore the keeper doesnt get a red'?

It seems lost on these idiots VAR said review for serious foul play even though Diaz had scored, FFS!

41 minutes ago, Caramac said:

Aye, he was getting pretty animated, there were a few situations where we might have improved our goal difference.

30 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

I think also he's rightfully annoyed that it feels like there are some games where our forwards are thinking about their own goals too much and aren't making the team decision. The balance of selfishness and being generous is probably something he has to talk about a lot with Salah, Mané and company, because of their mentality.

It’s crept in more and more in the last two years, so it was interesting to see Klopp spitting feathers today, when previously he hasn’t. I suspect you’re on the money @Caramac that goal difference maybe on Klopp’s mind if we can take this to the wire.

3 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Love it how James, Carragher and anyone else saying if Diaz hadnt scored, then the keeper walks and we get a pen. Seriously, they are 100% confident that would have happened if he had say, put the ball over the bar or the wrong side of the post? Doesnt their narrative then shift to 'he got his shot \ header in but missed the target therefore the keeper doesnt get a red'?

It seems lost on these idiots VAR said review for serious foul play even though Diaz had scored, FFS!

Exactly. Virge didn't score last season and Pickford (boom boom) wasn't removed. So it's not a foul if you score and it's not a foul if you miss. When the hell IS it a foul???

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

Exactly. Virge didn't score last season and Pickford (boom boom) wasn't removed. So it's not a foul if you score and it's not a foul if you miss. When the hell IS it a foul???

When it’s anybody but us apparently.

1 hour ago, sir roger said:

Efan Ekoku was decent as a pundit on my stream. To my dismay Hoddle appeared at the start of the 2nd half but luckily it got switched again soon after.

I had him too. He was miles better than most of the fuckers.  Drury I think was the one with him who I don't mind too much. Bit old school but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Pleasant change from the usual rabble.

• Upvote 1